Where Does John Abraham Fit Going Forward?

THE ICEMAN

I would have to think changes are coming in the future for the Atl defense so where does John Abraham fit in the thing.

And what I mean is let's say the falcons make a play for Anthony Spencer,Cliff Avirl,Michael Johnson or Paul Kruger and let's say Atl also draft a guy in the 1st or 2nd then throw in Kroy,Mass and Mathews we can't have that many DE's. And see Abe's cap number and age and knowing he doesn't play a ton of snaps will he be here if we sign and draft someone and not to mention it also seems like he's always injuried when the playoffs roll around.

Abe's not our problem and I hope he's not cut but looking at it this way there's a chance he may be gone.

I'd rather see us restructure Abraham's contract and keep him.

Could anyone see us cutting Kroy because if we sign someone and draft a guy high somebody got to draw the short straw

This is one of the reasons I believe the falcons haven't developed a pass rusher. Sid has what it takes but hasn't got the snaps manly because of the vets in front of him.

I think a guy like Kroy is holding back say a guy like Sid or now Mass.

Could anyone see us cutting Kroy because if we sign someone and draft a guy high somebody got to draw the short straw

This is one of the reasons I believe the falcons haven't developed a pass rusher. Sid has what it takes but hasn't got the snaps manly because of the vets in front of him.

I don't see Kroy getting cut because he is so versatile and Nolan has used him in many ways.

kroy is not getting cut. He can do anything they ask him

kroy is not getting cut. He can do anything they ask him

Yea so can anyone so that doesn't mean he good

I guess you didn't watch the games against those spread QB most of the time they ran at Kroy and we got burn he cost us the game against the panthers when cam broke that big one.

Kroy's a solid player but at this point I really don't see him as a starter he's got a lot of single match ups and hasn't produced.

I wonder if anyone would even be considering Abe leaving if Dleds dumb arse never made another one of his asinine predictions? I bet TD , Smitty , and Blank got a good laugh.

The more I think about it I believe they will restructure he deal to free up some cap space.

The only way I see him getting cut if TD decides to get younger and more athletic on the DL still I really don't see it happening though

Kroy fits into jack of all trades master of none category. If you do one thing you better be able to do it well. But in Kroy's case, he has the ability to at least do an adequate job at multiple positions. That makes him very valuable to the Falcons. Is he the greatest no but Nolan loves his versatility

John Abraham is a situational pass rusher, and I don't want us paying top dollar for his services. He got 10 sacks this year because he only goes for the QB. So many times he flew off the edge to get the QB and the running back runs right be him. Our rush defense sucked bad and Abe was part of the reason. We can upgrade for sure.

I dont know why everyone is so high on him, he had the least amount of tackles of all the starters, second only to Babs95. Too many people get caught up in sack numbers.

John Abraham is a situational pass rusher, and I don't want us paying top dollar for his services. He got 10 sacks this year because he only goes for the QB. So many times he flew off the edge to get the QB and the running back runs right be him. Our rush defense sucked bad and Abe was part of the reason. We can upgrade for sure.

I dont know why everyone is so high on him, he had the least amount of tackles of all the starters, second only to Babs95. Too many people get caught up in sack numbers.

John Abraham played 71% of the Falcons defensive snaps. That's not a "situational player". He doesn't make anything near "top dollar" either. Lastly, he is the only thing the Falcons have that can make an opposing QB sweat. He's absolutely crucial to the defense until the Falcons have another pass rushing presence.

John Abraham played 71% of the Falcons defensive snaps. That's not a "situational player". He doesn't make anything near "top dollar" either. Lastly, he is the only thing the Falcons have that can make an opposing QB sweat. He's absolutely crucial to the defense until the Falcons have another pass rushing presence.

Its really sad this has to even be explained to people.

I guess we just see two totally different players when watching the game. We'll just see if he's still on the team come the start of the season. Remember when we resigned him, management only wanted him for 2 years. But because we couldn't get anything better we had to negotiate a longer deal to keep him.

I guess we just see two totally different players when watching the game. We'll just see if he's still on the team come the start of the season. Remember when we resigned him, management only wanted him for 2 years. But because we couldn't get anything better we had to negotiate a longer deal to keep him.

Abe will be here the start of the season. Bet that

Yea so can anyone so that doesn't mean he good

I guess you didn't watch the games against those spread QB most of the time they ran at Kroy and we got burn he cost us the game against the panthers when cam broke that big one.

Kroy's a solid player but at this point I really don't see him as a starter he's got a lot of single match ups and hasn't produced.

Cam is the only spread option QB that had a lot of success running the ball against us. And statistically, that's only because of two big runs. None of the others we played ran all over us and burned us. Kroy often played spy or contain. On the plays we got beat, it's because nobody had the RB accounted for.