This Is My Second Mock I Called It My Pre Combine One

Adam25

Pre-combine Mock Draft 2.0

1st Round - DE Datone Jones UCLA 6’4 280 Lbs

6620338.jpg

• This guy improved his draft stock at the senior bowl making him a late first early second guy. He has tremendous strength and is currently working on bringing more weapons to his pass rush, he also said he wants to put an additional 10-15 pounds like JJ Watt did to become more dominate and more powerful. This guy has good speed, and just might have the best get off when it comes to putting his hand in the ground and going, he can line up anywhere on the D line and can get solid push. This is the type of DE that we need, a guy that can be a force on the edge but can set the tone in the middle. He is also stout versus the run and chases down tacklers, very smart and has a constant motor, he always wants to stride to be better, this is the type of player we need to have on this team.

2nd Round - DT Sylvester Williams North Carolina 6’3 315 Lbs

• Sylvester Williams is a big solid disruptive DT that gets solid push on the guards and on the center constantly. The biggest nack on this guy is that he gets caught getting stood up straight and doesn’t keep low, this is obviously coachable and will likely be fixed at the next level. He can come in and play the NT technique in the 3-4 and DT in the 4-3 I think this guy can come in and be an instant start next to Babineux in the middle. He had a good senior bowl week and had solid push constantly. DT in the second helps out our pass rush instantly getting pressure up the middle so the QB can’t step into his throws. With the Addition of Jones and Williams this gives us a way better D line and gets Abraham free from double teams.

3rd Round – RB Joseph Randle Oklahoma State 6’0 210 Lbs

• This guy is my favorite RB prospect in the draft. Has speed, size and can catch the ball out of the backfield, if you watch tape on Oklahoma state Randle does a lot of what our offense would ask of our runningbacks, the designed screen out of the shotgun just for him to get the ball in space, his long runs are because of his break tackle ability, he can make safeties, linebackers miss in space and is tough to bring down, he also isn’t afraid of lowering the shoulder to get the yards needed. He instantly comes in and starts at runningback and doesn’t look back.

4th Round – OLB Zavier Gooden Missouri 6’2 230 Lbs

• I came across this guy by my good buddy Falcon90, I watched a ton of tape and the tape that I could find and he wowed my on a lot of plays, he has good size at 6’3 and has really good speed. He comes in and presses Stephen Nicholas for the starting job and possibly over takes it. He can cover TE’s and runningbacks but he can also rush the passer to an extent. With his frame he could add 10 pounds and still have the speed to be the player he is. He also continues the theme of bringing in a Missouri player ever year.

5th Round – OT/OG Ricky Wagner Wisconsin 6’6 310 Lbs

• Another big hoss from Wisconsin, played a little OG but was asked to play RT, he’s a big strong player who gets a solid punch and excels in pass blocking. Can come in and develop behind our offensive line and maybe push a starting spot this year unless our O line steps and becomes the line we need it to be this year.

6th Round- WR Chris Harper Kansas State 6’1 220 Lbs

• Harper is a big physical WR with great hands, he didn’t really get a shot a Kansas as Klein was a running threat more than a throwing one. Harper can come in and contribute as our fourth receiver and help in the running games as he’s a solid run blocker, perfect for our offense.

7th Round – TE Joseph Fauria UCLA 6’7 256 Lbs

• Big physical TE that can come in and develop, still is pretty raw but can learn and probably contribute on some key red zone situations. Has good hands and catches the ball well with his hands.

As you see I don’t believe offensive line is a big need, I think we retain Baker and Reynolds. TE in the last round is a move to develop him, like I said he is very raw, but can contribute in the redzone. The reason why I didn’t pick one earlier is because I think we will sign one of Martellus Bennett, Dustin Keller, Fred Davis, Jared Cook or Dennis Pitta, that’s if Tony Gonzalez doesn’t come back, obviously one of those guys will be the starter from day one. I think from this draft we land 3-4 starters right off the bat to help contribute to our defense and offense. I really believe this type of draft gives us a ton more options on defense and more on offense as well.

Of course criticism is welcome, and I’d love to discuss anything you have on my draft, Thanks for checking it out!

I'd like it if it worked out that way, but Sylvester could easily be a 1st round pick. McShay has him rated very high. Despite what some people think about other draft sites it is still something to take into account. If he doesn't go in the 1st I really don't think he makes it to the end of the 2nd round at our pick.

