The Official Rob Ryan Thread

Kevo

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i posted this in the other thread so ill just copy it here.

He is a great hire for Saints.

I dont know how Saints fans can hate this hire. They wanted to swith to a 3-4. But more than that they learned last season it takes a certain attitude and type of coach to keep from losing the locker room.

Ryan is the perfect type coach to replace Williams but fits perfect with what Payton and crew wanna accomplish.

He might not have been everyone first choice. But of you look at how he fits into the team of coaching personality wise. He is probably the best choice. Now he doesnt have Jones and garret either. I think Loomis and Payton are way smarter. Except for the fact the Saints dont have much money to play with in getting him any extra peices to fit a new scheme this season.

Edited by danight

I'm on the wait and see side of this hire. On one hand it looks to be a good hire because he does run an aggressive 3-4 scheme, but on the other hand the vision of players running free across the middle of the field while he was in Dallas is still in my head. I do feel that any improvement on D will do wonders for this team, and I'm hoping they can't get any worse.

I'm on the wait and see side of this hire. On one hand it looks to be a good hire because he does run an aggressive 3-4 scheme, but on the other hand the vision of players running free across the middle of the field while he was in Dallas is still in my head. I do feel that any improvement on D will do wonders for this team, and I'm hoping they can't get any worse.

Anything, and I do mean ANYTHING, would be an improvement over that defensive still-born last year.

The players didn't understand or by into Spags' system and it was obvious. But with the NFL history's WORST defense, no head coach, an interim head coach and an interim interim head coach, we won 7 games and were in pretty much every other one. With Payton back and a new DC, we should be a threat this season.

It'd be Darren Sharper: part deux. I hold no hope that his price will ever be right, but a fan can dreeeeeeeeeeeam

Since your dreaming why not get spoon and grimes as well and grimes. best way to make the Saints contenders is make them falcons deux.0

boooyahhhhh

Reed went to East St. John High School in LaPlace. Local boy for sure.

Ryan will do just fine. He will need 2 years to get it installed and effective because of the constrants of the salary cap. But I won't be at all surprised to see a few pieces arrive in the coming months. Loomis will find the room for that.

Ryan's defensive rankings since 2004:

Team Year Ranking

Cleveland 2004 15th

" " 2005 16th

" " 2006 27th

" " 2007 30th

" " 2008 26th

Oakland 2009 26th

" " 2010 11th

Dallas 2011 14th

" " 2012 19th

Saints defensive ranking the year we won the Super Bowl: 25th

Ryan wasn't my first choice for defensive coordinator....but,as I've said before,if he can get us to the middle of the pack defensively we can be very dangerous.

I hate it. Rob Ryan can competently coach a defense into at least mid tier, but probably better. He has the perfect mentality for the Saints team on defense. Paired with Payton and free from J Jones, Ryan is going to kick the Saints into high gear.

with their offense, he's going to be free to get REAL aggressive, which is what I think he excells at. It would not surprise me if the saints go 14-2; 15-1 and easily take the division. It would not surprise me to see them in the SB again, and that's just the truth. Ever since Payton and Brees have come together there, the Saints have only been a competent defense away from being the absolute best team in the league (throw up a little).

I think they have that now

Edited by Falconcheff