If Tony G Retires....

Camaroman58

It'll be a HUGE hit to our offense and team in general..I don't think we get 10 wins next year without him. Dude just MADE things happen, his talent, presence, leadership...you just can't replace that.He made some AMAZING plays this past season, I don't see anyone stepping up to do what Tony G does....

I'm holding out hope for a return, but not expecting it.

That being said, you can't "replace" a Hall Of Famer like Tony. But, you can make up for what he brings to the table. Tony was, in essence, a slot receiver playing the TE position. So, you let Harry pick up his catches, put in a solid blocker at TE and let him block primarily, with occasional catches, and find Turner's replacement to shore up the running game. It won't be exactly the same, but it'll work.

Edited by bfarmer1980

Yeah a Running Back to get us out of all those 3rd and longs will help. Tony was the reason we converted 3rd downs at I think the 2nd best rate in the NFL?

I didnt say a running back would pick up 3rd and longs. If we had a really good running back though we probably wouldn't end up in so many 3rd and longs

we need a running game period, Coffman can stretch the seam, Tony Could not, not saying he will be replaced, but he needs to be replaced by a running game so they cant roll coverage to roddy and Julio and just let him eat the middle, we need to stretch even more, and we an with out weapons

It'll be a HUGE hit to our offense and team in general..I don't think we get 10 wins next year without him. Dude just MADE things happen, his talent, presence, leadership...you just can't replace that.He made some AMAZING plays this past season, I don't see anyone stepping up to do what Tony G does....

while i dont completely agree, i do somewhat agree and think that maybe we should spend our first on a TE.

HD isn't going to make up Tonys production. Heck he barely can produce any of his own; thanks HD for stumbling ur way to ur face on a sure SuperBowl ticket touchdown btw.

Once again find a 4th option who produced more than him... I have found a few #2's he out produced.

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

maybe some of you guys; including OP, need to read this.

If you think we are going after TE in the 1-4 round you are in for a shocker. Cause it is not going to happen.

Tony for the first three seasons with us totaled 2398

- his fourth year he got 50+ more yards then average.....but take to note we also went from a 50/50 run-throw game to now a lot of passing game.

So how was matt before Tony?

2008 threw for 3440 yards

2009 in went down to 2916.....hmmm shocker with us having the best TE, you think we would have grown in numbers.

Matts worst average yards were in 2009 and 2010......again you think it would have exceeded the 08 season Matt had.

[08&09 averaged 6.5 yards (worst of ryans career). 2008 7.9 yards (highest of Ryans career)]

------------------------------------------------

so was Tony a bad move?

- Tony was a great move. he opened our Redzone threat.

-2008 ryan had 16 TD. and it grew every year. for 2011 it was 29 TD (and thats with a 50/50 scheme).

----------------------------------------------

Anyhow why would you bring back Tony for a lot of money? cause you know he is going to kill our cap space.

- in fact if we brought him back we could miss out on signing a LB/DE/DT and even hurt us with signing key players......like Moore

Saying we won't.win 10 games without tony.is laughable, we won 11 games matt Ryan's ROOKIE year without Gonzo and without Julio, we still have Julio, we will find a solid contributor behind Roddy and Julio but no one.can replace.Tony G, it will suck to lose.him cuz he is a great player but we will be fine without tony.he is not the main focal point on offense,

I dont think we can replace Tony, but I do think that we can move in a different direction. Give a lot of Tony's looks to Julio and Roddy, look to HD more or a drafter/FA receiver. We could get a young guy that is more of an explosive tight end instead of a possesion receiver that was Tony.