I also am not a big fan of Fauria. CBS sports has him going in the 7th, but i don't think he makes it past the 4th. He caught alot of TD's this year and is a big WR. I don't see much difference in him and Coffman. Neither can inline block very well.

I'd like it if it worked out that way, but Sylvester could easily be a 1st round pick. McShay has him rated very high. Despite what some people think about other draft sites it is still something to take into account. If he doesn't go in the 1st I really don't think he makes it to the end of the 2nd round at our pick.

I also am not a big fan of Fauria. CBS sports has him going in the 7th, but i don't think he makes it past the 4th. He caught alot of TD's this year and is a big WR. I don't see much difference in him and Coffman. Neither can inline block very well.

Yea, With Williams I wouldnt mind putting Brandon Williams, whatever the case may be, I think we go DT in the second. Fauria is a guy I like and agree I could see him going a lot higher. I originally had him in my draft in the fourth, But like I said don't think TE will be that much of a problem with us getting someone in free agency.

but thanks for the input!

Good draft. Seems like everyone on the boards is coming out with new mocks that, while they include new players, all adress the needs of the team. I like how many options the team has.

I'm not that high on Datone, though. Great player, but I think we could get an even better one at 30 like Okafor or Short.

Edited by Falcanuck

Pretty darn good draft. Seems like everyone on the boards is coming out with new mocks that, while they include new players, all adress the needs of the team. I like how many options the team has.

I'm not that high on Datone, though. Great player, but I think we could get an even better one at 30 like Okafor or Short.

I love Okafor, one of my favorite players, he was in my first mock and I didn't take him out forever. I watched a ton of videos on Datone Joneshis game, not just only on his play but how he is as a person, Interviews, workouts things like that. This guy strides to be the best and is always wanting to improve. He has a high motor and his get off from the line is crazy, check him out more in depth wicked played, fell in love with his game as well, pushes him self very hard.

Thanks for the criticism as well buddy !

Edited by Adam3328

No way Randle falls to 3rd round and not a huge Datone Jones fan reminds me to much of Ray edwards plus we also have another 4 the rounder you left out

But I like to everybody doing mocks are filling needs the only thing some people are doing is ranking the need of a RB more than a TE which I think is wrong I have way more confident in Quizz and Smelling than Coffman and company

Edited by joe 1982

I love Okafor, one of my favorite players, he was in my first mock and I didn't take him out forever. I watched a ton of videos on Datone Joneshis game, not just only on his play but how he is as a person, Interviews, workouts things like that. This guy strides to be the best and is always wanting to improve. He has a high motor and his get off from the line is crazy, check him out more in depth wicked played, fell in love with his game as well, pushes him self very hard.

Thanks for the criticism as well buddy !

I'll have to educate myself a little better on him. I've only watched a little film on the guy and he seemed slow for my liking and it reminded me of Ray Edwards. It's good to hear his personality does not remotely resemble Ray Ray's tho ahah.

No way Randle falls to 3rd round and not a huge Datone Jones fan reminds me to much of Ray edwards plus we also have another 4 the rounder you left out

Randle is projected 3-4 he hasn't done any workouts and other players have risen, he is currently the 6-7 th best RB in the draft, good possibility he is their in the third. Jones is nothing like Ray Edwards, that is a ridicules comparison, he has strength and speed and doesn't give up on plays, is focused on the NFL and that's it.

as for the fourth rounder I didn't do comp picks till after their announced, we probably get a 4th and 7th

I'll have to educate myself a little better on him. I've only watched a little film on the guy and he seemed slow for my liking and it reminded me of Ray Edwards. It's good to hear his personality does not remotely resemble Ray Ray's tho ahah.

Yea, I really don't think that comparison is accurate, he is all football all the time, no underwear model stuff lol, is already light years better then Edwards, He wishes he had Jones' athleticism.

I really hope their draft doesn't go like this.

Why is that ? because RG is your top pick ? Jones is a pass rusher, Williams is a NT and we would sign a TE in free agency, Randle is a complete back. Please explain?

Edited by Adam3328

Why is that ? because RG is your top pick ? Jones is a pass rusher, Williams is a NT and we would sign a TE in free agency, Randle is a complete back. Please explain, better yet post your own mock so I can see what you would do ....

