2013 Free Agency

Adam25

Hey guys, with the superbowl being over its time to focus on Free Agency! what are some players you would like to see in the red and black ? what players would you like to see go ?

Me personally I want to see:

- Turner cut

- Dunta cut (brought back if its for a way cheaper price)

- Chris hope back on vet minimum (if moore goes down he fills in nicely)

- Moore resigned to a contract similar to Decoud

- Baker resigned to a reasonable contract

- I've read rumors that Grimes is willing to resign a 1 yr contract to prove he still has it, if so I would love this.

- In free agency pursue Dan Ellerbe, Issac Sapoga, Richard Seymor (sign one or maybe two Ellerbe and one of the DT's) Sapoaga intrigues me because I'm pretty sure he player for Nolan when he was in San Fran, could help us in the run game, also could help in our 3-4 looks, might be had for a bit of a cheaper price. Seymour is a solid vetern that could still have some game left and TD knows from his time in New England, either DT could help us in our rush defense and pass defense. Ellerbe has a high motor and filled in nicely when Lewis went down, and obviously attracts our attention since he's a Georgia boy.

- If the money is right look at Dustin Keller, Dennis Pitta, Jared Cook, Delanie Walker or Martellus Bennett

That's just what I would like to see, you guys have any other thoughts or any other player you'd love to have here on your wish list ? I also, know that most this can't happen as our money situation isn't the best but I also think these players arn't at the top of their lists and could be had for a bit cheaper price then the guys like Osi and Michael Johnson.

Edited by Adam3328

I would like Sapoga, I believe a guy like him is our biggest need. Grabbing a guy like that in Free agency would really allow us the freedom to move up for a DE if we want to.

If Jarvis Jones falls to 15 I think we may move up for him, just my opinion. Jarvis is a day one player that will replace Abe, gives us that pass rush and Sapoga will be a 2 down line clogger.

You shouldn't be expecting Chris Hope to be retained. He was added as depth, and while he was good depth, it was a temporary fix. We have added safeties almost every year to make up for our lack of depth. We might just draft one in the mid rounds instead, and if not, pick up a cut late. just liek Sanders, Hope was always a temporary fix.

You shouldn't be expecting Chris Hope to be retained. He was added as depth, and while he was good depth, it was a temporary fix. We have added safeties almost every year to make up for our lack of depth. We might just draft one in the mid rounds instead, and if not, pick up a cut late. just liek Sanders, Hope was always a temporary fix.

I agree, and I doubt it happens, but he was solid, and as much as I love Moore he does tend to miss one or two games at least a year, which sucks I know, In those games we seen Hope and Charlie Mitch contribute, I like Mitch but Hope may be good to stay another year at the role he had.

I would like Sapoga, I believe a guy like him is our biggest need. Grabbing a guy like that in Free agency would really allow us the freedom to move up for a DE if we want to.

If Jarvis Jones falls to 15 I think we may move up for him, just my opinion. Jarvis is a day one player that will replace Abe, gives us that pass rush and Sapoga will be a 2 down line clogger.

I agree, Sapoaga is exactly what we need and he could be targeted by Mike Nolan in free agency to make this defense stronger, I have the biggest gut feeling that if TD likes a DE and he falls a bit that he moves up and takes him, I wouldn't mind it either, and with the addition of Sapoaga it makes the move even more interesting.

I agree, and I doubt it happens, but he was solid, and as much as I love Moore he does tend to miss one or two games at least a year, which sucks I know, In those games we seen Hope and Charlie Mitch contribute, I like Mitch but Hope may be good to stay another year at the role he had.

Safety depth has just been one of those issues that has been pushed to the wayside in favor of more important issues over these 5 years, but with Nolan's love of safeties and how much we've been scouting them, I wouldn't be surprised to see a 4th spent on one.

Safety depth has just been one of those issues that has been pushed to the wayside in favor of more important issues over these 5 years, but with Nolan's love of safeties and how much we've been scouting them, I wouldn't be surprised to see a 4th spent on one.

I also think we'll be drafting a safety in the middle rounds to back up Moore and DeCoud alonside Charles Mitchell. Chris Hope is probably gone and Shann Schillinger is not the answer. I'd prefer to get a rangey free safety who can possibly challenge DeCoud as starter, given DeCoud's inability to consistently tackle...

Doubt Jarvis slips too 15 unless their is a concern about his neck or something.

won't happen. need to get younger, not older on D. talks of abraham getting the axe today....

If you legit think Abraham is going to get cut you defiantly don't have a clue, the team loves Abe and he would not get cut being the most productive DE on our team, it would be setting our defensive line back even more then it is, Your telling me you would rather stay as is then sign Sapoaga or Seymour ? come on now ....

Ellerbe crushes people and is just nasty. According to this article he and Kruger both want to be back with the Ravens, but Ellerbe has the best chance of resigning with them.

http://profootballta...de-with-ravens/

I'm all for signing Sapoaga or Seymour. I think we have to get a DT or DE in free agency and get the other in the draft.

I agree with others that safety is important with Nolan and we will probably look to draft one. I'm still mad that Raphael Bush is not on this team anymore. I think he would have been a great addition in Nolan's defense. He is a RFA with the Saints though.

Yea the ravens letting him leave is a long shot I realize, money could make him leave tho if baltimore thinks they will get a home town discount. Crazier things have happened! Sapoaga or Seymour are a must for me, I don't like this years DE class, Osi and Michael Johnson scare me that they are a product of the scheme and the other talent around them. I'd rather take a DE in this draft where there is so much talent.

If you legit think Abraham is going to get cut you defiantly don't have a clue, the team loves Abe and he would not get cut being the most productive DE on our team, it would be setting our defensive line back even more then it is, Your telling me you would rather stay as is then sign Sapoaga or Seymour ? come on now ....

never said anything about signing sapoaga or seymour. it's business, not personal. doesn't matter if the team loves abe, love won't win the superbowl.

True that. Just watch that Bama tape.

You mean a game that he had 6 tackles(3 for a loss), 2 sacks and a TD saving forced fumble. If you look beyond the Eddie Lacy's rushing yards you will see that most are picked up when Jones is either double teamed or they ran away from him. That game is far more damning for the non Jarvis Jones players like Jenkins, a 350lb run stuffer, who couldn't do anything despite facing single blocks.

Jarvis' ability against the run relies on his instincts and ability to be just plain faster than college RTs. Most NFL RTs aren't going to be that slow and their instincts will be on the same level, if not better than Jarvis'. He isn't as good as Von Miller because he doesn't show the ability to use leverage the way Miller did and still does.