Can We Really Afford Any Good Fa?

VaderMan

The latest report I saw had us at 1.7 mill under the cap. I realize by releasing Turner and Dunta we get a nice chunk of change. Will it be enough to:

Resign- Baker, Grimes, and Moore

Tender all 3 restricted FAs - McClain, Palmer, Smith

possibly resign - Walker and Owens

I honestly feel we need to do all of the above. If we did, would that leave enough to bring in any FA that would truly make a difference? I can honestly see signing Baker, and a deal with Grimes maybe more favorable now that he is coming off injury. If a deal cant be worked out with Moore, he will see the franchise tag...count on that! No way TD let him just walk away.

Yes we will have enough to bring back Baker, Moore, McClain . We also have some room to bring back Tony G as well but that is it . There have been talks Falcons will franchise Moore and cost us 7 million against the cap but I am thinking long term deal . If Tony G does stay retired

We could make a run at a mid level free agent . Outside that Falcons don't have much cap room to wiggle . Expect the same Falcons team in 2013 . Just minus Turner, Dunta and Tony G and our draft picks