Rotoworld Post Superbowl Mock Draft

If i've said it once i've said it a million times. Travis Kelce.

30. Atlanta Falcons -- TE Travis Kelce, Cincinnati

This will surprise some, but as an inline option I prefer Kelce to Eifert. I need to give credit to Dane Brugler os CBS Sports for calling Kelce the class’ top senior tight end a couple months ago. He would have shown everyone that ability at the Senior Bowl, but Kelce is extremely talented. This might not be popular right now, but throughout the process expect Kelce to be introduced in the top-50 discussion.

Edited by Clark Kent

Him at 30 ? come on man that won't happen, for one we probably won't be going TE for two even if Kelce will be high on TD's draft board they won't take him in the first he has a third/second round grade, that would be pure stupidity.

You have no clue if we go TE early or not. Just because some team has him as a 2nd or 3rd round grade doesn't mean TD will have him there. He has reached for players way before their grade. Holmes had a LATE round grade. He might even had a UDFA grade and we took him pretty early. The guy even mentioned how his stock is going to continue to rise throughout the draft process. If he goes to the combine and runs a projected 4.6-4.7 this his stock is going to soar. Lol pure stupidity

how is it not ? you literally just said yourself it will be a reach? why would you reach in the first round ? come on now, everyone under the sun knows this team needs defense, even if TE is a need their are a ton in free agency and their is a ton in the draft. No reason to reach at 30 for a guy that most teams have rater as a second and third round player.

how is it not ? you literally just said yourself it will be a reach? why would you reach in the first round ? come on now, everyone under the sun knows this team needs defense, even if TE is a need their are a ton in free agency and their is a ton in the draft. No reason to reach at 30 for a guy that most teams have rater as a second and third round player.

I never said he was a reach. Where did i say that? You claimed he has a 2nd-3rd round grade RIGHT NOW. Well this writer seems to agree he will be a top 50 player by the time the draft process is near its end. A guy who has Gronkowski level potential would be WELL worth the pick. And TD has "reached" before

You have no clue if we go TE early or not. Just because some team has him as a 2nd or 3rd round grade doesn't mean TD will have him there. He has reached for players way before their grade. Holmes had a LATE round grade. He might even had a UDFA grade and we took him pretty early. The guy even mentioned how his stock is going to continue to rise throughout the draft process. If he goes to the combine and runs a projected 4.6-4.7 this his stock is going to soar. Lol pure stupidity

NFL scout consensus on Holmes was 4th round and TD took him late 3rd- that's not much of a reach.

How do you know teams have him as a second or third rounder?

I never said he was a reach. Where did i say that? You claimed he has a 2nd-3rd round grade RIGHT NOW. Well this writer seems to agree he will be a top 50 player by the time the draft process is near its end. A guy who has Gronkowski level potential would be WELL worth the pick. And TD has "reached" before

so a guy not in the top 50 we should draft at 30 ? makes sense, it's reach no matter how you look at it, Eifert and Ertz are the top two ranked for a reason, and basically he will have good combine numbers right ? so we should judge them off that ? interesting, Me personally I like to look at the volume of work they did in college, Eifert in this system would be a solid pro bowl TE, not saying kelce wouldn't be but the risk of taking Eifert at 30 since he's the top rated for his position far out weighs reaching for a TE that is top 5 in the first round.

I'm still not positive we draft early TE at all. I am positive that we want to replace TGs production (or supplement it if he goes 1 more year). I still think we go WR early. A big , fast YAC monster.

We are woefully thin past JJ and Roddy. Yes, I know having 2 number 1s are a luxury. But we relly ont have a legit #3 ...HD is not consistent. Him as a #1 or #2 option would be horrid

We go wr early

I'm still not positive we draft early TE at all. I am positive that we want to replace TGs production (or supplement it if he goes 1 more year). I still think we go WR early. A big , fast YAC monster.

We are woefully thin past JJ and Roddy. Yes, I know having 2 number 1s are a luxury. But we relly ont have a legit #3 ...HD is not consistent. Him as a #1 or #2 option would be horrid

We go wr early

awful idea. we can pick up a capable #3 late.

so a guy not in the top 50 we should draft at 30 ? makes sense, it's reach no matter how you look at it, Eifert and Ertz are the top two ranked for a reason, and basically he will have good combine numbers right ? so we should judge them off that ? interesting, Me personally I like to look at the volume of work they did in college, Eifert in this system would be a solid pro bowl TE, not saying kelce wouldn't be but the risk of taking Eifert at 30 since he's the top rated for his position far out weighs reaching for a TE that is top 5 in the first round.

You obviously are not understanding. You don't know where his stock will be once it is all said and done. Some think he right now is the best overall TE prospect. You need to get the "reach" business out of your mind. Its too early to say anything about that. His grade has already went from 4th on alot of peoples board. The guy was not used very much and Cinci. Teams will "reach" on a player if he is higher on THEIR board. Teams don't go by Kiper and McShays draft board bro.

Eifert and Ertz are nowhere near the blocker that Kelce is

Oh look another guy saying he could be the best TE in the draft.

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/42294/321/Watch-Out-For-TE-Kelce

Now if someone doesn't want to go TE early that is totally understandable, but don't say we won't draft him cause you think he is a reach.

I think we go defense first. TD tried to pry Charles Johnson away from Carolina which tells me TD knows we need a pass rush. I like Kelce but not in the first.

exactly. That, and the fact that we went out and signed Ray Ray who didn't work out. Obviously they know there is a great need at the DE position. They have been trying to fill it for a few years now. We need to draft along the D line badly and Its beyond hilarious for anyone to think we are going TE in the first round.

Wrong lol draftscout has him 6-7th

http://www.nfldrafts...=2012&genpos=OT

You've got a site with him ranked lower. So?

not going to bother finding the link, there's a site that has a NFL scouts consensus that had the NFL scouts rating him a 4th rounder. Getting somebody late 3rd round that NFL scout say is a 4th rounder is not a huge reach.

You've got a site with him ranked lower. So?

not going to bother finding the link, there's a site that has a NFL scouts consensus that had the NFL scouts rating him a 4th rounder. Getting somebody late 3rd round that NFL scout say is a 4th rounder is not a huge reach.

I'd like to see a link. And your consensus is no different than a site I posted. What makes your link any better? No one knows what our draft board looks like. We don't go by analysts draft boards. And me saying a guy like Kelce wouldn't be a reach at 30 if the talk is him being in the top 50.

Explain how Holmes wasn't a reach and Kelce would if he is projected to be gone before our 2nd round pick.

Lamar Holmes CONSENSUS 249th best player

http://walterfootball.com/draft2012consensusOT.php

Anything else?

Edited by Clark Kent

Can't wait till combine. Some of you guys are going to change your mock draft. If we see a flurry for defense position I would be glad to pick up TE that has crazy range or a new rg that can compliment our new rb. Some of the gm has pushed the panic button and moved up to pick their players so it all depends on how desperate coaches get...I hope on our first pick that they will be a pro bowl caliber player.

Don't know much about Kelce, seems to have nice measurables, but this pick will change when TG comes back.

No chance we're spending a pick our first pick on a second TE when we desperately need a RB, DE, DT, and even top shelf CB help more.

Plus, the top TEs in next year's draft (ASJ from Washington, CJ from Iowa) would be the top 2 TEs in this year's draft, imo. So we luck out in terms of getting the top talents in the game at positions of need when we need them.