My Mock Draft/off Season Moves

THE ICEMAN

I'll Start with FA

DE/OLB - Paul Kruger - I think Kruger is one of those guy you can depend on for at least 7-8 sacks from on a down year.And 10+ sacks if he surrounded by good players to get 1on 1 match ups. And can play OLB or DE.

My sleeper

DT/NT - Arthur Jones - He is a restricted free Agent but with Flacco and Reed due new deals they may let Arthur Jones go and I think he could finally give some consistently next to babs and may shock some with his pass rushing skills as well.Glen Dorsey,Chris Canty and Richard Seymore would also be big upgrades if not Jones.

I could go on and on filling in upgrades on offense and defense in Free Agency but I'll stop there. And I do think we keep William Moore.But also feel changes are coming just like they did last year because as this defense is constructed I'm not even sure they could duplicate what they did last year.

As far as cuts go Turner and Robinson have to be gone if we want to sign any body and keep our own. And I could even see Babs and Abe beening cut to. If TD wants to become younger and more athletic and i don't think it be a good move but a guy like Michael Johnson would make Abe expendable as Abe at this point in his career is a pass rusher only and plays limited snaps and does have a pretty big cap number.

Draft

Trade - we trade next years 1st and this Years 4th to move up high in the 2nd to add another impact player as were so close.

1st -DE - Alex Okafor - My take on Okafor is he'll be a good boarder line pro bowl type player not great or considered elite but just a good solid pro that can get you 8-11 sacks. Really kind of reminds me of a better more athletic Cam Jordon from NO's

(Traded for)

2nd - TE - Tyler Eifert - really a lot to give up for a TE but I think this offense won't even be close to the same if a talented receiving threat isn't signed or drafted to fill the void left by TG if he retires. Say what you want but TG had over 100 catches and 1000 yards last year younjust can't take that away and expect to be the same type offense and in this offense with Jones and White on the outside Eifert may even be more of a dangerous option than TG was. And I would also be OK with Ertz here as well.And if not Eifert of Ertz I'd still like the move to snag a OG,DT or DE

2nd - DE/OLB - Corey Lemonier - He is probably a better pass rusher than Okafor but not as complete a player as Okafor. And we'd use him kind of like Seattle use Bruce Irvin this pass year he comes in on passing downs.

3rd - OLB - Sio Moore - Its a hand full of guys you could choose here at OLB I just think Moore can be a pretty good player and had a really productive year

4th - RB - Marcus Lattimore - Problem with this pick is I'm not so sure Lattimore will still be here late in the 4th. But if he needed the whole season to recover I'm feel pretty good with Quizz and Snelling all year and Lattimore hopefully coming back late if he's a hard worker he could come back and change the way teams have to defend him and Quizz

5th - DT - Brandon Williams - Likely to rise up boards but a pretty productive player in collage with lot of upside.

6th. - WR - Tarvarres King - Walter football has him ranked between rounds 5-7 I think he's long gone by now but for sh!ts and giggles I mock him here.

7th ?????? Fill it in guys I'm not a huge collage guy so I don't watch the small school guys because this is were you can get steals later in the draft I'd say 5th and on if you have good scouts.

Edited by joe 1982

i'd love to have Kruger. I don't think he will get away from Baltimore though, he is a beast.

Don't really want to trade next years first away to get a TE though.

I really think in this draft you are going to see TD trying to add 3-4 pieces

It doesn't have to be a TE but still think TD should try to add a 2nd this year with what we already have as we're so close

You lost me at Okafor being a border line pro-bowl player.hahahahaha the guy hasn't taken 1 pro snap and you have him as fore mentioned.

8-11 sacks your dreaming maybe on a d-line that has dominant guys inside but yeah good luck with that prediction.I'm just not that high on this guy and I don't no why alot on here are.

I'd take a more versatile Datone Jones over Okafor every day past Sunday and especially in the defense we use we need guys who can play with there hands in the dirt and standing up I just see Okafor as a base LDE.

I like the later picks of Tavares King and Brandon Williams both have good upside for late round picks.

FA well I'd take a run stuffing young guy like Sammie Lee Hill the guys you mention maybe better but I believe Hill gives better value at a cheaper price and will do the same job.

I think you are really close with the idea on trading back into the second round. I don't see us giving up next years first though. Trading back into the mid second will take our second and fourth. We still have a fourth comp. I can see us addressing defense mostly. Linebacker and dt. I do think we take a rb with our third though, but most assuredly not Latimore.

I would love kruger, but the ravens won't let him go. Don't care about the RB pick, he's too injury prone.

They might not have a choice. Their GM already said the only player that will get the tag is Flacco and they are really cap strapped. I think it is pretty unlikely he ends up in Baltimore next year. They will roll with Suggs and Upshaw at OLB.

