The Main Reason Why Its Naive To Think The Earth Is All There Is.

Tuggle'2

Consider my mind blown.

Side note, that snickers joke was lame.

I know--I have a hard time even imaging how large space is---13 billion light years

has to be lots of other civilizations and life---maybe we should be careful about wanting to find them

and BTW thanks to our current pres. I now know what a trillion looks like

Edited by Nono

That is just in one small block of space , and thats only as far as the Hubble could see. It keeps going. happy.png

The human mind is to feeble to understand the sheer amount of other galaxies , the stars in those galaxies , and the solar systems around those stars.

We actually don't even a have a Supercomputer large enough to do it either. We're just babies , well actually we're still a gleem in the eye of the universe relatively.

I know--I have a hard time even imaging how large space is---13 billion light years

has to be lots of other civilizations and life---maybe we should be careful about wanting to find them

and BTW thanks to our current pres. I now know what a trillion looks like

Had to throw politics into this huh...

I am glad you at least accept some science...

I think many people fail to factor it into their religious and philosophical views and beliefs.

Yeah , most of that is very earth centric. It goes back to times when the church called anybody a heretic for saying the earth revolved around the sun. Same thing can be applied to the idea that there is more out there. Statistically and mathematically though there are more planets in the Goldylock zone then the human mind can fathom.

I think many people fail to factor it into their religious and philosophical views and beliefs.

I think people generally fail to factor it in at all. Mainly because it is of little practical importance. Since no one other than potentially some elite astronaught is likely to go as far as the moon in our lifetime. The rest of those distances might as well be non-existant to most people.

I think people generally fail to factor it in at all. Mainly because it is of little practical importance. Since no one other than potentially some elite astronaught is likely to go as far as the moon in our lifetime. The rest of those distances might as well be non-existant to most people.

I hear you. I don't see why people are amazed by stuff like the Grand Canyon, when you can literally go outside and look up at eternity defined every night.

Edited by Free Radical

The galaxies\universes out there captured on telescope are millions of light years from earth. They are out there closer to where the big bang occurred and would be of course millions of years older than the earth. Any sapient life life on them would have just that much time to be more technologically advanced than we are. Man, in a million years there is no telling where we will be technologically. If we don't kill each other off first.

The galaxies\universes out there captured on telescope are millions of light years from earth. They are out there closer to where the big bang occurred and would be of course millions of years older than the earth. Any sapient life life on them would have just that much time to be more technologically advanced than we are. Man, in a million years there is no telling where we will be technologically. If we don't kill each other off first.

And that's the key. Eventually we are going to exhaust the resources of this Earth.

I firmly believe in life on other planets, just that they never have, or ever will, visit this planet. Sapient life is too short for inter-stellar travel.

I think that is a pretty short sighted point of view. Things like wormholes , light speed ( would need inertial dampening as well) , and cryostasis are all scientifically possible. That is only even taking into consideration the Human mind. Just like has been said there statistically has to be others out there much older and more evolved then us. Those types would have to be more intelligent and possibly have even overcame aging.( which ironically enough we aren't so far away from)