I have absolutely no idea what to expect out of Jones since he was put everywhere in UCLA's defense, but I wouldn't complain if we picked him up. The upside and motor are clearly there with him. I also would not complain about the Williams pick. However, I do not like Randle since he can't hold onto the ball and runs too upright which leaves him vulnerable to injuries, I don't know much about Gooden, I do not want Wagner on this team at all since he gets abused against competent pass rushers, and Fauria has a low motor and does not have good strength.

Just way too much boom/bust potential, most likely bust, in this draft for me to like.

I have absolutely no idea what to expect out of Jones since he was put everywhere in UCLA's defense, but I wouldn't complain if we picked him up. The upside and motor are clearly there with him. I also would not complain about the Williams pick. However, I do not like Randle since he can't hold onto the ball and runs too upright which leaves him vulnerable to injuries, I don't know much about Gooden, I do not want Wagner on this team at all since he gets abused against competent pass rushers, and Fauria has a low motor and does not have good strength.

Just way too much boom/bust potential, most likely bust, in this draft for me to like.

Agree on all counts except for Fauria. If we got him in the 7th, that is. Great value then. Still doesn't mean it's a bad draft. Randle could easily be swapped out for MANY different backs available in the 3rd like Gillislee.

Edited by Falcanuck

Nice.

Thank God someone who has taken Datone Jones > Okafor yep I like it

If Sylvester Williams wasn't there you could still look at a guy like Sammie Lee Hill in FA and then go back to the well to pick up a CB dependent on what they are doing with Grimes and Dunta this coming off season but overall I like this mock.

Nice.

Thank God someone who has taken Datone Jones > Okafor yep I like it

If Sylvester Williams wasn't there you could still look at a guy like Sammie Lee Hill in FA and then go back to the well to pick up a CB dependent on what they are doing with Grimes and Dunta this coming off season but overall I like this mock.

you know call me crazy, I've never heard of that Hill guy, im going to have to find some tape on him lol I know he's in the NFL but I've never heard of him.

As for Jones and Okafor, I'd be fine with either one at this point, but after watching videos upon videos of Jones I think he would be the best option at 30 and could develop into one of those guys who consistently gets 8-12 sacks a year. Solid three down lineman.

you know call me crazy, I've never heard of that Hill guy, im going to have to find some tape on him lol I know he's in the NFL but I've never heard of him.

As for Jones and Okafor, I'd be fine with either one at this point, but after watching videos upon videos of Jones I think he would be the best option at 30 and could develop into one of those guys who consistently gets 8-12 sacks a year. Solid three down lineman.

Hill was a samll school late round guy that went Detroit about 3-4 years ago has very good size goes about 6'3-6'6 ish 330 odd can line up as a NT in either a 34/43 type defense basically a run stuffer and because he's behind Suh and Fairley doesn't really get that many snaps.

Jones for me because of versatility you can line him up either side in a 4 man front inside even at DT on passing downs at 5 tech in a 3 man front and play him standing up rushing the passer aswell and he is relentless.I'd have him all day over the guy from Texas.

Edited by kiwifalcon

Hill is was a mid to late round guy that went Detroit about 2-3 years ago has very good size goes about 6'3-6'6 ish 330 odd can line up as a NT in either a 34/43 type defense basically a run stuffer and because he's behind Suh and Fairley doesn't really get that many snaps.

Jones for me because of versatility you can line him up either side in a 4 man front inside even at DT on passing downs at 5 tech in a 3 man front and play him standing up rushing the passer aswell and he is relentless.I'd have him all day over the guy from Texas.

Hill is was a mid to late round guy that went Detroit about 2-3 years ago has very good size goes about 6'3-6'6 ish 330 odd can line up as a NT in either a 34/43 type defense basically a run stuffer and because he's behind Suh and Fairley doesn't really get that many snaps.

Yea that's what I seen about Jones incredibly athletic and doesn't give up, chases runningback and receivers down from behind. I'd love to have him here and if he puts on that size he will be a dominate force with that speed!

I like it! I like how you address the defensive line with the first two picks. I think we really need a bigger DT, not just smaller quicker DTs. And obviously we need a DE to help take some pressure off of Abe and hopefully Jones can provide that.

Just curious, how do you see the offensive line shaking out to start the season?

Also, what about PR/KR? I see a lot of people are putting a faster WR or DB in their mocks that can handle return duties as well. Who do you see returning kicks and punts next year?