Per Espn Poll, Saints Rated #1 Super Bowl Champion Of Last 10 Years

SaintsFanInLA

How do we go from Katrina, to cinderella champs, to losing to a 7-9 team, to bounty, to asterisk lombardi, to best champ of last decade? People and the media flip flop way to much.

Please tell me about this asterisk,because I sure don't see it in any NFL records or documents.

That imaginary asterisk is a figment of your jealousy :)

the saints probably were the best team of the last 10 years . only the 2008 steelers come close imo.

the saints probably were the best team of the last 10 years . only the 2008 steelers come close imo.

Saints barely won their games. The ones they did win they cheated. Stop sucking their manlogs and get real chump. The best team in the last 10 years went 18-1.

Please tell me about this asterisk,because I sure don't see it in any NFL records or documents.

That imaginary asterisk is a figment of your jealousy smile.png

It was a general statement about the media not my personal viewpoint. I try to keep my RC discussion civilized and don't agree with posting 30 times a day trashing other teams(Katrina, Bounty, *). I am a firm believer of opening your mind before opening your mouth.

Saints barely won their games. The ones they did win they cheated. Stop sucking their manlogs and get real chump. The best team in the last 10 years went 18-1.

Your blind hatred is showing. This statement is patently false. The Saints had 16 victories from 2009, including the SB and here are the margins:

Game 1: +18

Game 2: +26

Game 3: +20

Game 4: +14

Game 5: +21

Game 6: +12 (1 missed PAT and a missed 2pt conversion)

Game 7: +8

Game 8: +10

Game 9: +5

Game 10: +31

Game 11: +21

Game 12: +3

Game 13: +3

Game 14: -7

Game 15: -3

Game 16: -13 (Div and HFA throughout the playoffs with the #1 seed sown up, starters did not play)

Divisional Playoff: +31

NFCCG: +3

Super Bowl: +14

So, if by barely winning games you mean the Saints avg margin of victory in the regular season was 14.76 ppg and in the post season the avg margin of victory was 16 ppg, then yes, the Saints BARELY won their games by beating their opponents ALLLLLL year long by greater than 2 scores.

Edited by SaintsFanInLA

As much as I hate the Patriots and was ******* ecstatic when they lost the SB in 2007 (I actually bet money on the Giants that year, lol) I have to agree they were the best team of the last 10 years... they were cut short of going 19-0 by probably the most miraculous play in Super Bowl history. Had they sealed the deal that team would be #1 no question. That being said though, I laughed my *** off when that play happened and Eli has been my man ever since.

What makes it even better is he's crushed the hopes and dreams of the Pats TWICE now (betted on the Giants that game too wink.png ). Eli must not have a patriotic bone in his body.

Edited by PantherBlack

As much as I hate the Patriots and was ******* ecstatic when they lost the SB in 2007 (I actually bet money on the Giants that year, lol) I have to agree they were the best team of the last 10 years... they were cut short of going 19-0 by probably the most miraculous play in Super Bowl history. Had they sealed the deal that team would be #1 no question. That being said though, I laughed my *** off when that play happened and Eli has been my man ever since.

What makes it even better is he's crushed the hopes and dreams of the Pats TWICE now (betted on the Giants that game too wink.png ). Eli must not have a patriotic bone in his body.

They were one iffy 4th and 5 defensive holding call against the Ravens of losing in the regular season. Then afterward the Pats scored the winning TD and one of the funniest things in the NFL I have ever seen happened; Bart Scott picks up a penalty flag for and hurls it into the stands.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-7uUjeI1JPY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

But even after Eli's miracle in the SB, Brady threw a pass to Moss that was inches away from being completed and possibly winning the SB and going 19-0.

Your blind hatred is showing. This statement is patently false. The Saints had 16 victories from 2009, including the SB and here are the margins:

Game 1: +18

Game 2: +26

Game 3: +20

Game 4: +14

Game 5: +21

Game 6: +12 (1 missed PAT and a missed 2pt conversion)

Game 7: +8

Game 8: +10

Game 9: +5

Game 10: +31

Game 11: +21

Game 12: +3

Game 13: +3

Game 14: -7

Game 15: -3

Game 16: -13 (Div and HFA throughout the playoffs with the #1 seed sown up, starters did not play)

Divisional Playoff: +31

NFCCG: +3

Super Bowl: +14

So, if by barely winning games you mean the Saints avg margin of victory in the regular season was 14.76 ppg and in the post season the avg margin of victory was 16 ppg, then yes, the Saints BARELY won their games by beating their opponents ALLLLLL year long by greater than 2 scores.

Man why do you have to post facts up in here. Look at what youv'e done. Dude isn't coming back to response now that you shut his pathetic arrse up.

The Saints were good, but they had ALOT of luck that year too. I'd say 03-04 Pats as top 2..going 14-2 2 years in a row and winning the Championship is very tough to do.

Maybe it was too long ago but I'm trying to recall some of that "luck" and I'm coming up with nothing. Help a brotha out.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe it was too long ago but I'm trying to recall some of that "luck" and I'm coming up with nothing. Help a brotha out.

....Well for starters, take a look at the NFCC game from that year. What was it,6 turnovers by the Vikings?....I also remember the way the Redskins screwed up that lead they had against the Saints, you almost never see anything like that. Getting to face us w/o Ryan and Turner in that second game.

....Well for starters, take a look at the NFCC game from that year. What was it,6 turnovers by the Vikings?....I also remember the way the Redskins screwed up that lead they had against the Saints, you almost never see anything like that. Getting to face us w/o Ryan and Turner in that second game.

And who exactly caused those turnovers, Our Lady Of Perpetual Suffering Girls Choir? No, that's not it, it was the Saints.

Listen, I hear this argument ALL of the time while playing chess. "You didn't really beat me, I blundered." My answer is "Yes, you may have blundered but your opponent RECOGNIZED your blunder and took advantage of it. So, you have to give him credit for that." I have seen people NOT take advantage of blunders, so it's not "luck" it's skill to do it. On the drive to take the lead for good, Drew Brees was 8/8 with 8 different receivers and then hit Lance Moore for a 2pt-conversion. Lucky? Nope. Good? Yes.

Edited by SaintsFanInLA

i-get-high-do-you-need-anybody-demotivational-poster-1280186486.jpg

After reading this, coupled with your Super Bowl onside kick thread, I have no response for you. Have a good day.