My Last Pre Combine Mock

freebird310

#1) Eddie Lacy RB Alabama 6-1 220

Turners replacement, and our feature back for years

#2 Khaseem Greene - OLBer -Rutgers 6-1 232

Bit undersized, yea, but he is one of the very best cover LBers in college football, stout vs run, and hits like a train, i swear hes got a little daryl washington in him ...

# 3)Brandon Jenkins FSU DE 6-3 260

May be a stretch to think we get him here, but maybe not, alot of good healthy DEs out there to choose from, so the broken foot may send him spiraling ....I have seen him going anywhere from 2-4 ...if he comes back from the foot, would be the steal of the draft ....

#4) Kwame Geathers 6-6 350 DT - UGA

Here is the massive DT we need .....

#4) Cyril Richardson G/OT - Baylor 6-5 335

Massive bulldozing G prospect that can be a road grader for lacy, needs to work on pass blocking. Move Konz to center, and throw him in the mix at RG Compares to Iupati ...

#5 Tavarees King WR - UGA 6-1 192

Can give HD a push, and at very least our 4th WR

#6) Michael Williams TE -Alabama 6-6 270

Devastating blocker that can catch, we pair him with Coffman

#7) Collin Klein QB Kansa State 6-5 220

A guy to develop and compete with DD....this guy is alot like kraperdink of the 49ers

#7) Dustin Harris PR/CB Texas A&M 6-1 175

This is a guy that once had 162 PR yards in one game, i see no reason he can not be an upgrade from Franks, and not a bad college CB

**** note, I had posted pics, but software would not let me...screw this " more images than allowed " bullchit angry.png

lol yeah I don't really want to take a RB early in the draft either. Also, I feel like we should address DE/DT earlier. my thoughts are that Mid round prospects just won't have that great of an immediate impact and we need some help on our D-line ASAP.

I could dig this, but i think we go NT first - if we got Jenkins and Greene, we could prolly wait on the NT till later, plus we would get a RB, i dont mind this at all, but would be hard to see us getting Greene where we are in the 2nd -

Would love Jenkins, but I really think he's way gone by then ...

Thing is, I dont want to neccassarily go RB #1, but if Lacy IS there, he's our pick, period, if he's gone then I would go RB later round ...

No disrespect but I don't really agree. We're obviously going to get Quizz his touches, so I think we would do best by finding a serviceable back later on in rounds 3-4 to pair with Quizz. Or go sign someone in FA. I think there are too many holes on our Defense be able to tack a RB with the 1st round pick.

No disrespect but I don't really agree. We're obviously going to get Quizz his touches, so I think we would do best by finding a serviceable back later on in rounds 3-4 to pair with Quizz. Or go sign someone in FA. I think there are too many holes on our Defense be able to tack a RB with the 1st round pick.

I tried to be realistic with who the BPAs at positions of need that will be there at 30 ....I think the impact DE's will be gone as will the prime, big DTs like Jenkins, we dont need another quik penetrater at DT

While i believe that DL is this teams biggest need, our first should be the BPA, and if you can get the top rated RB at #30 then you have to pull the trigger, I hope that a great defensive player falls, but don't expect it. if the draft fell like this i wouldn't be happy but i believe i would soon get over it, over-all good job.

things i liked about this draft:

eddie lacy: as a bama fan this would be cool. he would be a huge pick up

rutgers lb: he can COVER

a NG: i like the 3-4 defense

a guard: though i would have liked whichever interior lineman we draft a little earlier

things i didnt like

eddie lacy: tough for me to say this, but i have a feeling he may have an injury plagued NFL career. hope i'm wrong

M. Williams: he's a good blocker, but so is Palmer. Williams could get almost 0 separation in college; doubt that changes in the NFL. rather draft a complete TE or a receiving TE

things i liked about this draft:

eddie lacy: as a bama fan this would be cool. he would be a huge pick up

rutgers lb: he can COVER

a NG: i like the 3-4 defense

a guard: though i would have liked whichever interior lineman we draft a little earlier

things i didnt like

eddie lacy: tough for me to say this, but i have a feeling he may have an injury plagued NFL career. hope i'm wrong

M. Williams: he's a good blocker, but so is Palmer. Williams could get almost 0 separation in college; doubt that changes in the NFL. rather draft a complete TE or a receiving TE

Good feedback, thanks ...

Yea, the one thing I do not like about Lacy is he runs too upright ...but I see him as a clone of Marshawn Lynch , his injury history in college is not very concerning, and as a split timer he does not carry heavy wear and tear ...every RB coming out has injury risk at the next level...

As for Williams, I see us carrying him , Palmer, and Coffman, that would give us the passing threat in Coffman, the blocker in Williams, and a guy like Palmer that can do a little of both ....and Williams is not a bad receiver, but yea he is not out running anybody, LOL .....

If I'm honest I'd prefer to wait a year and grab TJ Yeldon as a future RB and grab someone later on in the draft.

I rate Yeldon > Lacy just a personal preference.

The only other pick I like in this draft is Tavarris King I think he has alot of tools to be a very good possession WRer at the next level which I like alot.