Escobar Over Kelce

VaderMan

I sure hope we dont go TE with the 1st or 2nd pick. I hope we do with the 3rd or 4th though.

They are both nice looking TEs but I prefer Escobar over Kelce. I looked at tape on both and Escobar seems the more fluid in the hips. Escobar is 6'6 250lbs so he already has ideal size to go with that athleticism. He is projected to run a 4.6 in the forty. I would personally rather draft him over Kelse or any other middle of the group TEs.

I found it funny that he wore # 88 and has a Latin name in Escobar! Hmmmmm.

Thoughts?

Escobar is my 2nd favorite TE in the draft behind Kelce. He definitely is a little more fluid than Kelce, but is nowhere near the blocker Kelce is. Kelces 40 is projected low 4.58. I think Kelce has more straight line speed than Escobar does.. Either way Escobar won't be there in the 4th like most think. He may not even make it to the end of the 3rd. I'd be happy with either guy, but I like Kelce more.

Escobar is my 2nd favorite TE in the draft behind Kelce. He definitely is a little more fluid than Kelce, but is nowhere near the blocker Kelce is. Kelces 40 is projected low 4.58. I think Kelce has more straight line speed than Escobar does.. Either way Escobar won't be there in the 4th like most think. He may not even make it to the end of the 3rd. I'd be happy with either guy, but I like Kelce more.

As pointed out, Tony G wasnt a great blocker in the beginning either, that can be learned, athleticsim can not. Just my preference, i like Escobar

As pointed out, Tony G wasnt a great blocker in the beginning either, that can be learned, athleticsim can not. Just my preference, i like Escobar

As pointed out, Kelces projected 40 is low 4.58 dry.png

You can't just teach dominating blocking like Kelce has either. Not that Escobar is a bad blocker because he isn't, but he isn't near what Kelce is. Just my preference, I like Kelce.

Where are your links for Escobars 40? I can't find it. Nvm found it

Edited by Clark Kent

As pointed out, Kelces projected 40 is low 4.58 dry.png

You can't just teach dominating blocking like Kelce has either. Not that Escobar is a bad blocker because he isn't, but he isn't near what Kelce is. Just my preference, I like Kelce.

Where are your links for Escobars 40? I can't find it. Nvm found it

Well at least we agree on two options and NOT taking a TE in the 1st or 2nd, I think Escobar is there in 3rd, I think both are there in the 3rd.

Well at least we agree on two options and NOT taking a TE in the 1st or 2nd, I think Escobar is there in 3rd, I think both are there in the 3rd.

I agree on both guys, but not neccesarily not taking one in the 1st or 2nd. Just saw a mock the other day from Josh Norris who picked us to get Kelce 30th overall. If he does end up running a sub 4.6 40 at the combine someone is going to jump all over him. I would even take Escobar in the 2nd. I think he can be that good. Obviously this is all based on Tony retiring.