Since Everyone Else Is Doing It And I'm Bored: Mock Offseason!

So the departures are pretty much the same. Cut Turner, reduce Dunta's cap hit or cut him and cut Jelly.

Resign the important guys Baker, Willy Mo, Swagger Vance.

I am also assuming TG is gone and a CB needy team pays Grimes.

FA signings are tough at this point, as most of the good ones get resigned, but they kinda help with the mock draft so I could see us signing Jared Cook(TE) and Desmond Bryant(DT). Both solid players that shouldn't command huge money. We should be able to find a way to fit them, our resigning's and our draft under the cap.

Now onto the draft:

Round 1: Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington.

4 year starter with solid NFL pedigree. Now I know everyone wants DL help here, which I understand, but I would prefer to take the best player on the board. We can use help at pretty much every position. Our CBs are pretty old plus injuries happen. Trufant imo is the 2nd best corner in the draft and solid value at the end of the 1st.

Round 2: John Simon, DE/OLB, Ohio State

Explosive strong pass rusher who fits into the hybrid mould of say a Lamar Woodley. We have been lining up Kroy and Abe as both stand up and with their hands on the ground and this guy can and has done both at OSU. Plus he plays with a great motor, never gives up on a play.

Round 3: Kenjon Barner

We need speed in the backfield and this guy has it. Crazy productive at Oregon Barner has the wheels to get around the edge and take it the distance. Nice hands out of the backfield and an underrated ability to run between the tackles. Plus he was a solid kick returner his freshman year so he could probably help out there as well.

Round 4: Shamarko Thomas, SS, Syracuse

This guy could be the next Bob Sanders(Hopefully a little healthier though). A diminutive safety, 5-9 217, with crazy range(4.3 speed) that can really hit. Solid prospect that has star potential.

Round 4(comp):Quanterus Smith, DE/OLB, WKU

Great athlete who had first round potential before tearing his ACL late in the season. This works out well for us because I think we would have had a tough time finding a spot for our whole rookie class. This gives him a redshirt year on the IR and gives us great value.

Round 5: Lonnie Pryor, RB/FB, FSU

Jason Snelling 2.0. College fullback who made the most of his opportunities carry the rock. Versatile player like Snelling who can play FB, RB and probably contribute on ST. This guy is just a good football player.

Round 6: Stefan Charles, DT, Regina

Loved Hicks last year and this guy might be just as good. Great size at 6'5 310 and posted very similar stats to Hicks during his time at Regina. A bit of A flyer but hey we are in the 6th round. Thanks to whoever posted this guy on the Draft/FA board.

Round 7: Jordan Campbell, LB, New Mexico Highlands(D2)

This guy originally played at USC, played well when given his shot but lost his starting spot due to injury. Left during the whole Pete Carroll debacle. Tried to go to Louisville things went wrong and he ended up staring on a D2 team. Great athlete who was insanely productive in D2(54 tackles for a loss in 2 years). Worth a late round flyer.

Jared Cook will be franchised by Tennessee if he is not re-signed.

Think about it - how many decent players does Tennessee have? why would they not re-sign him or franchise him? I bet the franchise number is low as well.

Yeah that probably will happen. That is why predicting FAs is so hard right now. I doubt Oakland lets Bryant go either. I just wanted to add a TE and DT so I wouldn't have to draft one early to replace TG and Jelly.

So the departures are pretty much the same. Cut Turner, reduce Dunta's cap hit or cut him and cut Jelly.

Resign the important guys Baker, Willy Mo, Swagger Vance.

I am also assuming TG is gone and a CB needy team pays Grimes.

FA signings are tough at this point, as most of the good ones get resigned, but they kinda help with the mock draft so I could see us signing Jared Cook(TE) and Desmond Bryant(DT). Both solid players that shouldn't command huge money. We should be able to find a way to fit them, our resigning's and our draft under the cap.

Now onto the draft:

Round 1: Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington.

4 year starter with solid NFL pedigree. Now I know everyone wants DL help here, which I understand, but I would prefer to take the best player on the board. We can use help at pretty much every position. Our CBs are pretty old plus injuries happen. Trufant imo is the 2nd best corner in the draft and solid value at the end of the 1st.

Round 2: John Simon, DE/OLB, Ohio State

Explosive strong pass rusher who fits into the hybrid mould of say a Lamar Woodley. We have been lining up Kroy and Abe as both stand up and with their hands on the ground and this guy can and has done both at OSU. Plus he plays with a great motor, never gives up on a play.

Round 3: Kenjon Barner

We need speed in the backfield and this guy has it. Crazy productive at Oregon Barner has the wheels to get around the edge and take it the distance. Nice hands out of the backfield and an underrated ability to run between the tackles. Plus he was a solid kick returner his freshman year so he could probably help out there as well.

Round 4: Shamarko Thomas, SS, Syracuse

This guy could be the next Bob Sanders(Hopefully a little healthier though). A diminutive safety, 5-9 217, with crazy range(4.3 speed) that can really hit. Solid prospect that has star potential.

Round 4(comp):Quanterus Smith, DE/OLB, WKU

Great athlete who had first round potential before tearing his ACL late in the season. This works out well for us because I think we would have had a tough time finding a spot for our whole rookie class. This gives him a redshirt year on the IR and gives us great value.

