Championships Are Won At The Line Of Srimage

whitekb011

I believe we need to get younger and more physical on both sides of the ball.

Start with OL:

Option 1: Resign Sam Baker for LT, LG Blaylock, C Konz, RG Claybo, RT Holmes. We need some athletisism at RT. Claybo is solid, but he is getting older. Might be good to move him inside, plus him and Konz played by each other all year.

Option 2: Resign Sam baker for LT, LG Blaylock, C Konz, RG Draft/FA; RT Claybo. This is a good solution, but an impactful guard might night be there at 62. We need to draft DL first round, preferably first 2.

Personally, I would like to go with Option 1. Allows me to draft depth in 3rd round as best interior OL available.

DL:

Option 1: Abe RDE, Babs DT, NT Draft, RDE Draft/FA. Let Jerry and Sidbury go.

Optoion 2: FA/Draft RDE, Babs DT, NT Draft/FA, RDE. Cut Abe and Sidbury.

Again, I like Option 1 because I believe there is a lot of talent when we pick at DE and DT plus we still need Abe. We need to to shore up the NT and LDE in a 4-3. and when we run a 3-4, we need to have personnel to do that.

So here is what I would do in the draft for the first three picks.

Rd 1: Johnathan Jenkins, NT, UGA. He can fill the NT spot in both 3-4 and 4-3.

Rd 2: Margus Hunt, DE/DT, SMU. He can play as RDE in both a 4-3 and 3-4. He can also play DT in a 4-3.

Rd 3: Trade up in the round and grab Larry Worford, G Kentucky.

We add power and flexibility to our DL and we add a starting caliber guard in the 3rd to get in the mix of the OL competition in case claybo has to move back to RT for any reason.

Edited by whitekb011

Start with OL:

Option 1: Resign Sam Baker for LT, LG Blaylock, C Konz, RG Claybo, RT Holmes. We need some athletisism at RT. Claybo is solid, but he is getting older. Might be good to move him inside, plus him and Konz played by each other all year.

Option 2: Resign Sam baker for LT, LG Blaylock, C Konz, RG Draft/FA; RT Claybo. This is a good solution, but an impactful guard might night be there at 62. We need to draft DL first round, preferably first 2.

Personally, I would like to go with Option 1. Allows me to draft depth in 3rd round as best interior OL available.

DL:

Again, I like Option 1 because I believe there is a lot of talent when we pick at DE and DT plus we still need Abe. We need to to shore up the NT and LDE in a 4-3. and when we run a 3-4, we need to have personnel to do that.

Rd 2: Margus Hunt, DE/DT, SMU. He can play as RDE in both a 4-3 and 3-4. He can also play DT in a 4-3.

We add power and flexibility to our DL and we add a starting caliber guard in the 3rd to get in the mix of the OL competition in case claybo has to move back to RT for any reason.

I keep hearing we might get DT Starks out of Miami, a former Nolan disciple. If so, your draft is all blown up. I wouldn't try to guess the draft until after the FA signings. Then you'll have a clearer a picture of out potential needs and holes that need to be filled.

I think its near impossible to come out of this draft without a lineman on both sides of the ball. Anything less and i will be bitterly upset. I love the idea of okafor in the first and warford in the second. Then OLB,RB,TE = bliss. There is serious talent on the lines, bring em home TD!

What makes all of you so sure Holmes is any where near ready to play? I really want to know. I keep seeing people just thrusting him into the starting lineup.

I think its hopeful optimism. With another camp and after a year to learn and strength train? He is a big azz dude. He would make a formidable lineman.

I think its hopeful optimism. With another camp and after a year to learn and strength train? He is a big azz dude. He would make a formidable lineman.

I mean dont get me wrong I would love for Holmes to develop into a starter for us but it just seems like ppl think he is ready to go.. and he isnt. He has to prove he is worth something first. Was he even active for most of the games? That should tell u something right there. Idk I feel like holmes is becoming the new Kerry Mier of this board

I mean dont get me wrong I would love for Holmes to develop into a starter for us but it just seems like ppl think he is ready to go.. and he isnt. He has to prove he is worth something first. Was he even active for most of the games? That should tell u something right there. Idk I feel like holmes is becoming the new Kerry Mier of this board

Like I said its hopeful optimism. Its nice to think we have these guys already with us. Its precombine , daft , camp , preseason so nobody knows. Its all in good fun I imagine. I do the same thing. I really want people like Toone and James Rodgers to make the team.

Start with OL:

DL:

Like it a lot. Not too sure of the exact players(unsure of Hunt, Jenkins might have weight issues?), but if those positions and picks ended up like that i would be extremely pleased!!

Td didnt draft Lamar Holmes in the 3rd round to ride the bench. Moving clabo inside and putting Holmes at rt is a viable option.

Nobody has any tangible evidence wether he can play accept for what he did to jpp at the end of the giants game. Dude crushed jpp and turner reaped the benefits.

Edited by Dominique is Manufique

Td didnt draft Lamar Holmes in the 3rd round to ride the bench. Moving clabo inside and putting Holmes at rt is a viable option.

Nobody has any tangible evidence wether he can play accept for what he did to jpp at the end of the giants game. Dude crushed jpp and turner reaped the benefits.

Its also the cheapest and least disruptive.