How Many Superbowls Would Ryan Have With A Top 6 Defense The Last 5 Seasons?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had a top 5 defense in two of the last three seasons and went 1-2 in the postseason with no Super Bowl.

they were good, but they weren't nagta suggs lewis ed reed good.. They were pretty good though. A lot of it had to do with the offense leading the league in TOP. Ravens defense has taken them to the superbowl and playoffs consistently since 2000. Falcons defense isn't nearly as talented.

they were good, but they weren't nagta suggs lewis ed reed good.. They were pretty good though. A lot of it had to do with the offense leading the league in TOP. Ravens defense has taken them to the superbowl and playoffs consistently since 2000. Falcons defense isn't nearly as talented.

Ray lewis and Ed Reed are shells of their former selves. Ray Lewis can barely shed a blocker these days. The Ravens defense gave up 470 yards. They are NOT the Ravens of 2000-08 that were an elite defense. Ed Reed is almost 35 years old. Suggs had one good game against Denver in the playoffs and had a total of 11 tackles in the rest of the contests. Right now the Ravens defense is still superior to the Falcons but the gap isn't that wide.

Ryan probably wouldn't have won the SB against the 9ers if he was the Ravens Qb. On a lot of Flacco's amazing throws, it revolved around him scrambling for his life before launching some of the most beautiful deep balls in the NFL. Ryan isn't much of a scrambler when compared to what Flacco has done with his feet this postseason.

I don't think a lot of qbs could have kept that focus up while running for their life. Flacco, Brees, Rodgers, Big Ben?

Ray lewis and Ed Reed are shells of their former selves. Ray Lewis can barely shed a blocker these days. The Ravens defense gave up 470 yards. They are NOT the Ravens of 2000-08 that were an elite defense. Ed Reed is almost 35 years old. Suggs had one good game against Denver in the playoffs and had a total of 11 tackles in the rest of the contests. Right now the Ravens defense is still superior to the Falcons but the gap isn't that wide.

that's todays nfl and before the nflunati cut the lights they were shutting it down. Plus you can't measure what legendary players like ray and ed do for the talent on that team. Suggs ngata so on and so on feed of that ****. Plus their experience playing and film work makes them both coaches right on the field. Immeasurable, if ryan had that woooow I'm changing to 56 superbowl rings

Just 1, and it would have been this year. Ryan showed me a lot this year and one of those things was extending plays by scrambling for first downs and not falling 10 yards from a defender.

Ryan is now transitioning from the "live to see another play" mindset to the "leave it all on the field" mindset. You need to know how to do both but Champions do not leave plays on the field and he is starting to learn that. This entire season as well as the Niners game should teach our team that we have to put teams away and not let them hang around. We do that and were holding a Lombardi right now.

I totally agree that Flacco's ability to avoid the sack was incredibly impressive last night.

But seeing as Flacco only led his offense to 3 more points against that D than Ryan did, I don't put a ton of credence into your statement.

if ryan is better why wasnt he able to match or outscore the suppisedly inferior joey ice vs the same defense? i know yall want ryan to better but hes not. he just isnt. sorry.