Geoff Schwartz

hjerry

The Vikings and impending free agent G/T Geoff Schwartz are expected to "move on" from each other.

Schwartz signed a one-year deal last offseason, but lost out to Brandon Fusco for the starting right guard spot after Schwartz was sidelined for upwards of a month during the summer with a sports hernia. He missed the entire 2011 season due to hip surgery, but in 2010, Schwartz started all 16 games for the Panthers and proved to be a solid run blocker. He's looking for a starting job. Feb 5 - 4:03 PM

I know that I'm not the only one that's interested in this guy as a prospect. He signed a one year deal with the Vikings last year for less than a mil. IMO, he would be a great pickup, even if we do resign Reynolds, and, if he pans out, that's one less need.

I personally think we will resign Garrett Reynolds.... The guy improved in his second year.. I dont see a reason why he wouldnt continue to improve but ill say this.... If Geoff Schwartz can stay healthy... He is the type of low cost high potential type guy i would like us to go after.. The guy can be a good guard.

I personally think we will resign Garrett Reynolds.... The guy improved in his second year.. I dont see a reason why he wouldnt continue to improve but ill say this.... If Geoff Schwartz can stay healthy... He is the type of low cost high potential type guy i would like us to go after.. The guy can be a good guard.

I really see Schwartz as a Clabo type, someone that can play RT or RG and be dominant at either, and, at this stage in his career, I think Clabo would benefit greatly from having a clone of himself playing to his left.

As for Reynolds, I'm kinda split. Based solely on his 2012 play, I'm not sure that he's the answer, but if he can do for his run blocking this offseason, what he did for his pass blocking last offseason, and without slipping in other areas, then I'm all for it. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see him sign a Decoud style "prove it" deal, where he only gets payed later on in the deal after he proves that he can be everything that the coaching staff wants him to be.