The 'lost' Ryan

Mr. Right

With the rise of so many exciting young QBs such as Russell Wilson, Colin Kaepernick, Joe Flacco, Cam Newton, RGIII, and Andrew Luck, it makes one wonder if Ryan's time in the spotlight has passed? After all, the media and fans only have so much time to follow and cover players. Call it the 'attention economy' if you would like. Elite QBs like Brady, Brees, and Rodgers will always get their fair share of respect and attention, but many QBs such as Fitzpatrick and Bradford, well, many fans probably don't even know which teams they play for.

There was a time when Carson Palmer and Phillip Rivers were in the spotlight, but without a Superbowl victory, their times have passed. With guys like Geno Smith, Teddy Bridgewater, and Johnny Manziel still waiting their chances to shine, the same fate will likely occur with Ryan. People's perception of Ryan have been set in stone already - a good guy who does the right things but isn't really exciting to watch. In a few years, casual fans may not know which team Matt Ryan plays for.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's a POS. I can't wait to Davis is ready. We will never win a ring with Ryan. I have more faith in Romo.

Out of the new crop of QBs, I really like RGIII and Russell Wilson. Actually, think Wilson may have more success than RGIII if Shanahan keeps on getting RGIII killed. Wilson seems like a level-headed guy who works hard but also has great physical ability. It was amazing to watch both Kaepernick and Flacco bullet the ball to their WRs. Very exciting to watch.

Edited by Mr. Right

Out of the new crop of QBs, I really like RGIII and Russell Wilson. Actually, think Wilson may have more success than RGIII if Shanahan keeps on getting RGIII killed. It was amazing to watch both Kaepernick and Flacco bullet the ball to their WRs. Very exciting to watch.

I love the new crop of QB's. All of them extremely talented and finally him teams behind them. Our time was this year. I hate to say it but are only going back from here. See San Diego Chargers once LT left. Ryan just isn't the QB for this team. We have a Ferrari offense with a Volvo driver. We can't win with that.

If VY was mentally there, give me him over Ryan. Especially with our OL, WR's and TE. He will greatly overachieve like Ryan except I seen VY carry a team to victory in two years more than Ryan in his career.

We have the most overrated QB in the NFL.

Shockley is available. Vick probably will be, too. Lets sign Young, Vick, Shockley, and Davis and have the QB competition to end all QB competitions.

This is just funny. Scam Newtow will probably fall off the planet after this years collapse. RGII (who I love) will not be around another 2 years unless they stop letting him run. Kaepernick is just funny, he will be gone after next year or '14. Luck is very good, Flacco is good but not as good as Ryan and Wilson has all the talent and heart in the world, but a 5'8" running QB is one shot away from being out of the league.

Go fail somewhere else please.

This is just funny. Scam Newtow will probably fall off the planet after this years collapse. RGII (who I love) will not be around another 2 years unless they stop letting him run. Kaepernick is just funny, he will be gone after next year or '14. Luck is very good, Flacco is good but not as good as Ryan and Wilson has all the talent and heart in the world, but a 5'8" running QB is one shot away from being out of the league.

Go fail somewhere else please.

Scam Newton is a hilarious name but wouldn't Ryan be more qualify for that title. Since he's the scam artist.