My Ideal Pick At 30.

Creative

hi-res-6694408_crop_exact.jpg?w=650&h=440&q=85

Arthur Brown, LB, Kansas State

He's going to be a beast in the NFL. Would give us that added athleticism that we need along with Spoon at LB. The days of giving up 130 yards to the Zach Miller's of the word are gone. All joking aside, he's very quick, can cover, tackle, plays well in space. Biggest knack is his size (some people want to move him to safety), but I think he'd work at OLB. My preference for 2013 would be Spoon / Nicholas / Brown, with Dent as depth.

Anybody have opinions on this? Btw, we'd be fortunate if he's even there at 30.

Edited by Creative

Sorry OP I'd take Alec Ogletree over your man Brown.

Reason well I guess I'm a sold on him and I been watching alot of Ogletree film of late against SEC teams and it seems to me the bigger the game the better Ogletree seemed to play his highlight footage against Bama has me locked on Ogletree.I personally think he's a starting Will LBer day 1 for the Falcon's.

Edited by kiwifalcon

Why not trade back and grab him? Might mock that next.

You really shouldn't IMO. I mean true this is a powerhouse of a draft year, but you have 8-9 piks as is. Make the most of each one and get to business.

If Brown moves to the first, you let someone else overreact, but you won't hear me booing if we grab him. I think it would be irresponsible not to still take a DE and a DT, probably DE twice in this draft though.

Reason well I guess I'm a sold on him and I been watching alot of Ogletree film of late against SEC teams and it seems to me the bigger the game the better Ogletree seemed to play his highlight footage against Bama has me locked on Ogletree.I personally think he's a starting Will LBer day 1 for the Falcon's.

Love him, but I don't think he's there at 30. :(

You really shouldn't IMO. I mean true this is a powerhouse of a draft year, but you have 8-9 piks as is. Make the most of each one and get to business.

If Brown moves to the first, you let someone else overreact, but you won't hear me booing if we grab him. I think it would be irresponsible not to still take a DE and a DT, probably DE twice in this draft though.

You don't think in a loaded draft like this one trading back is a good idea? If this guy is going in the mid-to-late second and we want him, what's the point of not picking up an extra pick in the process?

I still prefer Ogletree, but price to value needs to be looked at and the price to get Ogletree may be steep. The value of Brown may be slightly less, but his price will be GREATLY more affordable.

You don't think in a loaded draft like this one trading back is a good idea? If this guy is going in the mid-to-late second and we want him, what's the point of not picking up an extra pick in the process?

I still prefer Ogletree, but price to value needs to be looked at and the price to get Ogletree may be steep. The value of Brown may be slightly less, but his price will be GREATLY more affordable.

Its tempting, even in the position we are at. Sure, I wouldn't mind, but I don't see the need in doing it.

EDIT: Sometimes trying to be overly clever can backfire in a draft. There won't be another like this one for a while. The dropoff is at 3-4 rounds, though not severe, is still a drop off. Next year isn't going to be nearly as good.

I'm of the addage if there is a player you want and he fits what you want to do go get him unlike most I don't think we have alot of holes.

I really think the defense only really needs 3 players a DT,DE & a LBer.The latter of the 2 are more important to me I think we can get a run stuffer later on in the 3rd.

Where do you play Spoon... Mike or Sam?

Wether it be a DE, RB, DT, LBer, waddever at #30, it just needs to be a difference maker, a guy that can improve us right away, which Lacy sure as fk would ...just no more Ja98s or Pariah Jellys PLEASE .....I want a DE, but I sure as heck do not want to reach for one, and picking a leftover like Hunt just to get a DE would be a total disaster IMO ....