A Draft/offseason With A 3-4 Focus

bigjmw84

John phillips TE

Larry Grant LB

Sammie lee Hill DT

Trade 1st to Mia for #42 & Jarred Odrick. He would be an ideal 3-4 end as well as a stout 4-3 DT. Mia plans on resigning starks and resigned paul soliai last year. Odrick has 2 yrs left on his deal and would help us transition from Babs who will be on his way out by then.

2nd:Margus Hunt

2nd:Travis Fredrick

3rd:Cory Lemonier

4th:Spencer Ware

5th:JJ Wilcox

6th:Rod Sweeting

7th:Zac Stacy

Mike Smith was huge on Odrick the year we got spoon. Mia has a lot of money invested in their DT group already. He would be perfect for us because we could have Odrick and Babs as bookends in the 3-4 or rotate them with SLH in 4-3 sets. Its not like he's been a bust. He is a young early round impact player who will make less than Jerry for the next 2 seasons.

Mike Smith was huge on Odrick the year we got spoon. Mia has a lot of money invested in their DT group already. He would be perfect for us because we could have Odrick and Babs as bookends in the 3-4 or rotate them with SLH in 4-3 sets. Its not like he's been a bust. He is a young early round impact player who will make less than Jerry for the next 2 seasons.

I really do not understand why Miami wants to move Odrick. Odrick was a BEAST 4-3 DT at Penn State, and they are moving him to a 4-3. He was unspectacular in their 3-4......and now they've decided they want to move on right when they are going back to his natural position? Seems ********.

Would be happy to have him, but I doubt they move him. And yeah, I would move back from #30 to #42 and also get Odrick on a cheap rookie deal. He's a great DT for us next to Babs, and a good strongside 3-4 DE. And that's practically for nothing. I don't think we'll be missing anything in those 14 picks that we'll be targeting (DE/CB). The top DEs and CBs will be gone. Unless Xavier Rhodes is still available (doubtful), we can move back and target a CB like Trufant or Slay. Or maybe we add Tank Carradine there.

John phillips TE

Larry Grant LB

Sammie lee Hill DT

Trade 1st to Mia for #42 & Jarred Odrick. He would be an ideal 3-4 end as well as a stout 4-3 DT. Mia plans on resigning starks and resigned paul soliai last year. Odrick has 2 yrs left on his deal and would help us transition from Babs who will be on his way out by then.

2nd:Margus Hunt

2nd:Travis Fredrick

3rd:Cory Lemonier

4th:Spencer Ware

5th:JJ Wilcox

6th:Rod Sweeting

7th:Zac Stacy

dude, he said odrick and the 42nd pick, it's not odrick straight up for a first. not even rich mckay's sorry azz would do that.

I really do not understand why Miami wants to move Odrick. Odrick was a BEAST 4-3 DT at Penn State, and they are moving him to a 4-3. He was unspectacular in their 3-4......and now they've decided they want to move on right when they are going back to his natural position? Seems ********.

Would be happy to have him, but I doubt they move him. And yeah, I would move back from #30 to #42 and also get Odrick on a cheap rookie deal. He's a great DT for us next to Babs, and a good strongside 3-4 DE. And that's practically for nothing. I don't think we'll be missing anything in those 14 picks that we'll be targeting (DE/CB). The top DEs and CBs will be gone. Unless Xavier Rhodes is still available (doubtful), we can move back and target a CB like Trufant or Slay. Or maybe we add Tank Carradine there.

With Starks and Soliai entrenched as the clear starters at DT and the scheme change(4-3) he becomes leverage piece to fill positions of need for them. They are in real need for a 4-3 LDE, WR, and CB. If they go secondary w/#12to fill the void for Vonte Davis, a trade with us would help them get a guy like Okafor who would fill one of their needs while solidifying one of ours with Odrick. He is set to make 700,00 for the next two seasons. ****...Jerry is making more than that...tragic