What Are The Odds Smitty Woulda Took A Safety?

matty72780

So many bigger needs. Moore and Decoud were both hurt, that was their issue. Bigger needs include DE, DT, RB, OLB, MLB, TE, G...almost anything tbh.

Either you misunderstood the question....or I misunderstood the question. I'm not sure which.

I thought he was talking about the safety at the end of the game last night lol.

The funniest thing about that Safety to me is that the officials were so intent on not throwing any flags that a Ravens player had one of the rushers completely wrapped up from behind in the most obvious hold in NFL history, and for 3 or 4 seconds, and the officials still didn't call it lol.

The funniest thing about that Safety to me is that the officials were so intent on not throwing any flags that a Ravens player had one of the rushers completely wrapped up from behind in the most obvious hold in NFL history, and for 3 or 4 seconds, and the officials still didn't call it lol.

Seriously though it was a beyond obvious hold. However, that is genius though, and all the linemen should have done it. The result of the play is a safety regardless, and the most important thing was the time, so hold for all you are worth. The refs can't put the time back on the clock on a foul like that.. Either way, next play is the free kick.

Seriously though it was a beyond obvious hold. However, that is genius though, and all the linemen should have done it. The result of the play is a safety regardless, and the most important thing was the time, so hold for all you are worth. The refs can't put the time back on the clock on a foul like that.. Either way, next play is the free kick.

Agreed on all counts, but the officials should still do their jobs.

Agreed on all counts, but the officials should still do their jobs.

Oh yeah, it should have been a flag even though it wouldn't have affected the game. They just refuse to call anything late in games these days. Officiating has gotten terrible. It's weird that the playoffs and end of game situations are played under different rules than the rest. Same way generally in basketball too.

Yep. I had to rewind it to show people. Dude crashing the RT area, and is being held from behind and lifted off the ground. Classic.

Smitty is a good coach but in crunch time its like he goes full ******

I like Smitty he ain't perfect but I just think he lets his emotions get the best of him sometimes I mean you can tell he is a fiery coach he's gotta be just watching his reactions on sideline in games. And he does overthink things sometimes like playing our starters in week 17 for the full game this year I didn't like it or agree with it hindsight is 20/20 and he probably wanted to keep our guys focused and keep momentum just went about it wrong way.

I'd say it's a dead lock that Smitty calls for the safety. He also has Bosher milk the clock all he can. He also instructs his defenders to hold as much as necessary.

You guys are selling the man short - he'd call a time out prior to the play, kick around the options with his staff, and reach the same conclusions Harbaugh reached.

Really guys?

Mike Smith would have done the exact same thing, why?

Because if there is one thing we know about Smith is he is all about the % of effectiveness in the situation.That tactic was the highest % of a safe play.

I don't get this fan base, last year "Mike Smith went for it on 4th down what a stupid play he should have played it safe:

This year "Mike Smith plays too conservatively" (Which IMO is a lie because there have been plenty of times I have wanted Quizz and Turner to close games and we seem to always take deep shots).

I don't know if Smitty would have done it the same way or not, but I think it was genius to do it the way they did. I don't think too many coaches would have thought that quickly to tell the players to hold so more time goes off of the clock. A holding call would not have hurt them at all.