Tears Still Flowing In San Fran

SaintRay

Jim Harbaugh: A penalty is a penalty on the first play or the last play

Posted by Michael David Smith on February 7, 2013, 6:45 PM EST

jimharbaughhands.jpg?w=250 AP

After the officials did not call pass interference against Ravens cornerback Jimmy Smith on the 49ers’ final offensive play of the Super Bowl, many observers who agreed with the non-call said that in a key play with the championship on the line, the officials just have to let the players play.

Unsurprisingly, 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh does not agree with that.

Harbaugh said on 95.7 The Game in San Francisco that he thinks pass interference should be officiated the same way at any point in the game, and that the officials should be just as strict about calling penalties in the game’s closing seconds as they are at any other time.

A penalty is a penalty no matter when it occurs in a game,” Harbaugh said, via SportsRadioInterviews.com. “It could occur in the first play of the game. It could occur on the last play of the game, or any play in between. That’s the rules of football. You let ‘em play or let ‘em get away with something. Which would you rather have? Let’s play the rules of the game. . . . If there’s a penalty then it’s a penalty — doesn’t matter what kind of game. . . . It’s the rules of football. If it’s a penalty, you call it. If you see it, you call it. That’s how I feel about it.”

Harbaugh complained immediately after the game about the non-call, and with time to think about it, his complaints haven’t stopped. Harbaugh thinks his team got ripped off by the refs at the end of the Super Bowl.

Well I think he is correct... a penalty is penalty no matter who does it when they do it. And they DID get hosed on that call...... You cannot just wrap your arms around the receiver ever.

But I also think his tears are delicious as we got hosed every bit as much as they did.

Not really. Nearly every story about this mentions how we could have gotten hosed. Basically saying he was not singing the same tune after the NFCCG.

Even then. It took him making himself look like a *** for us to get mentioned. No one was meanting it when it happened. It was all 49`ers sb and brother vs brother bowel.

He made himself look like a moron crying over the penalty at the very end. When he Celbrated just 2 weeks before in almost the same situation.

Thats Karma at its best! Poetic justice was served that day.

We are a team that doesnt feed the media sharks. So i expect not to be mentioned much. 07 was enough media attention to last me a lifetime.

I personally don't care that an opposing team got hosed, because no team has been hosed in the history of the NFL like my team.

That said, if they don't call the final play incident in the NFC Championship game and it was all good with Coach H, then he needs to STFU and stop acting like a little biyotch after the same thing happening to the 49ers in the next game.

I personally don't care that an opposing team got hosed, because no team has been hosed in the history of the NFL like my team.

That said, if they don't call the final play incident in the NFC Championship game and it was all good with Coach H, then he needs to STFU and stop acting like a little biyotch after the same thing happening to the 49ers in the next game.

You just said that on a Falcons board? LOL. At least yall got a SB man. to the first part.

wub.png

That's why you're one of the best here, man.