Holding Non-Call Side By Side?

The O.D.B

This is a request to the photo and video gurus. Can one of you put together a pic showing the Roddy / Crabtree holds side by side? Not that it matters in the big scheme of things but, from memory Roddy got mugged and Crabtree got touched. I'm sure some of our guys would love to pop the pic over on the 9ers boards every few minutes.

Anyway, Thanks

i d say crabtree was more than touched, dude had a handful of the back of his jersey. but crabtree also had 2 hands on dude and 1 of em all over his facemask on his push off. so either it was a no call or off setting penalties if called correctly.

The dude actually had both arms wrapped around crabtree. I mean...if it wasn't PI, then PI doesn't exist.

My heart doesn't bleed for the Niners. I didn't really care who won the game last night.

And I'm done talking about the Bowman play with Roddy too.

And I don't really have much desire to discuss the Smith / Crabtree play much longer.

That being said....this is blatant textbook defensive holding. It is holding regardless of if the ball is in the air or not, or whether or not the player is 5 yards off the line of scrimmage. You simply are not allowed to do, as it is explicity written in the NFL rule book, what Jimmy Smith did on this play.

holding_zps6fb45c65.png

My heart doesn't bleed for the Niners. I didn't really care who won the game last night.

And I don't really have much desire to discuss the Smith / Crabtree play much longer.

That being said....this is blatant textbook defensive holding. It is holding regardless of if the ball is in the air or not, or whether or not the player is 5 yards off the line of scrimmage. You simply are not allowed to do, as it is explicity written in the NFL rule book, what Jimmy Smith did on this play.

holding_zps6fb45c65.png

not allowed to hit a qb late out of bounds either but

holding_zps6fb45c65.png

sorry, but what is that on the left side of the CB's helmet, why its Crabtrees hand pushing his head away, which then both hands work their way to pushing off the body, they were both fighting, but the CB cant even look up to find the ball because of Crabtree, either way PEOPLE, its a mute point, the ball wouldn't have been caught IN BOUNDS, even San Frans radio announcers said so,

sorry, but what is that on the left side of the CB's helmet, why its Crabtrees hand pushing his head away, which then both hands work their way to pushing off the body, they were both fighting, but the CB cant even look up to find the ball because of Crabtree, either way PEOPLE, its a mute point, the ball wouldn't have been caught IN BOUNDS, even San Frans radio announcers said so,

Dude, he has him in a bear hug man lol.

Dude, he has him in a bear hug man lol.

Dude, hes pushing his helmet to the right and down, go watch any game, CBs and WRs hand battle/wrap arms around the body all the time, they don't push each others helmets away, would the CB have been able to look for the ball on that play?? still answer the question, would Crabtree have been able to catch the ball and come down with both foot, NO

Edited by Ice5303

Dude, hes pushing his helmet to the right and down, go watch any game, CBs and WRs hand battle/wrap arms around the body all the time, they don't push each others helmets away, would the CB have been able to look for the ball on that play?? still answer the question, would Crabtree have been able to catch the ball and come down with both foot, NO

U can look at the GIF posted two post above. Crabtree didn't try to push him off until he was already in the bear hug.

And that's not normal hand fighting. That is the textbook definition of defensive holding, and fits pass interference rules under 4 of the 7 standards as well.

So it was a penalty 5 different ways.

I am not good with photoshop but I can find things...

http://assets.sbnati...43223/9ERPI.gif

9ERPI.gif

http://img.gawkerass...if/original.gif

original.gif

one thing I never noticed about the Roddy shot, I saw that the ball was thrown behind him, if without the holding, Roddy would have to make a crazy one handed behind him catch, but thing is, does the Ref block the view of Ryan? I wonder if Ryan leads him..with no ref in the way, Roddy makes the catch,, now if he gets the yards?????

I believe defensive holding is defensive holding regardless of ball being in the air....which means it does not have to be a catchable ball for defensive holding, only for pass interference