Why Are You A Falcons Fan?

BrandonDell_

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(Jan? 1966) I was working in KY and a Friend showed me the sports section of the Louisville paper that said Atlanta had been granted an NFL franchise.

I've been a fan since that day.

I Have no real connection to Atlanta but I am a Georgian.

Edited by delaigle

I grew up in north Atlanta. I am a Braves, Falcons and Alabama fan. My dad grew up in Alabama, and this explains the Alabama fandome. I grew up watching my pro sports at Atlanta Fulton County Stadium. I can still remember the excitement of buying upperdeck tickets and walking down to the field because the stadium was so empty. to make this short, I love Atlanta sports. I do not really enjoy the NBA, but I do root for the Hawks. I don't enjoy hockey, but did cheer for the Thrashers while they were here.

Guest King Jigsaw

Besides living in Georgia, I grew up with Red and Black as my two favorite colors. Saw a Falcons game, they wore Red and Black and it was a done deal.

Of course, I've grown up and found more legitimate reasons to support the Birds, but I truly believe that was what got me started on them.

"Why are you a Falcons fan?" --Because I like the abuse.

But no really, during the 1998 season people around my part of GA were really catching on. I remember being at recess in elementary school seeing who could do the Dirty Bird the best lol. Rode that all the way to the Super Bowl. Most of us from recess are now die-hard Falcons fans...

Been a fan since 78 and this team has become a part of who I am. My family, friends and coworkers would all say if asked, he loves those Falcons! I'm still disappointed in how the season ended but believe me this is much much better than where we've been and those on the AFMB that have been fans even longer than I can certainly attest. I feel it in my gut that this regime and this QB will get us that Lombardi. GO FALCONS!!!!

The falcons became my team in 2001 (i was 12 then) when they drafted mike vick being from VA I support all VA pro athletes because we dont have a sports team. Growing up the redskins sucked so its not many early 20s redskins fans here. My dad was born in atlanta & his team was the falcons & most fans are groomed to like certain teams from childhood. Before anyone says bandwagon ok but I didn't play football until I was 14, (vick is the reason i began playing football) didn't watch it really until the Super Bowl the falcons went to in 98 & basketball was #1 sport in 90s. But now I'm glad to say im a diehard falcons fan & have been since Matt has been here. Wasn't sold on him at 1st but after his 1st pro pass I bought into what he was selling.

I was only eight(1998) at the time and I wanted to find a team of my own because like mostly everyone I knew I was a bandwaggon Cowboys fan and also being from Chester,Pennsylvania which is right outside Philadelphia there are alot of Eagles fans were I live and I wanted to have my own team to root for then I saw Jamal Anderson on tv doing the Dirty Bird and I thought that was pretty cool and at that age I really didn't understand what I do now about football so basically I became a fan because of that dance but when we drafted Mike Vick that just cemented me as a Falcons fan and I've been a diehard fan ever since.

Edited by DirtyBirdInThe610