Real Changes For Next Year

New Hope Eagle

First, let me say thet San Frans season ended just like ours did. The ball in their hand with a chance to win so close to the endzone. harbaugh pissed that that one play was not called holding or pass interference but was obviously OK with the calls 2 weeks prior that should have given the falcons a first down on 2 plays.

Now to the meat of the post. Lets start with the coach.

Smitty needs to work on the following and in no specific order.

1. Put teams out when they are down. he lets up way too much.

2. Clock management.

3. Dont be afraid to pull players. (Remember Franks punt return ability)

4. Dont coach scared.

On Offense.

OLine. I think we are 1 OLineman away

RB. need a gamechanger

On Defense.

Need a pass rushing DE and a run stopping, clog the middle NT.

LB's that can tackle.

Secondary. Fix the Dline and these guys will rock.

these areas get upgraded and we will be awesome next season.

If we could maintain our energy level, nobody could beat us. This team has a habit of getting ahead then just sputtering out by the end. Maybe it was our conditioning, but it definitely wasn't playing scared. Even if we were we wouldn't blow double digit leads in back to back weeks.

First, let me say thet San Frans season ended just like ours did. The ball in their hand with a chance to win so close to the endzone. harbaugh pissed that that one play was not called holding or pass interference but was obviously OK with the calls 2 weeks prior that should have given the falcons a first down on 2 plays.

2. Clock management.

4. Dont coach scared.

On Offense.

RB. need a gamechanger

On Defense.

LB's that can tackle.

Good post and exactly what we need.

If we could maintain our energy level, nobody could beat us. This team has a habit of getting ahead then just sputtering out by the end. Maybe it was our conditioning, but it definitely wasn't playing scared. Even if we were we wouldn't blow double digit leads in back to back weeks.

I think this is a result of Smitty expecting our guys to play without emotion. You can only sustain that performance level for so long without having your emotions help sustain it. I think that's part of why looked so flat in the 3rd Quarter.

Gonzo has something to play for.

TD and Smitty have to get the final pieces for this Team so

Tony will have no doubt that the team is complete, not only

with the starting roster, but the depth charts as well.

We are very very close.

If we have a solid draft this year we will be there.

I agree with New Hope Eagle...Smitty does need to develop a killer instinct as well as we do need some DL help and LB help. I honestly think our secondary is as good as its been in a while. I do think Grimes will be resigned as well as D-Rob restructured. He isn't a ball hawk but he is a big hitting cornerback and Nolan needs that in his secondary. You put him in the slot along with McClain and you have a great secondary.

2. Clock management.

4. Dont coach scared.

On Offense.

RB. need a gamechanger

On Defense.

LB's that can tackle.

I approve this post.

Jacks-Ass_zpsb3fed2a9.jpg

Yes, quizz prolly can roll witht the ball most if we had that badazz gaurd to get push iwth konz - and get to second level, all he needs is a little hole, if we get that gaurd, we may not even mess with running back - and put everything towards Def

On Offense.

On Defense.

LB's that can tackle.

I agree.

I do find it a bit disheartening, though, that these are the exact same problems we had five years ago, and they still haven't been solved. Clearly, the current philosophy, while it's translated to an awesome level of success, is lacking in these key areas. As a result, there's going to have to be a fundamental change in approach if we honestly expect these issues to finally be laid to rest. Perhaps the input of new coordinators provides that necessary change, but who knows?

Edited by bfarmer1980

I agree.

I do find it a bit disheartening, though, that these are the exact same problems we had five years ago, and they still haven't been solved. Clearly, the current philosophy, while it's translated to an awesome level of success, is lacking in these key areas. As a result, there's going to have to be a fundamental change in approach if we honestly expect these issues to finally be laid to rest. Perhaps the input of new coordinators provides that necessary change, but who knows?

I trust your last statement will come to fruition...

I think this is a result of Smitty expecting our guys to play without emotion. You can only sustain that performance level for so long without having your emotions help sustain it. I think that's part of why looked so flat in the 3rd Quarter.

You have to have someone like Ray Lewis constantly reminding everyone that you have play with fierce emotion all FOUR QUARTERS.