I Honestly Think We Should Re-Sign Grimes

ChickenBiscuit

I think Brent Grimes will test the market, most definitely, and I think he'll come back when he realizes he's lost so much market value.

Listen, I know Dunta is taking up cap space, but I feel if he were restructured, or even if he weren't, we'd be a much improved defense.

Think about it, we'd have Dunta in the nickel, Grimes and Asante on the outside and WillyMo and the ever-improving DeCoud on the middle of the field.

If we were able to pick up a pass-covering OLB/MLB and/or a great DE I think it would be a fantastic offseason.

When you have DBs that good, it will help to take pressure off of the aging Abraham and help our rookie DEs get that extra split second that they needed to get to that QB.

If we re-sign Grimes to a affordable deal, go DE, TE, DT, RB (You can switch #3 and #4) I feel like we'll be one of the best, if not the best team in the league come the 2013 season.

We got close, just like the 49ers did, and history is written by the victors. I feel like a lot of people are overreacting to 4 yards, and like to highlight the flaws of our team without highlighting the great parts of it too. Ryan has improved every single year, our pass protection improved exponentially(we held off the 49ers way better than the Ravens). We just need Reynolds back so we can put Konz at Center.

If we improve, I don't think there's a **** thing that can hold us back barring a Matt Ryan injury or a season-ending Julio/Roddy injury (worst luck for Atlanta fans ever).

Side note: Braves are also looking pretty good. Just thought I'd say that.

If he comes at a reasonable price I am all for it, if not I would even be willing to go into the season with Asante, McClain and Owens... if we spend the money on front 7.

Owens? Oh no, we can't afford that inconsistency. At least in my opinion, we can't.

Owens got torn up against the Saints, I don't really need him in, plus he's not a good tackler like Dunta.

That's what most people are hoping for. I want Grimes back if we can afford him. This is a business though. It's too many desperate teams that don't have one corner at all. We have three, I don't think we can keep all of them especially with McClain iching for his shot. I'll miss Grimes but we have to move on.

Dunta(reconstructered contract)

Asante(2 solid years left and cheap)

McClain(Up and coming in the slot for cheap)

Owens

Drafted player

Franks cut

I read somewhere don't remember where, still trying to find it that Grimes was willing to sign a one year contract for a bit less money to prove he's worth long term money, but this doesn't make sense to me due to the fact he's 29 and will be 30 going into next year, unless he wants a 4 year deal or something like that after this year, I would defiantly take grimes over robinson tho.

I read somewhere don't remember where, still trying to find it that Grimes was willing to sign a one year contract for a bit less money to prove he's worth long term money, but this doesn't make sense to me due to the fact he's 29 and will be 30 going into next year, unless he wants a 4 year deal or something like that after this year, I would defiantly take grimes over robinson tho.

Why? Dunta got a lot better and Grimes is always injured.

Owens got torn up against the Saints, I don't really need him in, plus he's not a good tackler like Dunta.

Maybe we weren't watching the same game, but C.O. was amazing against the Saints in the Dome.

He's a good, cheap depth option, great speed, and probably the second most versatile corner we're currently sitting on behind McClain.

I don't see Grimes being effective as a starter 2 years from now. He77, who's to say he will be effective coming back from his injury. He relies on his physical attributes so much due to his size. Take away even a tiny bit of his speed and he's going to be toast. I love the guy but I think we can afford to let someone else take the gamble if he wants to break the bank so to speak. I'd prefer to put the money into the lines and let Dunta, Asante and our nickles Owens and Mcclain fight it out

Maybe we weren't watching the same game, but C.O. was amazing against the Saints in the Dome.

He's a good, cheap depth option, great speed, and probably the second most versatile corner we're currently sitting on behind McClain.

Yeah, maybe we were watching a different game because I seem to remember him getting torched a few times, by Lance Moore twice I believe.

Any video on him being "amazing"? I tend to save that for the multi-INT kinda games.

Guest Negatorris

I doubt he asks for too much with the injuries he's suffered back to back. He'd be crazy to do so, and should get the boot if he does.

