Tony Gonzalez Speculation

Mr. Right

Originally I thought that if we lost in the first round or won the Superbowl, Gonzalez would retire for good. But since neither of that happened, I feel Gonzalez has a good chance of returning. However, don't be surprised if Gonzalez returns, but returns to another team.

Perhaps the Packers or Giants will make good fits. Afterall, Gonzalez originally wanted to be a Giant and not a Falcon. Also, the Packers have an elite QB in Aaron Rodgers and Gonzalez would get a shot at winning the big one with him.

Thoughts?

I really, really think that Tony returns for one more year. The combination of finally getting a taste of winning a playoff game, coupled with watching Ray Lewis (and probably Ed Reed) retiring after winning a Super Bowl will (IMO) cause him come back for one more year. I think his competitive spirit will win over this one last time...

Originally I thought that if we lost in the first round or won the Superbowl, Gonzalez would retire for good. But since neither of that happened, I feel Gonzalez has a good chance of returning. However, don't be surprised if Gonzalez returns, but returns to another team.

Perhaps the Packers or Giants will make good fits. Afterall, Gonzalez originally wanted to be a Giant and not a Falcon. Also, the Packers have an elite QB in Aaron Rodgers and Gonzalez would get a shot at winning the big one with him.

Thoughts?

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if he signed with the Redskins. RGIII will be back next year and better than ever. He will rehab that knee this offseason and people will forget he even got hurt. He's obviously the best QB in the NFL and they would have won it all if he hadn't gotten hurt twice. Gonzo wants to win a ring, so I'm pretty sure Washington is going to be where he hangs his hat.

[/sarcasm]

Thoughts?

Yeah, you'd like that wouldn't you. F'n troll.

Thoughts?

Mr. Wrong!

No way and I comes back and plays elsewhere. You asked for thoughts, there's mine. Why would he go to a team that was further from making the SB than us if he wants to win?

Based on last year we went further than the two teams mentioned, but had he gone to one of the two teams over us, he would have won a Superbowl already.

Hey Guys!

I wouldn't be entirely shocked to see Gonzales sporting Seahawk Green and Blue this coming season.

Carroll promised he would give Wilson some new weapons on offense and Russell Wilson has been publicly drooling about Tony.

Another thing is that Gonzales has not always been a Falcon. He played 12 years for the Chiefs. At this point in his career the only real reasons to come would back would be #1 a real chance at a Super Bowl ring and a boatload of money and future opportunity.

Gonzales did not choose the Falcons...he was traded for a pick.

If he comes back he will survey the field and take the best opportunity and the most money.for the shortest contract.

Good luck in keeping him a Falcon...but Paul Allen loves Russell Wison and Allen does pretty well by his favorite people.