De

xSICKxWITHxITx

Lions GM Martin Mayhew agrees that free agent Cliff Avril is capable of fitting any defensive scheme.

Some 4-3 ends can't play in a 3-4. Some 3-4 linebackers can't play in a 4-3. But Avril is "scheme versatile," and that's going to pay dividends on the open market because everyone will want him. "He's a very good athlete," Mayhew said. "He could probably stand up, he could play right end, he could play left end. He could do a lot of different things, I think. He's a very talented guy, and I think he's got a lot of versatility."

Free agent OLB Paul Kruger amassed just 1.5 sacks in six games ahead of Terrell Suggs' 2012 return from Achilles' surgery, before closing out the season with 7.5 sacks across the final eight games with Suggs in the lineup.

Kruger also had 4.5 sacks in Baltimore's four playoff wins, all with Suggs aligned opposite him. It's worth debating whether Kruger's production was at least partially a product of Suggs commanding increased defensive attention. We fully expect 26-year-old Kruger to command a massive free-agent deal, but the sack statistics suggest he's more of a complementary than franchise pass rusher.

This whole getting sacks because of someone else on your team thing is really out of control on these boards. Ray Edwards was facing RTs 1 v 1 here just like he was in Minny. The difference was he was winning those 1 v 1's in Minny. Heck if you go back to his Minny tape he even fought threw a couple double teams to get a sack.

Now lets look at Kruger who apparently only picked up sacks because 50%(probably less than actually) of Suggs came back to the line up. I'll go over his playoff sacks as they are the most recent.

His first in the SB came on a play where he got an insane jump and roasted the Niners RT to the outside. He got to Kaep before he could even complete his drop. Suggs did nothing on the play, no extra attention paid to him or anything. I could have been Suggs on that play and it would have made no difference.

His second SB sack was a cheap one. Kaep went down at the end of the half when no one was open so that they could kick a FG. Kruger just happened to be the closest guy to him.

Now onto his game against Indy.

His first sack he bull rushed the RT right back into Luck and made a great play to swipe the ball out of Lucks hand. Sack fumble on a play where Suggs is taken out of the play by a TE.

His next is a half sack where he puts a great swim move to beat the RT clean and he helped finish Luck off. Suggs once again is completely out of the play getting single blocked.

His final sack is much like his first one in the Niners game. He gets a great jump, beats the RT to the outside and drops Luck at the top of his drop. Sizzle once again single blocked completely out of the play.

Now how is it that he is only getting sacks because of Suggs?

Guest Negatorris

I would love to land Kruger. He would take advantage of the general muggings Abe receives, plus this guy can come through during big games(as seen all post season). He's only 26 and still hasn't reached his ceiling. If I was TD, I'd make a serious run at him, because the Ravens might not be able to re-sign him even though he wants to stay in Baltimore. Then I'd draft Tank Carradine in the 2nd or 3rd. Tank is a beast who tore his ACL, but he's been training with the guys who helped AP recover, and are currently working with RG3. He's a 1st round talent that dropped because of that injury, but other than that he relatively stays healthy and he'd be a productive pass rusher. I was personally surprised Abe survived as long as he did last season without getting hurt, but I know that won't be the case every year. Tank would be a great guy to learn behind Abe, and he can come in and take over if Abe gets hurt.

He'll also eventually be his replacement. I see him coming back 100% and showing scouts that his injury didn't cause his talent level to suffer. Carradine and Kruger would instantly make our edge rush extremely better, and if we can somehow snag a strong DT, we should be much improved up front. TD has got to be aggressive this offseason.

This whole getting sacks because of someone else on your team thing is really out of control on these boards. Ray Edwards was facing RTs 1 v 1 here just like he was in Minny. The difference was he was winning those 1 v 1's in Minny. Heck if you go back to his Minny tape he even fought threw a couple double teams to get a sack.

Now lets look at Kruger who apparently only picked up sacks because 50%(probably less than actually) of Suggs came back to the line up. I'll go over his playoff sacks as they are the most recent.

His first in the SB came on a play where he got an insane jump and roasted the Niners RT to the outside. He got to Kaep before he could even complete his drop. Suggs did nothing on the play, no extra attention paid to him or anything. I could have been Suggs on that play and it would have made no difference.

His second SB sack was a cheap one. Kaep went down at the end of the half when no one was open so that they could kick a FG. Kruger just happened to be the closest guy to him.

Now onto his game against Indy.

His first sack he bull rushed the RT right back into Luck and made a great play to swipe the ball out of Lucks hand. Sack fumble on a play where Suggs is taken out of the play by a TE.

His next is a half sack where he puts a great swim move to beat the RT clean and he helped finish Luck off. Suggs once again is completely out of the play getting single blocked.

His final sack is much like his first one in the Niners game. He gets a great jump, beats the RT to the outside and drops Luck at the top of his drop. Sizzle once again single blocked completely out of the play.

Now how is it that he is only getting sacks because of Suggs?

Lots of love for nothing ...

He might not be Edwards , in real life he will never even get his money either.

I would love to land Kruger. He would take advantage of the general muggings Abe receives, plus this guy can come through during big games(as seen all post season). He's only 26 and still hasn't reached his ceiling. If I was TD, I'd make a serious run at him, because the Ravens might not be able to re-sign him even though he wants to stay in Baltimore. Then I'd draft Tank Carradine in the 2nd or 3rd. Tank is a beast who tore his ACL, but he's been training with the guys who helped AP recover, and are currently working with RG3. He's a 1st round talent that dropped because of that injury, but other than that he relatively stays healthy and he'd be a productive pass rusher. I was personally surprised Abe survived as long as he did last season without getting hurt, but I know that won't be the case every year. Tank would be a great guy to learn behind Abe, and he can come in and take over if Abe gets hurt.

He'll also eventually be his replacement. I see him coming back 100% and showing scouts that his injury didn't cause his talent level to suffer. Carradine and Kruger would instantly make our edge rush extremely better, and if we can somehow snag a strong DT, we should be much improved up front. TD has got to be aggressive this offseason.

agree Kruger is definitely the player I would go with. I would also love Carradine.

Here is what we need to do to put us over the top next season.

FA: Paul Kruger

1st: Eddie Lacy

2nd: Big hog space eating NT

3rd: Tank Carradine

That is what we would be doing if I was running this show

Guest Negatorris

agree Kruger is definitely the player I would go with. I would also love Carradine.

I would bet on the Falcons to make the Superbowl if that happened.

keep that 2nd and sign Steve McLendon

I would bet on the Falcons to make the Superbowl if that happened.

oh it would be perfect. We would be so much improved. I really don't think it is that hard to figure out do you?

But no... we got all of these fools on here..... "Lets get Ertz round 1!!!!!!" Good god... get a clue

Tony is coming back for 1 more run anyways

Thats a damm good plan ... very sweet and simple