I think Brent Grimes will test the market, most definitely, and I think he'll come back when he realizes he's lost so much market value.

Listen, I know Dunta is taking up cap space, but I feel if he were restructured, or even if he weren't, we'd be a much improved defense.

Think about it, we'd have Dunta in the nickel, Grimes and Asante on the outside and WillyMo and the ever-improving DeCoud on the middle of the field.

If we were able to pick up a pass-covering OLB/MLB and/or a great DE I think it would be a fantastic offseason.

When you have DBs that good, it will help to take pressure off of the aging Abraham and help our rookie DEs get that extra split second that they needed to get to that QB.

If we re-sign Grimes to a affordable deal, go DE, TE, DT, RB (You can switch #3 and #4) I feel like we'll be one of the best, if not the best team in the league come the 2013 season.

We got close, just like the 49ers did, and history is written by the victors. I feel like a lot of people are overreacting to 4 yards, and like to highlight the flaws of our team without highlighting the great parts of it too. Ryan has improved every single year, our pass protection improved exponentially(we held off the 49ers way better than the Ravens). We just need Reynolds back so we can put Konz at Center.

If we improve, I don't think there's a **** thing that can hold us back barring a Matt Ryan injury or a season-ending Julio/Roddy injury (worst luck for Atlanta fans ever).

Side note: Braves are also looking pretty good. Just thought I'd say that.

I've thought about this also but I don't want Dunta playing inside when we have a guy in Mclain that will Die Harder than Bruce Willis and do as good a job at the Nickel.

I think we squeeze hard here let Dunta and Grimes walk and go to the draft for a starter and bring in a vet.

My only provisor is getting Grimes at a decent sought of $$$ number.

DE is a must I don't care how beg borrow steal it but get someone in here to help Abe.

leaving out the fact that we have a salary cap in this league - obviously thats what everyone would want, we will find out how generous grimes and Dunta are, because if they are so tight as we keep hearing, they will both resign for much less than they are, but that is hard to see happening,

Grimes peroid aint gonna be signed unless he passes some rigorous physical testing his leaping and push off ability -

leaving out the fact that we have a salary cap in this league - obviously thats what everyone would want, we will find out how generous grimes and Dunta are, because if they are so tight as we keep hearing, they will both resign for much less than they are, but that is hard to see happening,

Grimes peroid aint gonna be signed unless he passes some rigorous physical testing his leaping and push off ability -

Yep , Grimes will have to really show up and prove the trainers and Drs he is back. Two injuries in a row that seriously affect his ability to play like he used to. I hope to god he has been working A.Peterson style to get back to normal. If he lost his ups then he isn't worth it at all.

Yea but people keep thinking Grimes will pick up where he left off. I hope he does, but I'm not willing to gamble releasing Dunta on the off chance.

Who said release Dunta right now? I don't know how Grimes recovery is, but he is still a Falcon so I a sure that our FO has good idea where he is at. The injury happend so early in the season he could be nearly recovered. If not yet then they definitely have a time table and he will definitely be fully healed by preseason. Probably sooner.

Who said release Dunta right now? I don't know how Grimes recovery is, but he is still a Falcon so I a sure that our FO has good idea where he is at. The injury happend so early in the season he could be nearly recovered. If not yet then they definitely have a time table and he will definitely be fully healed by preseason. Probably sooner.

It is the two injuries combined and lack of actually playing or working out with the team that worries me. To just simply think everyone is capable of an AP style return after such devastating injuries is naive. What made Grimes great was his athleticism , his ability to get up and disrupt passes. If he lost that then he is worthless.

It is the two injuries combined and lack of actually playing or working out with the team that worries me. To just simply think everyone is capable of an AP style return after such devastating injuries is naive. What made Grimes great was his athleticism , his ability to get up and disrupt passes. If he lost that then he is worthless.

All that is common sense. Unless you weren't intending that post to me. I am not saying I expect an AP like return. And yes i think everyone knows that his athleticism is imperative for him to be like he once was, but i'm also not writing him off so quickly.

He is stil a part of the team. Our FO knows exactly where he is and they aren't just going to release him or sign him without seeing how he has recovered.