Seems Like Everyone Here Has A Different Idea What This Team Needs.

J-Wall

First off let me say I haven't missed a game in almost 10yrs. And this is the best team ATL has ever had. Best coaches,QB,GM and owner. We as fans haven't been this excited ever. We are a top 5 team in all of the nfl. I know what we need to do to get better. Just always curious where and why people say the things they do.

What i thikn the team needs....

1 Veteran DT, im sorry but Jelly left a sour taste in my mouth

2 young DE. JA98 left a sour taste in my mouth as well but DE is a higher profile pick in the draft... great/good DE are a dime a dozen

3 RB turner served his purpose now lets get a good "balanced" rb

4 TE. i know Tg will come back but i dont think we should draft one... every year there is at least 2 Top college Te in the draft that people say we should get in the 1st round

5 a wr/kr Weems left a huge hole that needed to be addressed and it wasnt we really need to address this, this year

It's like most things in life: It's subjective. It's like different people can look at the same painting and get different meanings from it, hear the same song and get a different meaning....etc..etc....

I'm definitely Old School....I believe that you have to be strong and as dominant as possible with your personnel along both lines....

When I look at the Falcons I see 2 average lines....Build the lines up and this becomes a more dominant team.

Other people seem to think that with really superior skill players in key positions (QB, RB, WR on offense.....MLB, OLB, CB, S on defense) you can do fine without a dominant line.

Doesn't mean either side is right.....even though I am.

biggrin.png

What i thikn the team needs....

1 Veteran DT, im sorry but Jelly left a sour taste in my mouth

2 young DE. JA98 left a sour taste in my mouth as well but DE is a higher profile pick in the draft... great/good DE are a dime a dozen

3 RB turner served his purpose now lets get a good "balanced" rb

4 TE. i know Tg will come back but i dont think we should draft one... every year there is at least 2 Top college Te in the draft that people say we should get in the 1st round

5 a wr/kr Weems left a huge hole that needed to be addressed and it wasnt we really need to address this, this year

why are you letting everyone on your mouth to begin with LOL jk

Top tier rb and DE and I think we're solid. Of course we need to replace older players like Mike P, TG, and McClure (Konz already gonna take over C). I'd like to see Pat Schiller get a shot

Add DT to that list. I think we have OL on roster to field a good unit unless someone drops. I really want a vet DE and DT FA added. At #30 it's a real Crapshoot to get an impact rookie DE.

I'd also like to add a LB who's good at coverage to that list. That can be found in 3rd and below IMO

there's really no what we need, we obviously have the pieces in place to be a successful team year after year. this year we saw new coordinators come in with the same pieces from last season & do some exciting things. the only position that showed no improvement was the defensive line. so it may just be as simple as getting a new defensive line coach. of course we've got older players that need to be replaced but overall I trust that our new coaches will get the job done

Guest King Jigsaw

People complaining about how hard it is to pick at 30 need to get used to it. It's the price you pay for being good, which I think this team can be as long as guys like Ryan and Julio are there. We need to get better about finding talent in the later rounds and late in those rounds.

So far I've heard #1 priority is:

DE, DT, CB, OLB, MLB, FS

RB, TE, RG, LT, WR

PR/KR

I just think that's an awful lot of needs for a team that was 1 play away from the SB

Check out the roster that was "one play away from the SB". Many of those positions will feature a retirement (TE), position change (RG>C) or release (CB, RB, DT, DE, OLB). creating an opening.

Means we have lots of needs.

Or, we don't have a big glaring need so everyone is trying to figure out the best approach to get the most out of the draft.

That said, I'd say our biggest weakness is pass rush and that's what should be addresses, but I'll leave it up to the paid professionals (and you internet GM's can chime in as well) to determine how best to do it.

Anything in the front 7 is ok with me and I think that's what most people think. Only idiotic transplant fans want a tight end.

Some people see keeping the Offense as explosive as possible as the best way to get back to (or beyond) where we were last year, doesn't mean they are wrong, just that they have a differing view of how to get there then others.

Check out the roster that was "one play away from the SB". Many of those positions will feature a retirement (TE), position change (RG>C) or release (CB, RB, DT, DE, OLB). creating an opening.

Just reporting what I've heard (read) on this board. AS I've heard (read) the below

TE --roll with Palmer/Coffman

OLB give Schiller a shot

Konz to center Reynolds back to RG

DT Get Big Robertson is there

CB resign Grimes

DE Massaquoi

RB well OK but go with Snelling and Rodgers and get a scatback or Get (pick a name)

Edited by delaigle

Anything in the front 7 is ok with me and I think that's what most people think. Only idiotic transplant fans want a tight end.

Transplant fans?huh.png

I don't think we need a TE, just someone who can work and stretch the middle of the field. I honestly think the people who are screaming for Tony's replacement have no faith in Ryan progressing w/o his "security blanket." Acting like the whole offense is just gonna fall apart or something...

Transplant fans?huh.png

I don't think we need a TE, just someone who can work and stretch the middle of the field. I honestly think the people who are screaming for Tony's replacement have no faith in Ryan progressing w/o his "security blanket." Acting like the whole offense is just gonna fall apart or something...

Most remember that Ryan went 11-5 in 08 without Gonzales

It's like most things in life: It's subjective. It's like different people can look at the same painting and get different meanings from it, hear the same song and get a different meaning....etc..etc....

I'm definitely Old School....I believe that you have to be strong and as dominant as possible with your personnel along both lines....

When I look at the Falcons I see 2 average lines....Build the lines up and this becomes a more dominant team.

Other people seem to think that with really superior skill players in key positions (QB, RB, WR on offense.....MLB, OLB, CB, S on defense) you can do fine without a dominant line.

Doesn't mean either side is right.....even though I am.

biggrin.png

I'm seeing pretty much the same thing you are. Even though the OL played very well in the playoffs, they are still average at best. Fix the lines on both sides of the ball and you fix a lot of the other problems that it seems like we have.

The one other spot though where I believe we have a real weakness is at LB. Nicholas is a liability. Dent played better than I expected, but still average at best. We really need to improve the corps. IF we could get better quality starters there, Dent & Nicholas would make excellent backups.

If we are going to win the super bowl next year I have two options 1st with TG go get either Paul Krueger or cliff avril cut Turner trade HD & Drob for picks bring back Grimes and sign Fa running back either Bradshaw or Jackson just off strength experience more in Bradshaw two rings Draft eifert then the rest of the picks defense for the next two years

2nd option w/o tg Cut Turner Grimes Abe trade dunta and hd Sign Krueger or Avril or Vanden Bosch or Osi as de..maybe two if no Abe Sign Hill or Dorsey as dt..either one next to Babs or Peters monster line... Move McClain to nickel and look at Rolando McClain from the raiders cheap young linebacker Trade down 1st round for two 2nd,3rd,4th get extra 6th and 7th rd picks for trading Drob,HD, & possibly Michael Turner.....and this option all depends on if TG didn't return and we cut Abe...

Now with the picks:

2nd: eifert (te) and kawann short(dl)

3rd: top corner and top (rb) Taylor or Lacy

4th: top olb and top (NT)

5th:tyrann mathieu(ST)

6th:ol and wr

7th: lb and lb