Sign Mj, Draft Dt And Olb, Then Te

VaderMan

I personally think Michael Johnson will be available. The Bengals also have another important FA in OT Andre Smith. The can not tag both of them and I think they tag Smith over Johnson. Their Dline is pretty good and can afford to lose Johnson vs an all important OT, in this blitzing league.

If Johnson is availabe, I think he should be our #1 FA priority. I say bring him home. Obviously we will cut Turner, hopefully we will cut D Rob, at worst he will have to take a major pay cut. I do not know if those cuts alone are enough to resign our FAs let alone sign others. I dont want to cut Abe because like Gonzo, I am hoping we can squeeze one more good year from him. I am however willing to cut Babs, if that would help secure MJ. We can resign Walker at a cheaper salary than keeping Babs. I honestly think Walker can match Babs production at DT.

That gives us Abe and MJ at DE. Walker and Peters at DT. Not bad and I am sure we will draft for the Dline as well, perhaps add a space eater at DT to add to that mix. I am hoping our first 2 picks are OLB and DT. I want that dynamic OLB in the first and then the big DT in 2nd. It seems there are more quality DTs than there are OLBs in this draft. Khaseem Green makes the most sense to me at pick 30. A converted SS into OLB, is that the answer for this defense or what? An OLB with S coverage skills and still the ability to play the run, not to mention blitz.

The all important 3rd round pick- Here is where we take our TE, even if TG returns , we still need to take the TE here. My two guys are Gavon Escobar and Travis Kelce. I realize they both may not be there but I would be happy with either. Im sure Escobar(88) wouldnt mind wearing a different number while fellow Latin TE TG shows him the ropes!

Go Falcons!

As I am going to be playing the role of the Bengals GM in the IMD mock off-season we do every season, I can tell you from the research I've already done that there is no way that MJ will be playing for another team next season unless the Bengals decide they don't want him. They have the most cap space of any team in the NFL, around $55 million. And they don't have any other big signings on their team besides Andre Smith and MJ.

As I am going to be playing the role of the Bengals GM in the IMD mock off-season we do every season, I can tell you from the research I've already done that there is no way that MJ will be playing for another team next season unless the Bengals decide they don't want him. They have the most cap space of any team in the NFL, around $55 million. And they don't have any other big signings on their team besides Andre Smith and MJ.

yeah, I agree.......for us as Falcon fans to "hope for Michael Johnson" when the Bengals are LOADED with cap space - seems kind of unrealistic.

yeah, I agree.......for us as Falcon fans to "hope for Michael Johnson" when the Bengals are LOADED with cap space - seems kind of unrealistic.

I do see your point however, better players than him have hit FA market. I know its a good chance they retain him but stranger things have happened. How do you feel about my Babs and Walker scenario?

I do see your point however, better players than him have hit FA market. I know its a good chance they retain him but stranger things have happened. How do you feel about my Babs and Walker scenario?

we definitely need to re-sign Vance Walker - I agree w/ you there. Babs has one more year left on his deal and he's our best overall defensive tackle - I think you keep him - he is at a reasonable cap number and just don't re-sign Babs next year when his contract runs out.

What is the difference money wise between MJ and Charles Johnson, who we would not pay for?

At least we made an offer to CJ, the Panthers just stepped up and over paid to keep their player, it happens. When there is demand the player will be over paid, we have seen it time and again.

At least we made an offer to CJ, the Panthers just stepped up and over paid to keep their player, it happens. When there is demand the player will be over paid, we have seen it time and again.

I just see MJ getting that type of money, and TD being a smart GM, wont just go wasting all our Cap on this guy.

What is the difference money wise between MJ and Charles Johnson, who we would not pay for?

Well CJ got between 12-13 mill per and now the Panthers cap is screwed there 12-13 mill over or in that neighborhood.

Michael Johnson its hard to say he won't get elite $$$$$ but he'll go just under probably in that 8-10 region if I were having a stab at it.

Yeah don't see Johnson leaving the Bengals. You say better players have him the FA market, but when has that happened with a young talented player and the team has lots of Cap Space?

We tried out hardest to pay for CJ and he wanted to come here. That buffoon made him Marty Hurney made him an outrageous contract we couldn't match and he couldn't refuse.

I blame out lack of pass rush on Marty Hurney. We finally identified a good pass rusher, tried to sign him and got c--k blocked by Marty Hurney and panic signed Ray Edwards. Ugh I hate Marty Hurney. At least he had the decency to leave the Panties in cap he77 I guess.

Edited by Cam Topdrew Bottom