Round 2: Kevin Minter - ILB - LSU

Round 3: Gerald Hodges - OLB - Penn State

Round 4: Kenjon Barner - RB - Oregon

Round 4(comp): Mallicah Goodman - DE - Clemson

Round 5: Aaron Mellette - WR - Elon

Round 6: Zach Allen - OG - NC State

Round 7: Vinston Painter - OT - Arizona

Edited by Ghost of Truth

I like the positions for the most part although I'd go DT at either #2 or #3 instead of two LBs. Not a fan of Montgomery, he is really slow off the ball and just looks really stiff to me. Highly doubt Kevin Minter makes much past the end of the first round, I think Arthur Brown would be more realistic and even he could move up as workouts continue.

I disagree with needing Turner, I want to modify the offense not try to keep going with what we had, there are fewer and fewer TEs who can actually block and make things happen like Tony can, that's going to be darn near impossible to replace, fullbacks aren't hardly worth the roster spot unless they are versatile enough to play well on ST as well.

As far as Minter not making it to the end of round 2, you guys are prolly right, in that case I'd go with Short, the big DT from Purdue in that slot.

I went with Montgomery more based on potential than I did anything, he's far from perfect in terms of what he does currently but even as raw as he is he's disruptive. I think his floor is lower than Okafor's barely, but his ceiling is immensely higher since I don't think Okafor will ever even approach double digit sacks in the NFL.

As far as speed back, we have one, but we never give him a shot (A. Smith) Barner I think gives us that, line up Quizz and Barner in the backfield or Barner and Snell in the backfield opposite Ryan in the Shotgun and it gives us another wrinkle to throw in with the Julio/Roddy motioning into the backfield. I want Barner for his homerun ability, we lack that in the run game, Quizz breaks off some incredible runs but they don't put up points, I want someone who once they break that run can finish it off, that's why I want the long speed guy at RB.

I disagree with needing Turner, I want to modify the offense not try to keep going with what we had, there are fewer and fewer TEs who can actually block and make things happen like Tony can, that's going to be darn near impossible to replace, fullbacks aren't hardly worth the roster spot unless they are versatile enough to play well on ST as well.

As far as Minter not making it to the end of round 2, you guys are prolly right, in that case I'd go with Short, the big DT from Purdue in that slot.

I went with Montgomery more based on potential than I did anything, he's far from perfect in terms of what he does currently but even as raw as he is he's disruptive. I think his floor is lower than Okafor's barely, but his ceiling is immensely higher since I don't think Okafor will ever even approach double digit sacks in the NFL.

As far as speed back, we have one, but we never give him a shot (A. Smith) Barner I think gives us that, line up Quizz and Barner in the backfield or Barner and Snell in the backfield opposite Ryan in the Shotgun and it gives us another wrinkle to throw in with the Julio/Roddy motioning into the backfield. I want Barner for his homerun ability, we lack that in the run game, Quizz breaks off some incredible runs but they don't put up points, I want someone who once they break that run can finish it off, that's why I want the long speed guy at RB.

I'm not saying keep a FB. So you want a speed back that can't run between the tackles and a 5'8 Rb to shoulder the load?

Short won't make it to the bottom of the 2nd either.

Why do we need a Turner clone? Our offense has been steadily moving away from that. Quizz isn't slow but he certainly aint fast.

He doesn't mean we need a 2012 Turner clone, he means we need a 2008 Turner clone, and even then, we need more of an out-of-the-backfield threat than Turner ever was as a receiver.

Because we need a between the tackles runner who can carry the majority. Rodgers is a nice #2 choice.

The one problem I've always had with Turner is his inability to consistently catch passes out of the backfield. That's why Jerious Norwood, Jaosn Snelling, and now Quizz have been our primary 3rd down backs rather than Turner. If we can get a guy who can run up the gut with power and provide a viable receiving option on 1st and 2nd down, we can keep Quizz as our 3rd down back for obvious passing situations, let the new back be our 3rd down back on anything less than, say, 5 yards, and teams won't know how to defend us because we'll have the ability to run up the gut or run a screen or play action or really anything.