Budget Cuts Will Keep Truman In Port.

Rambler

Budget cuts have caused Panetta to keep the Truman from leaving Norfolk this week for the Persian Gulf. This is unprecedented as far as carrier deployments go. This is probably not big news anywhere else in the country but this goes to show you what is coming down the pike, and if the military is going to take it on the chin you best believe some more pain and misery is about to be dished out to other entitlements. Rough times ahead for sure.http://www.wavy.com/dpp/military/budget-strains-to-cut-carrier-fleet-in-gulf

It might cost me my job altogether, but I have my fingers crossed.

If you know the Hampton Roads area, you know that this is a huge Navy community so there are plenty of jitters about the budget crisis we face. As far as myself, even though I currently work at a Naval Shipyard I still carry a Union book and have no problems packing my suitcase and turning back into daroadrambler. Most here are not that portable and will be in crisis mode if the Navy faces major cuts. I actually will have fun tearing into Obama supporters here in the yard as we are walking out the gate the last time should that day ever come.

If you know the Hampton Roads area, you know that this is a huge Navy community so there are plenty of jitters about the budget crisis we face. As far as myself, even though I currently work at a Naval Shipyard I still carry a Union book and have no problems packing my suitcase and turning back into daroadrambler. Most here are not that portable and will be in crisis mode if the Navy faces major cuts. I actually will have fun tearing into Obama supporters here in the yard as we are walking out the gate the last time should that day ever come.

So you carry a union card but you hate Obama even though according to his detractors he is pro union and thus destroying America?

Yea, that's consistent.

So you carry a union card but you hate Obama even though according to his detractors he is pro union and thus destroying America?

Yea, that's consistent.

I also work in the ship repair industry and my paycheck comes from military spending. Who would you vote for in my case?

Gotta make cuts to spending to balance the budget. that includes our EXTREMELY BLOATED military budget.

Indeed. People scream for budget cuts while they simultaneously scream for job creation, which doesn't happen without spending.

Whiny babies.

I hope you guys and up OK when this is all decided.

Indeed. People scream for budget cuts while they simultaneously scream for job creation, which doesn't happen without spending.

Whiny babies.

I hope you guys and up OK when this is all decided.

Yeah...it's a dicey situation.

Yes, the military budget is bloated, I experience it every day.

But....when you are trying to make cuts, it's really bad for America if the cuts are in the forms of job losses. Laying off a million people over the course of a few months would be devastation for the economy.

I've looked at the proposed budget cuts for my organization, and the good news is that the priority is to get rid of the things that will result in the fewest job losses. I'm just worried about how high up the priority list the cuts are going to go.

I also work in the ship repair industry and my paycheck comes from military spending. Who would you vote for in my case?

So in other words you are perfectly ok with Government spending as long as that spending finds its way into your pocket.

Good to know you admit what we have all known for a long time!

So in other words you are perfectly ok with Government spending as long as that spending finds its way into your pocket.

Good to know you admit what we have all known for a long time!

I work in a sector that makes, repairs, and fixes things such as aircraft carriers and submarines. These vessels are the very core of our national defense. I also stated a long time ago that everyone getting a check from the government had to share the pain, and that there should be no sacred cows. As I stated earlier, I can make a living in my craft and can head back where I came from in a heartbeat , but what we do adds value to the nation and provides a lot of jobs for a lot of people. I might add that there are a large number of minorities that work in my sector and many of them have well paying jobs and opportunities that are harder to find in the private sector. Strange how many of them supported Obama but are now beginning to squirm. The only fun I will have if it all goes south is laughing in their face as they are crying out the gate.

I work in a sector that makes, repairs, and fixes things such as aircraft carriers and submarines. These vessels are the very core of our national defense. I also stated a long time ago that everyone getting a check from the government had to share the pain, and that there should be no sacred cows. As I stated earlier, I can make a living in my craft and can head back where I came from in a heartbeat , but what we do adds value to the nation and provides a lot of jobs for a lot of people. I might add that there are a large number of minorities that work in my sector and many of them have well paying jobs and opportunities that are harder to find in the private sector. Strange how many of them supported Obama but are now beginning to squirm. The only fun I will have if it all goes south is laughing in their face as they are crying out the gate.

so once again to reiterate you are all for government spending is aslong as it goes to you if it doesn't go to you F everybody else.

so once again to reiterate you are all for government spending is aslong as it goes to you if it doesn't go to you F everybody else.

Never said that. If you believe for a second that drastically cutting the military will not have a significant impact on our economy and national defense then maybe you haven`t thought this issue through. If a stimulus package is designed to spur growth by pumping money into an economy without a way of accurately measuring its long term benefits then you cant at the same time want to significantly decrease a skilled sector of the economy that adds value, jobs, and security to the economy.

Never said that. If you believe for a second that drastically cutting the military will not have a significant impact on our economy and national defense then maybe you haven`t thought this issue through. If a stimulus package is designed to spur growth by pumping money into an economy without a way of accurately measuring its long term benefits then you cant at the same time want to significantly decrease a skilled sector of the economy that adds value, jobs, and security to the economy.

Of course you have.

For all the partisan Tea party BS you have been spouting over the last couple of years about spending and deficits and such, when its time to turn those things your reaction is little more that " oh but I did not mean for me to be cut".

Like I said you are all for cutting government spending until it affects you

Of course you have.

For all the partisan Tea party BS you have been spouting over the last couple of years about spending and deficits and such, when its time to turn those things your reaction is little more that " oh but I did not mean for me to be cut".

Like I said you are all for cutting government spending until it affects you

I thought about quitting this place several times in the last 2 1/2 years. I took a paycut to come here just to hang out at the house for a while. I could care or less if I have to leave but it is almost worth it if it means a lot of the people who are getting paid money they couldn't possibly make in the outside world get thrown on out on their heads. Like I told a lot of them. I can make good money in the outside world, can you? I usually get a lot of silent, confused and nervous looks with that one.

This is a true issue dealing with racism in the private sector. It is messed up you would laugh in their face knowing what they will have to deal with if the public sector dries up. Cold heart sir.