Wow! Joe Flacco Willing To Cheat To Win

nestaselect

http://www.nfl.com/superbowl/story/0ap1000000136893/article/joe-flacco-willing-to-break-rules-to-tackle-ted-ginn-jr

Joe Flacco made all the right moves in leading the Baltimore Ravens to a world championship and winning Super Bowl XLVII's MVP award. But Flacco's superb instincts seem to have abandoned him in one case.

As revealed on NFL Films' Super Bowl XLVII edition of "Sound FX" Wednesday night on NFL Network, Flacco had an interesting contingency plan as the Ravens lined up for a free kick to the San Francisco 49ers' Ted Ginn Jr. with 4 seconds left in the game.

We'll pick it up as Flacco paces the sideline, approaching tight end Dennis Pitta.

Flacco: "If he starts to break it, go tackle him."

Pitta: "Really?"

Flacco: "I don't know ... what else can ... I mean, they might be able to get a touchdown on that, but I don't know."

Sensing he's not getting anywhere with Pitta, Flacco seeks to recruit others for his plan, turning to face center Matt Birk and offensive tackle Michael Oher.

"Hey, if he breaks it, if he busts this for some reason, tackle him; go tackle him ... I don't know what the rule is on that, but ..."

Birk then says something inaudible.

Flacco: "I will -- I'm going to."

Of course, it didn't come to that, as the Ravens special teams did the job and tackled Ginn legally.

So what would have happened had Flacco or another Ravens player left the sideline to make a touchdown-saving tackle of Ginn?

According to the NFL Rule Book's Rule 12, Section 4, Article 3:

"Palpably Unfair Act. A player or substitute shall not interfere with play by any act which is palpably unfair. Penalty: For a palpably unfair act: Offender may be disqualified. The Referee, after consulting his crew, enforces any such distance penalty as they consider equitable and irrespective of any other specified code penalty. The Referee may award a score."

Guest King Jigsaw

What great would it have been if that's how the Super Bowl had ended? Between the comeback, the power outage, and that awarded score, people would be talking about this for years.

No joke I was actually running this through in my head. Say Ginn is racing down the field after catching the ball, no one can catch up with him, and the Baltimore guys on the sideline can't do anything but sit there and watch their super bowl glory be torn away from them in the very last second...Then some dude just jumps out from the sideline and nails the guy 'cuz he thinks he'll just get a 20 yard penalty or some kind of re-do with time put back on the clock with almost zero chance of them being successful again.

God I wish it would have come down to that. Flacco and his crew would be known cheaters and if the 9ers are rewarded the score they win but only because of the referees generous discretion. We wouldn't be hearing how either Flacco or Kaepernick are elite and no one would ever forget a finisher like that!

Edited by Da Bird is Da Word

No joke I was actually running this through in my head. Say the Gin is racing down the field after catching the ball, no one can catch up with him, and the Baltimore guys on the sideline can't do anything but sit there and watch their super bowl glory torn away from them in the very last second...Then some dude just jumps out from the sideline and nails the guy 'cuz he thinks he'll just get a 20 yard penalty or some kind of re-do with time put back on the clock with almost zero chance of them being successful again.

God I wish it would have come down to that. Flacco and this crew would be seen as cheaters and if the 9ers are rewarded the score they win but only because of the referees generous discretion. We wouldn't be hearing how either Flacco or Kaepernick are elite and no one would ever forget a finisher like that!

Who was the guy that tried to trip a returner a while back?

My mind is going blank.