This Is My Second Mock I Called It My Pre Combine One

Adam25

Pre-combine Mock Draft 2.0

1st Round - DE Datone Jones UCLA 6’4 280 Lbs

6620338.jpg

• This guy improved his draft stock at the senior bowl making him a late first early second guy. He has tremendous strength and is currently working on bringing more weapons to his pass rush, he also said he wants to put an additional 10-15 pounds like JJ Watt did to become more dominate and more powerful. This guy has good speed, and just might have the best get off when it comes to putting his hand in the ground and going, he can line up anywhere on the D line and can get solid push. This is the type of DE that we need, a guy that can be a force on the edge but can set the tone in the middle. He is also stout versus the run and chases down tacklers, very smart and has a constant motor, he always wants to stride to be better, this is the type of player we need to have on this team.

2nd Round - DT Sylvester Williams North Carolina 6’3 315 Lbs

• Sylvester Williams is a big solid disruptive DT that gets solid push on the guards and on the center constantly. The biggest nack on this guy is that he gets caught getting stood up straight and doesn’t keep low, this is obviously coachable and will likely be fixed at the next level. He can come in and play the NT technique in the 3-4 and DT in the 4-3 I think this guy can come in and be an instant start next to Babineux in the middle. He had a good senior bowl week and had solid push constantly. DT in the second helps out our pass rush instantly getting pressure up the middle so the QB can’t step into his throws. With the Addition of Jones and Williams this gives us a way better D line and gets Abraham free from double teams.

3rd Round – RB Joseph Randle Oklahoma State 6’0 210 Lbs

• This guy is my favorite RB prospect in the draft. Has speed, size and can catch the ball out of the backfield, if you watch tape on Oklahoma state Randle does a lot of what our offense would ask of our runningbacks, the designed screen out of the shotgun just for him to get the ball in space, his long runs are because of his break tackle ability, he can make safeties, linebackers miss in space and is tough to bring down, he also isn’t afraid of lowering the shoulder to get the yards needed. He instantly comes in and starts at runningback and doesn’t look back.

4th Round – OLB Zavier Gooden Missouri 6’2 230 Lbs

• I came across this guy by my good buddy Falcon90, I watched a ton of tape and the tape that I could find and he wowed my on a lot of plays, he has good size at 6’3 and has really good speed. He comes in and presses Stephen Nicholas for the starting job and possibly over takes it. He can cover TE’s and runningbacks but he can also rush the passer to an extent. With his frame he could add 10 pounds and still have the speed to be the player he is. He also continues the theme of bringing in a Missouri player ever year.

5th Round – OT/OG Ricky Wagner Wisconsin 6’6 310 Lbs

• Another big hoss from Wisconsin, played a little OG but was asked to play RT, he’s a big strong player who gets a solid punch and excels in pass blocking. Can come in and develop behind our offensive line and maybe push a starting spot this year unless our O line steps and becomes the line we need it to be this year.

6th Round- WR Chris Harper Kansas State 6’1 220 Lbs

• Harper is a big physical WR with great hands, he didn’t really get a shot a Kansas as Klein was a running threat more than a throwing one. Harper can come in and contribute as our fourth receiver and help in the running games as he’s a solid run blocker, perfect for our offense.

7th Round – TE Joseph Fauria UCLA 6’7 256 Lbs

• Big physical TE that can come in and develop, still is pretty raw but can learn and probably contribute on some key red zone situations. Has good hands and catches the ball well with his hands.

As you see I don’t believe offensive line is a big need, I think we retain Baker and Reynolds. TE in the last round is a move to develop him, like I said he is very raw, but can contribute in the redzone. The reason why I didn’t pick one earlier is because I think we will sign one of Martellus Bennett, Dustin Keller, Fred Davis, Jared Cook or Dennis Pitta, that’s if Tony Gonzalez doesn’t come back, obviously one of those guys will be the starter from day one. I think from this draft we land 3-4 starters right off the bat to help contribute to our defense and offense. I really believe this type of draft gives us a ton more options on defense and more on offense as well.

Of course criticism is welcome, and I’d love to discuss anything you have on my draft, Thanks for checking it out!

I like the idea of signing someone like Davis or Keller to a one year deal to let them rebuild their value for next year and drafting a te I the mid rounds or later. Fauria is definitely an interesting prospect.

I agree completely, it seems like a scenario that could happen, Atlanta is a place were players want to play because of the constant playoff births. I think this could benefit us here.

Strong draft. 3 of first 4 picks improving the front 7 on D. Love it. What would you add if we had an extra 4th rd compensatory pick?

Also, did fauria kill someone this week? I thought he was a 3-5 round guy???

I think it has something too do with the depth at the TE spot in this draft and guys stepping up in the senior bowl.

Strong draft. 3 of first 4 picks improving the front 7 on D. Love it. What would you add if we had an extra 4th rd compensatory pick?

Also, did fauria kill someone this week? I thought he was a 3-5 round guy???

Haha that's too funny, I think exactly what falcon90 said, just depth at the position and depth at other positions put him down the list, make no mistake he could go earlier than this. If I had the extra fourth I think it would go to a DE that we could get or possibly a CB/S if their was a solid prospect, I know we get a 4th and 7th comp for lofton and weems, I just didn't put it in till it was official. I appreciate you liking my draft btw, I really think we go defense heavy in the top of the draft with runningback coming in the fourth or third round.