Both Kruger And Flacco Are Ufas- Ifthey Have To Franchise Flacco, Do They Falcons Make A Play For Kruger?

falconidae

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think we can afford Kruger . Saw a report he wants around 35 mil. Not sure Falcons will have that if Tony G returns and Moore and Baker signed along with our draft pool

I could see him wanting and getting more than he is worth, simply because of when he stepped up. The question to ask is whether he'd be as good if he wasn't surrounded by the players he has had around him.

falcons can make the numbers work- McKay is a master of cap friendly salaries.

This is what we say every year, but the Falcons haven't made a big signing since they signed Dunta, and that was in a year with no salary cap.

There is only so much you can do, especially with the cap being so flat for the next few years.

falcons can make the numbers work- McKay is a master of cap friendly salaries.

of course but at what benefit . I like Kruger and he would be a instant upgrade over what we have but is he the answer. Do you feel like getting in a bidding war and back loading a contract. He is a good player I would target but at what cost. Ravens will find a way to keep him as well

Ozzie knows what he is doing with cap as well

of course but at what benefit . I like Kruger and he would be a instant upgrade over what we have but is he the answer. Do you feel like getting in a bidding war and back loading a contract. He is a good player I would target but at what cost. Ravens will find a way to keep him as well

Ozzie knows what he is doing with cap as well

No to a bidding war, a certain amount of backloading is fine and Ozzie has a lot on his plate this year. Flacco is going to want the moon and the stars this contract- he may be working really hard to make sure he's not in a NO situation, where the QB's cap hit strangles the team.

I agree it may not be likely, if Kruger hits the FA market, his price will probably skyrocket, but certainly want the Falcons to take a shot at it.

Ravens will most likely resign both.

If Kruger walked, I'd love him, but the price tag would be way too high for us. He's going to be asking for elite money.

I don't know about that. The Ravens actually tried to re-sign Flacco earlier but Flacco and his agent wouldn't go for it because it wasn't enough.

Now that Flacco has won a Superbowl and was the MVP his agent is going to want Brees/Brady/Manning money. If they do re-sign him he'll probably be a 15+ million cap hit. If they tag him it'll be 20+ million.

So Lewis comes off the books but let's not foret Ed Reed is also a free agent.

You can't re-sign all 3 of those guys so who do you keep?

I have a question somewhat regarding the topic. Don't want to start a new topic.

Some people believe that with the weapons Ryan has, we could get by without him. So with that being said can the same be said for Flacco? He has weapons as well as a defense. Dumping him and going with a QB like Alex Smith and keep Kruger.

Just wondering.

Edit: I know Flacco just won a SB. This is just a matter of discussion. I know it will not happen.

Edited by ProFalconFan

No to a bidding war, a certain amount of backloading is fine and Ozzie has a lot on his plate this year. Flacco is going to want the moon and the stars this contract- he may be working really hard to make sure he's not in a NO situation, where the QB's cap hit strangles the team.

I agree it may not be likely, if Kruger hits the FA market, his price will probably skyrocket, but certainly want the Falcons to take a shot at it.

Falcons could be in same bidding war with Ryan as well. Kruger and a DE in first round would help

I feel we wouldn't bring back Tony G and cut Dunta and hope Grimes signs a mid level contract

I can live with that

Falcons could be in same bidding war with Ryan as well. Kruger and a DE in first round would help

I feel we wouldn't bring back Tony G and cut Dunta and hope Grimes signs a mid level contract

I can live with that

That war wouldn't start until next year, and unless Ryan wins the Super Bowl next year, he won't have near the leverage that Flacco does right now.

"As a precursor to a new deal, theRavens are fully expected to apply the franchise tag to Flacco. That transaction will entail a salary-cap hit of roughly $15 million, which will cause repercussions elsewhere on the roster. Bisciotti acknowledges the cap situation could cost the team a couple of key players, with impending free-agent pass rusher Paul Kruger and cornerback Cary Williams as the likely candidates to seek greener pastures."

I've heard they are already considerably over the cap and are considering cutting players like Bolding and Jones to get under the cap.

That war wouldn't start until next year, and unless Ryan wins the Super Bowl next year, he won't have near the leverage that Flacco does right now.

I am not sure Ryan agent or Falcons will wait a year. Ryan value is still high coming off NFC championship performance. He also had a better regular season statiscial over Flaccoand one of best of his career. So Ryan agent is going to shoot for whatever Flacco gets paid. Why risk that if your Ryan agent Tom Condon. If Ryan goes out and gets hurt or has a poor season and Falcons lose he will be hard pressed to get a big time contract. I think from Ryan getting to a NFC championship game and winning a Super Bowl is very minimal in regards of added salary.

What would be the number difference between a QB who gets to NFC chip game or wins a Super Bowl. 10 million? Too big of a risk for Ryan agent