Who's The One Player You Think We're Gonna Cut That You'd Like To Keep Around And Why?

ol'_dirty2

Well it's not exactly a cut more like resign, but I see a lot of people saying we won't resign Grimes. I can understand the logic, he's old, coming off an injury, etc. But if we can get him for not too expensive, I would rather have Grimes and Samuel at CB instead of Robinson..

and if he checks out medically of course.

It's hard to say who should stay out of the obvious choices on the cut list. Issues are value. But if ATL can't get a replacement I don't see why they would cut someone just for cap space. You have to know who to replace them with.

But, I'd like to see dunta stick around. I know his contract is huge but if ATL can resign grimes and put dunta back in the slot I think he'll improve significantly.

It's hard to say who should stay out of the obvious choices on the cut list. Issues are value. But if ATL can't get a replacement I don't see why they would cut someone just for cap space. You have to know who to replace them with.

But, I'd like to see dunta stick around. I know his contract is huge but if ATL can resign grimes and put dunta back in the slot I think he'll improve significantly.

This

I'm going to be sad to see Jerry go, not because he deserves a roster spot.....he doesn't...

But because I'm an admitted Ole Miss fan, saw what he did as a force on that Rebel D-line....and also saw how that devastating knee injury ruined his career...that makes me sad.

He's a really good guy and doesn't deserve the mocking he gets on here.

I'm going to be sad to see Jerry go, not because he deserves a roster spot.....he doesn't...

But because I'm an admitted Ole Miss fan, saw what he did as a force on that Rebel D-line....and also saw how that devastating knee injury ruined his career...that makes me sad.

He's a really good guy and doesn't deserve the mocking he gets on here.

Yea gritz, but he brings absolutely nthing to the table at this point, sentimentality aside, LOL ....

Yea gritz, but he brings absolutely nthing to the table at this point, sentimentality aside, LOL ....

Totally agree....that's why I said in the first line he doesn't deserve to stay.

Just sad (and pizzed) that we didn't get the guy I watched every year he played in Oxford.

Totally agree....that's why I said in the first line he doesn't deserve to stay.

Just sad (and pizzed) that we didn't get the guy I watched every year he played in Oxford.

Still remember the Friday Night Lights when he was a rookie, and how he was moving quicker than everybody else when the ball snapped, every time, such a shame we never got to see that in his career.

Turner. Yes I know I'm in the minority and can't argue with him being let go. 5 mil is too much though. If he restructured and spread it out over 2 years I'm convinced he'd still produce with better interior OL play.

Yeah I like Turner too. I just remember how he energized the organization that first year he was here. He needs to go, but he'll defintiely be missed.

Yeah I like Turner too. I just remember how he energized the organization that first year he was here. He needs to go, but he'll defintiely be missed.

Beyond Gonzo and McClure, I really was hoping we would get a ring while Turner was still on the team.

His play this past season was no great selling point, but he fully deserved it for carrying the offense until we matured enough to be able to really attack through the air.

The NFL is a business, and unfortunately I think Dunta is going to be the odd man on this one. I think he played much better in the new scheme, but really if you think about it, Grimes injury might have been a blessing. Him going down really allowed us to see more of our young guys (McClain/Owens). If we could sign Grimes to a 2-3 year deal, not saying that would happen, but if we could for a reasonable amount, that essentially would make Dunta expendable without really creating a hole in the secondary....this is all just IMO...

I would like to keep Dunta at much reduced, sign Grimes for reasonable, and move Dunta back into the slot with Grimes/Samuel outside, in a perfect world ...

Why when we had Mclain who filled in nicely in at NB and if medically Grimes is fine I'm beginning to think they bring him and Assante back as starting outside CB's and have Owens and a drafted Rookie as cover.

Basically because of Dunta's cap hit he could well be the most expendable guy here and with Assante and Grimes being better cover corners I think Dunta should be the one that is history.

Edited by kiwifalcon

Why when we had Mclain who filled in nicely in at NB and if medically Grimes is fine I'm beginning to think they bring him and Assante back as starting outside CB's and have Owens and a drafted Rookie as cover.

Basically because of Dunta's cap hit he could well be the most expendable guy here and with Assante and Grimes being better cover corners I think Dunta should be the one that is history.

Yep. Too expensive and very expendable.