Did Not Know This About Tony Gonzalez...amazing

Falcon Man™

When he comes back. No he did not JINX him, you just did. Tony has had some turnovers by letting balls get threw his hands in the past. This year was a stellar year though. Year before not so much. I remember about 5 or 6 picks from balls going threw is hands.

Edited by high impact

When he comes back. No he did not JINX him, you just did. Tony has had some turnovers by letting balls get threw his hands in the past. This year was a stellar year though. Year before not so much. I remember about 5 or 6 picks from balls going threw is hands.

Isnt a pick a interception? Not a fumble? Thought we were just talking about fumbles. Calm down grasshopper

lol, that's because he has zero YAC. He catches the ball, runs backwards a yard a two, runs forward a yard or two and then gets tackled. A lot of fumbles come from being tackled from the blindside or behind. They also happen while you're breaking tackles or trying to elude a defender. That's something he hasnt done too well in some years. He's still the greatest tightend of all time right now because he's excellent at catching the ball. But he doesn't fumble because he doesn't go anywhere after he makes the catch.

Edited by Numbaz

lol, that's because he has zero YAC. He catches the ball, runs backwards a yard a two, runs forward a yard or two and then gets tackled. A lot of fumbles come from being tackled from the blindside or behind. They also happen while you're breaking tackles or trying to elude a defender. That's something he hasnt done too well in some years. He's still the greatest tightend of all time right now because he's excellent at catching the ball. But he doesn't fumble because he doesn't go anywhere after he makes the catch.

I would say it is a stretch to say he doesn't go anywhere after he catches the ball. It's not like he has a ton of time when defenses swarm to the ball like they do with him.

You people make me laugh at your efforts to discount his accomplishments. SMH...

yup, no YAC at all. especially on te finally grab against the seahawks.

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

You must be watching another Tony or something.

Cause the Tony I saw would drop back a yard or two, and then make a mad gain at getting extra yardage almost every time

I would say it is a stretch to say he doesn't go anywhere after he catches the ball. It's not like he has a ton of time when defenses swarm to the ball like they do with him.

You people make me laugh at your efforts to discount his accomplishments. SMH...

You people what are you trying to say here. I like Tony and think he is the best TE. He has done some VERY AMAZING thnigs. He does not fumble but he has turned the ball over in other ways. I still think he is the best. No one is perfect. I like what you said, sorry if I upset you

You must be watching another Tony or something.

Cause the Tony I saw would drop back a yard or two, and then make a mad gain at getting extra yardage almost every time

Tony G finished 13th in YAC for a TE

not really good for a guy who finished 2nd in receptions for TE

You people what are you trying to say here. I like Tony and think he is the best TE. He has done some VERY AMAZING thnigs. He does not fumble but he has turned the ball over in other ways. I still think he is the best. No one is perfect. I like what you said, sorry if I upset you

Not upset. I would argue that you could analyze every receiver in the league for these "turning the ball over in other ways" that you speak of and Tony will still come out on top.

I call a spade a spade. I didn't discount his accomplishments. I said he is the greatest te of all time. You missed that part? When does a defense not swarm the ball on any player after they make a catch? They see Vernon Davis and say, "oh we're just going to let him run 5 or 6 more yards."

I never said that Tony G. isn't a great TE or he needs to retire. I stated why he doesn't fumble the ball.

Edited by Numbaz

I call a spade a spade. I didn't discount his accomplishments. I said he is the greatest te of all time. You missed that part? When does a defense not swarm the ball on any player after they catch the ball? They see Vernon Davis and say, "oh we're just going to let him run 5 or 6 yards."

I never said that Tony G. isn't a great TE or he needs to retire. I stated why he doesn't fumble the ball.

Well that is if they play the Falcons. Sorry it had to be said.

My bad make the 10 to 15+ yards.

Edited by high impact

I call a spade a spade. I didn't discount his accomplishments. I said he is the greatest te of all time. You missed that part? When does a defense not swarm the ball on any player after they make a catch? They see Vernon Davis and say, "oh we're just going to let him run 5 or 6 more yards."

I appreciate your opinion but I still think it discredits this accomplishment. The rules apply for everyone.