Johnathan Franklin In The 3Rd

My favorite back coming out of college this year, thought for sure he'd be a mid-high second rounder, so I didn't bother looking...until now. After looking at several draft sites, they have him as a mid third to late fourth rounder. Unbelievable. We should definitely take him in the third if he's still there, and I'm almost considering trading up a tad if we have to. Don't want to take an RB in the second or first, but this guy is the best RB in the draft. I compare him to Frank Gore and Ray Rice, if I have to make a comparison in the first place. He can do everything.

Last year, I wanted Doug Martin (went before I thought he would though), year before that I thought Jacquizz would be a good back down the line (he is)...Quizz and Franklin in our backfield is dangerous.

But seriously. This guy runs over people, has blazing breakaway speed, can catch out of the backfield, is a high character guy, and his balance...man. I want him in the third. Bring him home, TD.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to draft Franklin. He is a very versatile.

I'm hoping for this:

1st: G Larry Warford

2nd: DT Brandon Williams

3rd: RB Johnathan Franklin

4th: DE Devin Taylor

4th: WR Taverres King

5th: ILB Vince Williams

6th: QB Zach Rodgers

7th: OLB Cameron Lawrence

7th: DT Quinton Dial

I like the look of this, but would prefer a trade down if Warford was pick #1, as I think he goes somewhere in between our 1st and 2nd. Also Zach Rodgers is a waste. Not a good QB AT ALL.

I would definitely take him. He and Gillislee are my favorites in the draft.

Same here, although I'd also have Lonnie Pryor on that short list. Stepfan Taylor has impressed me at times as well. Eddie Lacy's a pipe dream and we can get better value...Franklin remains my favorite.

He's not to bad. He is probably my 8th to 10th ranked Rb in this draft.

Lattimore - If healthy #1 easily if not i would still take him as the 5th or so RB off potential still.

Bernard

Lacy

Randle

Michaels

Gillislee

Taylor

Ellintgon

Ball

Franklin

With Lattimore the "if" is huge, and not worth more than a fifth round pick because of it...I love the guy, but he's too big of a risk considering our need for a RB. Bernard isn't worth it, probably the 5th or 6th best in the draft. Lacy's my favorite behind Franklin but he's going to be a first/high second rounder. Randle is teeny and won't translate well to the NFL whereas Michaels is injury prone as heck. Gillislee is worth a look, 3rd favorite for me. Ellington never stood out. Ball is good but would be a reach. Taylor's impressed me, wouldn't mind if we take a flier on him in the fifth or even with our comp 4th if my other homies aren't on the board.

Something else of note - most of the other RBs in the early rounds have a good O-Line around them, or at least one with a couple guys going in the draft. Not Franklin. His line was pretty mediocre to terrible for the most part, and only one of his offensive line (a tackle) even grades out above a UDFA - in the 6th/7th round. That's it. He's working with hardly anything and producing a lot.

Something else of note - most of the other RBs in the early rounds have a good O-Line around them, or at least one with a couple guys going in the draft. Not Franklin. His line was pretty mediocre to terrible for the most part, and only one of his offensive line (a tackle) even grades out above a UDFA - in the 6th/7th round. That's it. He's working with hardly anything and producing a lot.

I like this. That is one of fears about Lacy. I know he isn't Ingram but its so hard to judge the RBs from Alabama proplerly because of that monster line. I love Richardson though and he is a beast. You can never truly tell I guess. Although I guess I didn't like Ingram even before he took a snap in NOLA.

Guest Negatorris

That's the only real negative I've seen in the scouting reports and draft profiles. He has a mild case of the butterfingers.

If that's the case, TD will be reluctant to pull the trigger.

He's not to bad. He is probably my 8th to 10th ranked Rb in this draft.

Lattimore - If healthy #1 easily if not i would still take him as the 5th or so RB off potential still.

Bernard

Lacy

Randle

Michaels

Gillislee

Taylor

Ellintgon

Ball

Franklin

Lattimore might not even be drafted.

How often does he fumble?

That's the only real knock on his game. And he's been working to improve it. He had 21 fumbles in his first three seasons...just one this senior year, now that he had Mora coaching him up. At least, I believe it's one, if someone can prove me wrong that'd be great but I can't find the stats and I'm just going off what I saw this year.