Drob & Ja55

xSICKxWITHxITx

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution mentions RCB Dunta Robinson as a restructure candidate.

SLB Stephen Nicholas and RT Tyson Clabo were also names that were listed as potential restructure possibilities. Robinson has an $8 million base salary for 2013, and will count a little over $9 million against the 2013 cap. Nicholas will earn a meager $2.5 million, while Clabo is due $4.5 million. As it stands right now, the Falcons have about $1.7 million in cap space.

Related: Tyson Clabo, Stephen Nicholas

Source: D. Orlando Ledbetter on Twitter Feb 4 - 6:45 PM

Player Outlook

Game Log

Career Stats

Draft Advice

John Abraham - DL - Falcons

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution names John Abraham as a potential candidate for release.

The Falcons don't have much cap space, and they have a couple of contracts to hand out this offseason, one to Matt Ryan, who has one year left on his deal, and free agents SS William Moore and LT Sam Baker. Losing Abraham would be a major loss since he's the team's only legitimate pass rusher. Atlanta mustered up just 29 sacks in 2012, and Abraham had ten of them. The Falcons could save $10.4 million by cutting Abraham and Michael Turner.

Source: D. Orlando Ledbetter on Twitter Feb 4 - 6:35 PM

I just dont see Abe being cut. His lack of production in the playoffs was Smittys fault. As it is he is our only pass rusher worth a crap. Unless they bring in someone else who is guaranteed to play well ( impossible ) then no way.

Thing is we do cut him, we gonna have to pay any decent FA DE just as much, plus either way we got to draft one high as well, makes zero sense to do this ....

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

Why did I just read this?

So much falsehood and stupidness in that article.

Sick with it.......I'm upset you posted this.

Release Abraham and sign who?

I'm not buying it. We've been looking for a pass-rusher for about four years now to replace him. I just don't see the squad letting him go without another proven replace already on the roster now. That plus he gives a 10 sacks a season for super cheap. If Chris Owens is still on the squad, there's no way in h311 Abe gets cut.

Thing is we do cut him, we gonna have to pay any decent FA DE just as much, plus either way we got to draft one high as well, makes zero sense to do this ....

perhaps, but at least the guy we bring in will be more than a situational pass rusher with injury concerns. we could pay 7M to a guy that plays a 1/3rd of the snaps or 5-6M to a guy that could play twice as much. We could also potentially sign a FA that still has more than a few good years left. We are going to have to replace Abe sooner rather than later, might as well do it now instead of wasting 7M on a purely situational pass rusher.

perhaps, but at least the guy we bring in will be more than a situational pass rusher with injury concerns. we could pay 7M to a guy that plays a 1/3rd of the snaps or 5-6M to a guy that could play twice as much. We could also potentially sign a FA that still has more than a few good years left. We are going to have to replace Abe sooner rather than later, might as well do it now instead of wasting 7M on a purely situational pass rusher.

Who though ? ....Avril would break the bank, Johnson prolly wont be available, I would rather keep him and sign a guy like Michael Bennett on the cheaper, plus draft one ...we can not just assume we can cut him and automatically replace his 10 sacks ....

But who is that guy? We've been looking for that potential pass-rusher for about five years and haven't found him. Why would we get rid of Abe without his replacement. I just don't see it. Maybe if Ray Edwards wasn't a bum.

Who though ? ....Avril would break the bank, Johnson prolly wont be available, I would rather keep him and sign a guy like Michael Bennett on the cheaper, plus draft one ...we can not just assume we can cut him and automatically replace his 10 sacks ....

I'd settle for 5 sacks and consistent pressure, we already need two starting caliber DE's with Abe on the roster it doesn't make sense to pay two DEs to start and then pay Abe 7M to play part time. Even if we draft a guy that can start and keep Abe we would still need another DE capable of starting, unless of course they decide to let Abe go because they want to move to a 3-4 base.

I'd settle for 5 sacks and consistent pressure, we already need two starting caliber DE's with Abe on the roster it doesn't make sense to pay two DEs to start and then pay Abe 7M to play part time. Even if we draft a guy that can start and keep Abe we would still need another DE capable of starting, unless of course they decide to let Abe go because they want to move to a 3-4 base.

Man WTF Sidbury, we needed him or one of the other young guys to rise but none did leaving us in this fkng pickle, Beerman should be the 4th DE at best, man it would be hard to consider life without Abe...

Peope don't need to stress about the cap. Turner gone saves around 5m. Dunta cut would save us money and if not cut possibly restructured. We are not in bad shape and Abe is going nowhere. You don't just release a guy who gets 10 sacks especially when his contract isn't even that significant to our cap. Bedwetter at it again.