What To Do With Dunta

57 members have voted

1. 1. What do we do with Dunta?

• Cut
    • Restructure
    • Keep at the same price
    • Sign to new contract

From dunte robinson- oh you want a first down here take ten on me, oh and ill throw in a bonus, ill launch myself at you, make contact, but slide off like you were buttered down wink.png.

Cut this waste of cap space now!!!!

ssippi do you have him replaced? Can we just take our chances on a draft pick

or somebody off the street? You would think the guy might have learned something

knocking himself out with his current tackling style that a change might make him a

better player. Where he doesn't "slide off like they are buttered down".

If we do go in a different direction, I hope it will be somebody 6' tall with arms long

enough to wrap up with. Every college team in the country seems to be able to find

tall corners and here we are in the NFL with jr. high size corners that still can't cover.

Dunta Roninson is the weak link in our secondary. Constantly gives up ten yards per at the very least, gets beat on double moves constantly, and gets destroyed in the redzone.

That's not true. The weak link in the secondary was the OLBs that couldn't cover me. Robinson > Asante > McClain. If you guys didn't hate Dunta so much, you would see that...

Edited by Optimus*Crimes

LB'S are apart of the front seven not the secondary first of all.

Second, Asante> Moore> Mclain > toss up between Decoud and Dunta.

You're right, they are the front seven. But Magically, they were the ones getting absolutely demolished. Hence the reason the TEs were the leading receivers. Also, I have no clue what team you watched this year. Asante made some plays, but he also got torched plenty of times. Thats what you get with Asante. Robinson was the most consistent.

McClain was good, but thats a relative term. He was good, for a guy who wasn't supposed to be a starter. He got beat plenty too. Had some nice plays, but he wasn't better than Dunta.

Moore and DeCoud were the same. Made some horrible plays in coverage, made some very good plays in coverage. Got torched a few times too. I wouldn't include them in the overall comparison of the CBs, they were more like LBs for us, hence the high tackle totals.

Like I said, Dunta was the best CB. You guys hate to admit that, and will find any reason to knock the guy. Watch the tape, and you'll see. As far as him playing off, they all do. Asante lined up 15yds off of guys. Do I like his contract? Nope, pretty expensive. But he wasn't as bad as you guys make him sound. It's not like he's out there getting beat like Nic or Owens...

You're right, they are the front seven. But Magically, they were the ones getting absolutely demolished. Hence the reason the TEs were the leading receivers. Also, I have no clue what team you watched this year. Asante made some plays, but he also got torched plenty of times. Thats what you get with Asante. Robinson was the most consistent.

McClain was good, but thats a relative term. He was good, for a guy who wasn't supposed to be a starter. He got beat plenty too. Had some nice plays, but he wasn't better than Dunta.

Moore and DeCoud were the same. Made some horrible plays in coverage, made some very good plays in coverage. Got torched a few times too. I wouldn't include them in the overall comparison of the CBs, they were more like LBs for us, hence the high tackle totals.

Like I said, Dunta was the best CB. You guys hate to admit that, and will find any reason to knock the guy. Watch the tape, and you'll see. As far as him playing off, they all do. Asante lined up 15yds off of guys. Do I like his contract? Nope, pretty expensive. But he wasn't as bad as you guys make him sound. It's not like he's out there getting beat like Nic or Owens...

Thank you sir. Nicely said