Josh Cribbs & Rashad Jennings

vel

Anybody up for the possibility of signing him as the #4 WR to push HD and return man?

He would be a cheap signing and could be lethal in the return game, giving Ryan shorter fields to work with. He caught 41 passes in Cleveland last year before Weeden got there. He's got speed and size and would add some much needed speed.

Also, Rashad Jennings is Koetter's old RB in Jacksonville. I know everybody is tired of that connection, but the guy is 6'1 230 lbs with speed. That's phenomenal size. Koetter knows him and his skillset. He would be another relatively cheap signing at a position of need and add quality depth to our backfield with homerun speed.

I think these are the types of signings we need to go after to help round this roster out on offense, which allows us to focus solely on defense in the draft as much as possible.

Don't care for Cribbs but I wouldn't mind Jennings. Quizz, Jennings, and Snelling will get the job done especially if we can find a guy at RG like Warford.

My dream draft would go John Jenkins in the first, move up to get Warford in the second. I know people want a DE but we keep teams in 3rd and long and Nolan will confuse the QB.

What is an extra pass rusher gonna do vs the Panthers twice a year? Shut down their run and make then throw.

I like it.. Cribbs might not be what he use to be. Might need a change of scenery. Jennings wouldn't be a bad move. I'm not sure if we should draft another rookie OL in the first or second for that matter.. This draft should be mostly about defense. We have got to get some pressure on the QB and collapse the pocket up the middle.

Edited by shoob

hmm i was actually inrigued by the jennings thing cause i to want a bigger speed back like this but i dont like seeing a 2.8 avg! that absolutely sucks! and its not like he had 35 rushes, guy got 100 touches this year! As far as cribbs i want a return guy so badly, but i think hester and jones are going to be available and i would rather have both of them rather than cribbs.

hmm i was actually inrigued by the jennings thing cause i to want a bigger speed back like this but i dont like seeing a 2.8 avg! that absolutely sucks! and its not like he had 35 rushes, guy got 100 touches this year! As far as cribbs i want a return guy so badly, but i think hester and jones are going to be available and i would rather have both of them rather than cribbs.

I give him a pass for his production this year. Really, look at that Jags team. They got worse after Koetter left. With Koetter, he averaged over 5 yards. Koetter knows Jennings and knows how he likes to use him already. Plus, he would be cheap and wouldn't stop us from adding another back in the draft. And I know there are better options than Cribbs, but Cribbs is a good return man and would be good WR depth. Cribbs is better than Cone and Davis. He's a better return man than Franks and HD. He never got a chance to develop because he's had crap QBs his whole career.

i like jennings but hes just never healthy...no to cribbs he wines about his salary to much for his talent level.

When you play in Cleveland, what else are you playing for other than money? For a while, Cribbs was the only player anybody could name on the Browns. He deserved to be paid what he wanted in my opinion. In Atlanta, when you win, why are you complaining about money? 3x Pro Bowl, 2x All Pro. When's the last time the Browns had a player like that? Jim Brown? I think him wanting a little money is a bit warranted given the ineptitude of the Browns to build a roster with him.

I feel the same way. Rashad had his chance this season and didn't take advantage of it, BUT Vel makes some good points...he won't be expensive...he has great size...he's been an effective runner in the past. Intriguing.