Cornerback Class

A-TowN.-

Here are my top 15 CB in this draft class. Did this off the top of my head so I may have forgotten someone.

1. Dee Milliner, Alabama

2. Xavier Rhodes, Florida State

3. Jordan Poyer, Oregon State

4. Johnathan Banks, Mississippi State

5. Desmond Trufant, Washington

6. Logan Ryan, Rutgers

7. Robert Alford, South Eastern Louisiana

8. Leon McFadden, San Diego State

9. Blidi Wreh-Wilson, UConn

10. BW Webb, William & Mary

11. Jamar Taylor, Boise State

12. David Amerson, NC State

13. Darius Slay, Mississippi State

14. Will Davis, Utah State

15. Micah Hyde, Iowa

Would love to draft any of them in the top 10, and I think we will draft one of them. It's a very good CB class and almost makes Dunta and Grimes expendable.

I think you are right on with this, it would be really nice to get a guy decently high on this list and cut Dunta. We could improve our team much more by picking up a good FA d-lineman with the money we save on Dunta and drafting one of these CBs. I also think McClain could play on the outside at a higher level than Dunta was last year if necessary, even if temporarily until the rookie was up to full speed.

I think you are right on with this, it would be really nice to get a guy decently high on this list and cut Dunta. We could improve our team much more by picking up a good FA d-lineman with the money we save on Dunta and drafting one of these CBs. I also think McClain could play on the outside at a higher level than Dunta was last year if necessary, even if temporarily until the rookie was up to full speed.

Agreed, but if we took a CB in the first or second I think they would start, all tho I wouldn't mind McClain starting at all, solid player sky is the limit for his potential.

I agree with you both. I think McClain is a little better in coverage than Robinson. And plus I believe he is able to man the outside. If we draft a CB like say Alford, who plays very well in the slot, then we can have Asante and McClain on the outside with Alford in the slot, and being groomed for when Asante leaves. I would really like Logan or Poyer as well, as they can play on the outside as well.

There would be no point in keeping Asante, Grimes, Dunta, and McClain, while also drafting someone. I think we will either keep Dunta or Grimes and draft a CB late OR draft a CB early and roll with Asante, McClain, and the rookie.

We can't draft a CB early and just let him sit behind guys.

Agreed, but if we took a CB in the first or second I think they would start, all tho I wouldn't mind McClain starting at all, solid player sky is the limit for his potential.

I am there with you for the most part, the only minor difference I see is with our defense the nickel is almost a starter anyway and will see significant playing time. I think that would help the rookie to adjust to the NFL game with a little less risk to the defense.

I also like McClain as the #2 corner to start because I trust his tackling more than any of our DBs on the back-end and his ability to set the edge vs the run to his side. I don't think we can afford to take a guy that plays the run well off the field when we go base 4-3, especially with some of the problems we have had defending the run. Now depending on which corner we drafted they could be just as physical and good in run support, but to start I'd go with McClain and re-evaluate a couple weeks into the year.

As far as coverage ability I look at McClain as being a first or second round draft pick to some extent as he has great potential that needs to be developed a little bit more. Biggest difference between him and one of the more high profile rookies though being he already has some NFL playing time under his belt and in our scheme.

I agree with you both. I think McClain is a little better in coverage than Robinson. And plus I believe he is able to man the outside. If we draft a CB like say Alford, who plays very well in the slot, then we can have Asante and McClain on the outside with Alford in the slot, and being groomed for when Asante leaves. I would really like Logan or Poyer as well, as they can play on the outside as well.

There would be no point in keeping Asante, Grimes, Dunta, and McClain, while also drafting someone. I think we will either keep Dunta or Grimes and draft a CB late OR draft a CB early and roll with Asante, McClain, and the rookie.

We can't draft a CB early and just let him sit behind guys.

Right on, we need guys who can jump into the fire and make an impact now, not sit on the bench and develop like it seems we do with many players.

Here are my top 15 CB in this draft class. Did this off the top of my head so I may have forgotten someone.

1. Dee Milliner, Alabama

2. Xavier Rhodes, Florida State

3. Jordan Poyer, Oregon State

4. Johnathan Banks, Mississippi State

5. Desmond Trufant, Washington

6. Logan Ryan, Rutgers

7. Robert Alford, South Eastern Louisiana

8. Leon McFadden, San Diego State

9. Blidi Wreh-Wilson, UConn

10. BW Webb, William & Mary

11. Jamar Taylor, Boise State

12. David Amerson, NC State

13. Darius Slay, Mississippi State

14. Will Davis, Utah State

15. Micah Hyde, Iowa

Would love to draft any of them in the top 10, and I think we will draft one of them. It's a very good CB class and almost makes Dunta and Grimes expendable.

pass da bowl, dawg.

Amerson being rated this low is a crime.