Round 5: Lonnie Pryor, RB/FB, FSU

Jason Snelling 2.0. College fullback who made the most of his opportunities carry the rock. Versatile player like Snelling who can play FB, RB and probably contribute on ST. This guy is just a good football player.

Round 6: Stefan Charles, DT, Regina

Loved Hicks last year and this guy might be just as good. Great size at 6'5 310 and posted very similar stats to Hicks during his time at Regina. A bit of A flyer but hey we are in the 6th round. Thanks to whoever posted this guy on the Draft/FA board.

Round 7: Jordan Campbell, LB, New Mexico Highlands(D2)

This guy originally played at USC, played well when given his shot but lost his starting spot due to injury. Left during the whole Pete Carroll debacle. Tried to go to Louisville things went wrong and he ended up staring on a D2 team. Great athlete who was insanely productive in D2(54 tackles for a loss in 2 years). Worth a late round flyer.

I have been watching some tape on Trufant. I think he is really going to be good.

Guest Negatorris

Jared Cook will be franchised by Tennessee if he is not re-signed.

Think about it - how many decent players does Tennessee have? why would they not re-sign him or franchise him? I bet the franchise number is low as well.

Jared Cook has already publicly said he wants to play for another team that will use him more. If they franchise him, he will just request to be traded AGAIN.

Jared Cook has already publicly said he wants to play for another team that will use him more. If they franchise him, he will just request to be traded AGAIN.

does not matter what the player says he wants......if team wants to franchise Jared Cook - they will. Until you are 100% unrestricted - you are not truly free. and Cook is not free and if Titans GM slaps franchise tag on Cook - all Cook can do is either play under the tag - or hold out - and holding out never works.

I can't see us spending our 1st on a CB when we have such glaring needs at DT, DE, OLB. Barner will also be available in the 4th.

Outside of DE I don't see either being that much more glaring a need. Samuel is old and the future of Grimes and Dunta is very questionable. Only CBs I am sure will be on the team next year are Samuel and McClain. At least we have some developmental guys at DT, DE and OLB.

Also I am not convinced Barner is there at the back end of the 3rd. Is he really that different from LaMichael James who went 61st? With a good 40 I bet he enters 2nd round discussions.

Outside of DE I don't see either being that much more glaring a need. Samuel is old and the future of Grimes and Dunta is very questionable. Only CBs I am sure will be on the team next year are Samuel and McClain. At least we have some developmental guys at DT, DE and OLB.

Also I am not convinced Barner is there at the back end of the 3rd. Is he really that different from LaMichael James who went 61st? With a good 40 I bet he enters 2nd round discussions.

DE and LB are musts. CB is a luxury. We have the players, they are just old. I think we can milk them for another year or two. This isn't the year to rebuild, this is the year to go for the jugular. I also think the defence will be just fine with Asante and McClain on the outside and Owens/Terrence inside.

DE and LB are musts. CB is a luxury. We have the players, they are just old. I think we can milk them for another year or two. This isn't the year to rebuild, this is the year to go for the jugular. I also think the defence will be just fine with Asante and McClain on the outside and Owens/Terrence inside.

Gotta disagree on LB being a must. I know people are down on Nicholas right now but he is solid, Spoon is good and Dent is improving. I agree we need a big upgrade at DE but at pick 30 there is a very real chance that all the good ones are off the board. Why force a DE when you can get a better CB?

Gotta disagree on LB being a must. I know people are down on Nicholas right now but he is solid, Spoon is good and Dent is improving. I agree we need a big upgrade at DE but at pick 30 there is a very real chance that all the good ones are off the board. Why force a DE when you can get a better CB?

Nic is a good LBer, but he is slow. He was destroyed all season by mobile QBs. Also, the draft is really deep in concerns to DE and DT a good one will be there at 30. The Falcons need something in concerns to pass rush. Why force a CB when a DE is a must?

Edited by Falcanuck

Nic is a good LBer, but he is slow. He was destroyed all season by mobile QBs. Also, the draft is really deep in concerns to DE and DT. The Falcons need something in concerns to pass rush. Why force a CB when a DE is a must?

Because I didn't force the CB, he was the best player I envisioned remaining on the board. There is a very real chance the Jones, Mingo, Ansah, Moore, Werner, Jordan, Okafor and Montgomery are gone by pick 30. Who do we take then? I like Datone Jones but I think he is a more a 3-4 DE.

I would rather the 2nd best CB to the 8th or 9th best edge rusher.

Might be smart on the Titans part to pull an NBA and keep him around and trade him rather than letting him walk for nothing. They need a LOT of help so swapping Cook for something would help them

everyone down on nicholas getting burned (especially in playoffs) but he did lead the team in tackles and i would agree we can definitely upgrade, but replacing the leading tackler on our team is not a need just what few people think is. I also believe our round 1 pick will/should be best player available, with thought who we can get for our second as well. a CB, DE, DT, OG should be our first pick considering who we can get in the second (example if Warford drops to us in second, Brandon Williams, could help dictate our first round i.e Trufant)