Edited by Cam Topdrew Bottom

I am pasting a reply of mine in another discussion here because most of the same points and beliefs of mine still apply to this as well but keep in mind this is a reply to "G-Dawg" in another convo when reading because obviously some objections and suggestions wont pertain to your perdictions.

-And as a 7th rounder I would suggest Kevin Koger, he is a Michigan Wolverine(#goblue) grad that was a defensive captain(granted a lousy defense) who had entered in last years draft but suffered an ankle injury early into the combines that would have made him sit for a season. At Michigan he was an impact player on special teams and the most productive and consistent player in their entire front seven. Though the recommendation is biased do to the fact that we went to high school together the statistics and possibilities are potentially in order. If he gets media attention do to his situation expect him gone far earlier. But if he flies under the radar he would be a perfect 7th rounder or undrafted free agent for atlanta #riseup

If the depth on defense is build by the 7th take a QB, move Davis to #2 and keep healthy competition around to make him a solid and reliable #2, a good preseason doesn't mean I wouldn't sweat if Ryan goes down.

I agree with the mock in the sense of prioritizing, but as far as over all scout detail and cap accommodation I'm a skeptic. Keep in mind TD is and outstandingly efficient businessman when taking into consideration the money he throws about(the argument of the Ray Edwards bust can be trumped with achievements like the Asante"duece duece"Samual catch). He is very specific about what attributes and intangibles are what he believes to be most vital in an individual. Which shows throughout his Atlanta arrival in Matty ice, to as recent as his pride and joy Julio. When the passive/modest suggestions of mike Smith meet with the aggressive new coordinators Nolan and Koeter's suggestions, TD's natural instinct will click. He might make a single quick splash in free agency(including the re-signing of his own) but then he will retreat and focus solely on the draft. FA's might add a must needed plug for a season or two if need-be but drafts build teams and TD knows it. With the draft wounds healed from the Julio trade, expect TD to make some very decisive and most importantly "unexpected but magnificent" draft moves and picks, he has been planning this draft since the day after giving Julio a uniform. G-Dawg my initial assumption is that you are familiar with comrades abilities and that's why you assume him to trade the late 1st rounder, which seems fitting. There are plenty of franchises frantically trying to re-build organizations, so I expect TD to take advantage of the new GMs of the league and their exitement. My guess is he knows exactly what it is he is going to do, exactly when he will do it, and whom with. With Dimitroth dealing with his divorce he might be able to do it at a faster pace than he planned. If I'm comfortable with anything about this team it's the philosophies that they take into consideration with everything they do. Expect a jaw-dropping successful off-season, making the already highly anticipated 2013 season to be even more addicting.

They might not have a choice. Their GM already said the only player that will get the tag is Flacco and they are really cap strapped. I think it is pretty unlikely he ends up in Baltimore next year. They will roll with Suggs and Upshaw at OLB.

I'd love Kruger, but he's young so they'd likely love to keep him over their older players, and add to that how other teams can pay more than us...I don't like our chances. I really want us to make a bit of noise in FA this year, not much, but a couple bigger signings...but when you take into account our own players that need resigned, it's not likely.

Edited by TuggIe2

Guest Negatorris

Firstly, Eifert won't be around high in the 2nd and we don't need a TE. Gonzo will come back in my opinion. Williams is going to be long gone before the 5th. That's a pipe dream. Same with King, he'll be long gone before the 6th. Also, we wouldn't trade next year's 1st and another pick for a 2nd rounder. It just doesn't make much sense(I know, because I made that mistake before).

I would love kruger, but the ravens won't let him go. Don't care about the RB pick, he's too injury prone.

The Ravens most likely will let him walk. They have to pay Flacco, and they have a bunch of other players to worry about. Most people, including Ravens fans think his time is up. The only way he stays in Baltimore is if he takes the hometown discount. And I don't see him doing that since he just logged in 13.5 sacks this year. Nobody is really expecting the Ravens to keep Kruger. They just can't afford it.

If we are going to won the super bowl next year I have two options 1st with TG go get either Paul Krueger or cliff avril cut Turner trade HD RESTRUCTURE Drob bring back Grimes and sign Fa running back either Bradshaw or Jackson just off strength experience more in Bradshaw two rings Draft eifert future rb and the rest of the picks defense for the next two years

2nd option w/o tg Cut Turner Abe trade dunta and hd Sign Krueger/Avril and/or kvb/osi Sign Hill and Bradshaw Move McClain to nickel and look at Rolando McClain from the raiders cheap young linebacker Trade down 1st round for two second round Get eifert and top Corner on board Stephan Taylor or lacy 3rd round And the rest of the picks and next year picks On defense