Truth About Falcons No One Wants To Accept.

The Post Master

Falcons had every bit of talent needed to win a championship last season as well as the two previous seasons. They got nothing to show. At some point you have to realize the common factor for all the failures is the leader. The team plays like its leader. There is no fire burning inside this team, none. They are plain, flat and heartless. Just go back and look at the games they are dead on the sidelines. When Samuels intercepted Bree's in the first game Mike Smith showed more emotion yelling at Samuels for the flag than the interception....took the fire out of the defense! Who knows what the locker room is like at half times.

You can mock draft all you want but this organization isn't going anywhere until real changes are made. I guarantee you all will be here talking the same crap next year. Wake up! This draft will have wasted picks like last year and others. They will pass on players because of so called "character" issues an other teams will continue to build and push the team back to the cellar.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funnily enough, in large part, I agree. When he got mad at Samuels for celebrating, it took the wind out of our defense's sails...and I think it's ultimately the reason we lost.

Not all Smith's fault, he didn't make Ryan drop the snap or Douglas trip on the way to a touchdown. He didn't tell Decoud to whiff on a tackle. But a lot of it is his fault. Team loss.

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

Funnily enough, in large part, I agree. When he got mad at Samuels for celebrating, it took the wind out of our defense's sails...and I think it's ultimately the reason we lost.

Not all Smith's fault, he didn't make Ryan drop the snap or Douglas trip on the way to a touchdown. He didn't tell Decoud to whiff on a tackle. But a lot of it is his fault. Team loss.

Agree

The highlighted part I agree with you all the way.

But the second paragraph are mistakes. Mistakes that happen all the time, every game to every team. If they had not happened we may have played in the SB.

But 'problems' (lack of a better word) with coaching are decisions not mistakes.

I really wish MS had the aggressiveness of a predator. But he has been the reason we have had great regular season success, so I can't b*tch much.

I dont understand you guys! Since Smith has stepped in he has brought this team from garbage to one of the top teams in the NFL. WOW how spoiled can you get when after 5 seasons and no superbowl championship you act like times are horrible.

If you want to blame Smith, go ahead he gets all the blame for the losses, but also the success.

Falcons had every bit of talent needed to win a championship last season as well as the two previous seasons. They got nothing to show. At some point you have to realize the common factor for all the failures is the leader. The team plays like its leader. There is no fire burning inside this team, none. They are plain, flat and heartless. Just go back and look at the games they are dead on the sidelines. When Samuels intercepted Bree's in the first game Mike Smith showed more emotion yelling at Samuels for the flag than the interception....took the fire out of the defense! Who knows what the locker room is like at half times.

You can mock draft all you want but this organization isn't going anywhere until real changes are made. I guarantee you all will be here talking the same crap next year. Wake up! This draft will have wasted picks like last year and others. They will pass on players because of so called "character" issues an other teams will continue to build and push the team back to the cellar.

From the outside looking in, I agree also. Mike Nolan came in and made a noticeable change to your defense. Hopefully Rob Ryan, oh my, can prove something and change our D the way Nolan did. However, like the OP said, the team plays like its leader which is not only Mike Smith but also Matt Ryan. It's obvious Mike Smith has no control of his team and I haven't figured out if Matt Ryan is just weak hearted or just a poor leader. Dude plays great during the season but looks completely different in post season. As a fan of the Black and Gold, I for one am glad you guys picked Ryan over Flacco. Flacco showed big cajones this post season. Here's to Matty Ice Cold.

From the outside looking in, I agree also. Mike Nolan came in and made a noticeable change to your defense. Hopefully Rob Ryan, oh my, can prove something and change our D the way Nolan did. However, like the OP said, the team plays like its leader which is not only Mike Smith but also Matt Ryan. It's obvious Mike Smith has no control of his team and I haven't figured out if Matt Ryan is just weak hearted or just a poor leader. Dude plays great during the season but looks completely different in post season. As a fan of the Black and Gold, I for one am glad you guys picked Ryan over Flacco. Flacco showed big cajones this post season. Here's to Matty Ice Cold.

**** you.

I don't mind when avowed, legitimate Falcon fans constructively criticize this team.

You don't even come close to meeting those qualifications.

I love Smitty it's just we're not as aggressive as we need to be we loss leads almost every game this year. why not just keep playing the whole game like we start off. Don't try to blame Matt because we know what he can do in the no huddle so he can easily call his own plays & be successful. I say just strip Smitty of play calling. He's got 1 more year I believe unless we get to the Super Bowl preferably winning it

I somewhat agree to a point, smith is a huge part of what we been doing here and winning but he is also a huge part of why we lose, I see our team and think, you really believe another coach can't win with.our talent specially on Offense??

When I think of smith.I think alot of Andy Reid sho won a lot of games in Philly but never the big one. And he was a consistent wi.ner when he had the talent.

I think we need a fireball on the team to keep everyone pumped during a game. I just haven't recognized that player yet. Sure, Smitty has partial responsibility to keep everyone pumped but when it comes from a player it sells the whole concept of playing fired up 4 quarters to everyone.

I think we need a fireball on the team to keep everyone pumped during a game. I just haven't recognized that player yet. Sure, Smitty has partial responsibility to keep everyone pumped but when it comes from a player it sells the whole concept of playing fired up 4 quarters to everyone.

Exactly what I'm trying to say. No fire in that organization. You could use a Rob Ryan type. Lol!!!