Was Listening To Espn Radio On The Way To Work Tonight

NateDogg1215

Was listening to ESPN Radio on the way to work tonight and they were talking about the 4th down holding no call on the Ravens...

And the DJ said "Well im sure Falcons fans know how that feels to get a no call" ... "If Roddy got his call the NFCS would have possibly gone another way"

Just thought it was cool someone outside our fan base saw and noticed this too!

Was listening to ESPN Radio on the way to work tonight and they were talking about the 4th down holding no call on the Ravens...

And the DJ said "Well im sure Falcons fans know how that feels to get a no call" ... "If Roddy got his call the NFCS would have possibly gone another way"

Well this makes me happy. Even if it is some nobody on a radio station. It happened no matter how the NFL world would like to brush it aside.

Such a shame.

You mean like bowman holding roddy's arm while the ball is in the air?

Yeah they need to change the rules then if they aren't going to make those PI calls deep in the playoffs when the game is on the line. They call that in way less important games why not call that in important games? The rules and calls should not change in the playoffs.

My problem with the whole deal is that if the situation was reversed and it was the 9er's losing and on offense there would have been a holding call. I still blame the Falcons because the score should have never been close enough that the ref's can affect a game, you want to win in the NFL, and aren't one of the NFL's media darlings, you must take the Ref's out of the game; that means you win by more points than the ref's can screw you out of.

There is a whole site http://thefixisin.net/nfl.html dedicated to bad/suspicious calls made. One of the pages is about the Saints Falcons game where Drew Brees broke the passing record. It will make you sick to see how many bad calls were made, and how many infractions weren't called.

My problem with the whole deal is that if the situation was reversed and it was the 9er's losing and on offense there would have been a holding call. I still blame the Falcons because the score should have never been close enough that the ref's can affect a game, you want to win in the NFL, and aren't one of the NFL's media darlings, you must take the Ref's out of the game; that means you win by more points than the ref's can screw you out of.

This ^^^

He mugged Roddy past 5 yards while the ball was in the air. You could not define PI any better. The NFL should either do away with the ticky tack rule or they need to enforce it with some consistency.

No he didn't. It was 4th and 4 and Roddy stopped at the first down mark. That's 4 yards. Well within the 5 yard rule

Sorry a defender can’t impede a receiver after 5 yards. Look he even pushes White back a full yard on the play plus never takes his hands off of Roddy. I would have no problem if they make contact then separate then the defender makes a play on the ball. If the defender maintains contact even with the ball in the air then a flag should have been thrown. The bang bang play makes it hard to get the call correct sometimes, so they missed it. But come on the defender never lets go of Roddy.

I will say I don’t like it when teams win because of a cheap call. I also don’t like it when teams win due to the fact of a player doing something against the rules hoping it won’t get called. It’s just a raw deal and this time the Falcons had it go against them.

Edited by high impact

No he didn't. It was 4th and 4 and Roddy stopped at the first down mark. That's 4 yards. Well within the 5 yard rule

I'm fairly certain you can never hold. Within 5 yards you can pop someone but you can never just grab them. Bowman's arm holds Roddy almost the entire time.

Edited by Volunteer Falcon

Yes, I have many niner fans here (at work) complaining about that no call. One even told me when Roddy was held that you can't call a penalty like that when the game is on the line. Well guess who is complaning the loudest today? I did my Ray Lewis dance for him. I am making his day a living ****.

Yes, I have many niner fans here (at work) complaining about that no call. One even told me when Roddy was held that you can't call a penalty like that when the game is on the line. Well guess who is complaning the loudest today? I did my Ray Lewis dance for him. I am making his day a living ****.

2ailh54.jpg