Ranking Nfcs Qbs

SyCo

I'm surprised no ones done this yet, last season all we could do is talk about where each qb stood. here's what I think

1. Brees - Ryan proved the critics wrong, whether they'll admit it or not, but he didn't and will probably never do enough to take over as the south's best qb, until brees retires, or leaves new orleans. He's the lord almighty QBs.. I'd say, at this point, it's safe to say he's the best in the league, and probably moving towards "all time" status.

2. Ryan - Our boys a growin up! this year, he looked more like the leader the falcons have been needing. I believe the team is finally his. With mm gone, he's no longer a role player, and is becoming a playmaker.

3. Newton - He's beastly, that's for sure, but there's maturity concerns. i've gotten the impression early on that he doesnt really feel apart of the team,but the team. which is probably true, I dont know. He's loaded with talent, and god given physical attributes, but that stuff wears down over the years, he'll need to be a student of the game to have a long successful career.

4. Josh Freeman - he's shown some bright spots, but he's not a leader, not a franchise qb, doesn't do well under pressure. But hes improving I guess, and it could still go either way with this guy. My thought is he's a jason cambell, kyle orton kind of guy.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

List approved. Sub-discussion; how scary is your backup QB situation, random NFCS team?

It is scarier than Freeman dressed up as Micheal Jackson!

I would hate to see Dom Davis or Mclown start for us but I would love to see Chase Daniels, Whats his face Clausen and lord knows who in Tampa!

Less INTs, higher comp %, more YPA. And yeah, he was better in rushing by a good margin I'd say. I'm not talking bad about Freeman, I'm just saying there's no way in **** you could convince me in taking him over Cam.

Cam has also less yards and TDs. Not convincing anyone on taking Cam over Freeman, it's just that Freeman is better than Cam.

Edited by Auroch

Freeman 2012: 4204 total yards, 27 TDs, 17 INTs, 54.8 comp%, 7.29 YPA <----- Freeman's 2nd best season by far

Newton 2012: 4610 total yards, 27 TDs, 12 INTs, 57.7 comp%, 7.98 YPA <------- Cam's 'Sophomore Slump'

Take away Chud's dumbass play-calling to start the season and there's no telling how much better Cam's numbers could have been. I don't blame the 'Sophomore Slump' so much on Cam as much as I do on Chud. Sorry... but like I said there's no way you could convince me to take Freeman, who is going into his 5th year over Cam, who is going into his 3rd.

We won't even bring up his 2009 and 2011 seasons.

Edited by PantherBlack

Freeman: 4204 total yards, 27 TDs, 17 INTs, 54.8 comp%, 7.29 YPA <----- Freeman's 2nd best season by far

Newton: 4610 total yards, 27 TDs, 12 INTs, 57.7 comp%, 7.98 YPA <------- Cam's 'Sophomore Slump'

Take away Chud's dumbass play-calling to start the season and there's no telling how much better Cam's numbers could have been. I don't blame the 'Sophomore Slump' so much on Cam as much as I do on Chud. Sorry... but like I said there's no way you could convince me to take Freeman, who is going into his 5th year over Cam, who is going into his 3rd.

We won't even bring up his 2009 and 2011 seasons.

Oh we are doing that? I thought we are going by this year's numbers. If then Matt Ryan is the best QB not only in the South but in the NFL.

So you added Freeman's 2 best years oppose to Newton sole 2 years and compared both?

No, I just compared the stats from both of them from the 2012 season.

Maybe I should clarify what I meant by that little quip at the end... you stated that Freeman was a better QB. I retorted with his 2009 and 2011 season, which were just awful. Newton has only been in the league 2 years, and both years have been rather good. Freeman's best year was 2010, and even then it could be argued that Cam's rookie year was better than Freeman's best year.

Sorry, hope that clears things up for you.

No, I just compared the stats from both of them from the 2012 season.

Maybe I should clarify what I meant by that little quip at the end... you stated that Freeman was a better QB. I retorted with his 2009 and 2011 season, which were just awful. Newton has only been in the league 2 years, and both years have been rather good. Freeman's best year was 2010, and even then it could be argued that Cam's rookie year was better than Freeman's best year.

Sorry, hope that clears things up for you.

Oh you added rushing yds and rushing TDs as well? I see now.