You Don't Need Two Very Good Receivers, And A Hof Te To Win The Sb?

Panther Pride

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you all witnessed that "top 10" defense in our first meeting last season. The #10 defense looks good on paper but in actuality it routinely **** the bed in crunch time. No where in my post did I say Newton was perfect, I just stated plain facts... which for you calling me out you failed to dispute yourself.

Thanks for supporting WFW argument, and not addressing Newton's weakness which reaffirms WFW points against Newton being a closer! This is nothing to be ashamed of. Maybe it is his maturity or leadership qualities, or his inexperience Whatever it is it needs to be fixed or the team will never get out of him what they expected when they signed him #1 overall.

julio.gif

Well according the pantehr fans they hada top 10 D

So that stupid jab goes right out the window.

According to Falcon fans you guys finally had a playoff caliber D (of course until the actual playoffs laugh.png ). Plus your D was better last year as well. So no.. no it doesn't.

Cam da only qb off limits in RC

true

Indeed.

I also don't take kindly to unfair criticism of Eli, but nobody really brings him up, so I don't find myself defending him as much.

Edited by NYG4

you should check the defensive rankings before making posts like this. carolina had the best defense in the division.

Both years? Or just this one?

Plus ATL was miles better as far as Points per game. So that's debatable anyway.

If you seriously want to get into a Cam vs. Flacco/Ryan debate then please tell me what either of those players have over him in their first two seasons. I don't want to hear that wins/playoffs BS, because unlike either of those two he went to a truly ****** team as the #1 overall pick in the draft and has went on to have arguably the best individual first two seasons of any QB in NFL history.

Also just to add, Luck may have been a #1 pick but anyone who doesn't think that the Colts tanked that season to get the most hyped QB in history are ********. There was no tanking needed by the Panthers, they were just genuinely awful in 2010.

Like I said, it'd be ridiculous to compare Newton to anyone else in this thread; everyone else is held to standards beyond their stats and removing Newton from discussion involving more than stats is ridiculous when no one's expected the Panthers to win yet.

It was like 4 days after that. So it's not like he came back right after it.

Do you really think it's a coincidence when we were undefeated before then and he hadn't posted in over a month? What's more likely, pure coincidence, or Reece the mastermind thought logging in three days after instead of three minutes after would dissuade people from making the connection?

According to Falcon fans you guys finally had a playoff caliber D (of course until the actual playoffs laugh.png ). Plus your D was better last year as well. So no.. no it doesn't.

Indeed.

I also don't take kindly to unfair criticism of Eli, but nobody really brings him up, so I don't fine myself defending him as much.

well if things work out as they are supposed to for cam then you wont have to worry about him being brought up.

Said the dude that ditched the board for the exact same reason Pox did, came back three days after our first loss to rub it in, insists to this day that the timing was pure coincidence, and yet called out Pox for ducking when he's not even in the thread. All class right there.

You're just fine with him because you're still at the point where you don't blame him for the Panthers not winning games and the two years prior dropped expectations through the basement. It's the NFC South, we've all been there.

Omg!! You are such a ******* little moron.

Hey let me brag about a team I hate for beating another team I hate all while the team I'm actually a fan of is on a major losing streak. Do you no notice how flawed that thinking is? I keep asking ever time you bring up this dumb *** scenario to post a link of me dogging the falcon for losing to the saints (as yet you've had your thumb up your *** and shown nothing).

Hey let me brag about a team I hate for beating another team I hate all while the team I'm actually a fan of is on a major losing streak. Do you no notice how flawed that thinking is? I keep asking ever time you bring up this dumb *** scenario to post a link of me dogging the falcon for losing to the saints (as yet you've had your thumb up your *** and shown nothing).

As I've pointed out many times, just because I'm not willing to go back to the start of your posting history with that profile doesn't mean you're not that petty. In fact I've never felt the urge because everyone else knows you're that petty, too. ****, boy, you just called out another Panther fan for the provocation of joe horn taking one shot at you, do you really think anyone's giving you the benefit of the doubt here aside from maybe NYG4?

Edited by Serge

It's funny how suddenly the Panthers top 10 (in yards allowed per game) defense is brought up when convenient... I seem to remember back when that stat was first announced that many of you said something along the lines of "oh lol the only stat that matters is points allowed per game" in which the Panthers D ranked 18th (22.7 pts/game) and the Falcons ranked 5th (18.7 pts/game). So take that "top 10 defense" moniker with a grain of salt.

Like I said, it'd be ridiculous to compare Newton to anyone else in this thread; everyone else is held to standards beyond their stats and removing Newton from discussion involving more than stats is ridiculous when no one's expected the Panthers to win yet.

Do you really think it's a coincidence when we were undefeated before then and he hadn't posted in over a month? What's more likely, pure coincidence, or Reece the mastermind thought logging in three days after instead of three minutes after would dissuade people from making the connection?

He would have to do something to be banned though. So he had to be posting. I don't think you can just volunteer to be banned.

Why he didn't come back immediately? That IDK.

SERGE IS RIGHT. YOU GUYS DISAPPEARED AFTER WE BEAT YOU THEN YOU CAME BACK AFTER WE GOT OUR FIRST LOSS. POX CAME BACK AFTER THE MEOWS BEAT US...JUST COINCIDENCE WE KNOW...laugh.png

julio.gif

He would have to do something to be banned though. So he had to be posting. I don't think you can just volunteer to be banned.

Why he didn't come back immediately? That IDK.

The "resse" account's last post was days before the first CAR/ATL game. For what it's worth.

Rival fans get banned all the time just for being around close to gameday. The mods here are vindictive ******** and we hate them as much as anyone. It's also why we have accounts like "Dago 3.0" and "jb 3.0."

Just figured I'd add that I'd much rather only being allowing 18 points a game vs. allowing 22 points a game. What the **** does it matter if we allowed less yards if in the end they're converted into more points than some other team's defense who allowed more yards? Sorry, Atlanta had a better defense this season by allowing fewer points... that's the overall objective of the defense, right? Stopping the opponent from scoring?

Just figured I'd add that I'd much rather only being allowing 18 points a game vs. allowing 22 points a game. What the **** does it matter if we allowed less yards if in the end they're converted into more points than some other team's defense who allowed more yards? Sorry, Atlanta had a better defense this season by allowing fewer points... that's the overall objective of the defense, right? Stopping the opponent from scoring?

The concept of good/bad defense changes around here depending upon whose defense we're talking about, and who it's going to make look good/bad.

As a matter of fact, the concept of everything changes depending on who it will make look good or bad.

The concept of good/bad defense changes around here depending upon whose defense we're talking about, and who it's going to make look good/bad.

As a matter of fact, the concept of everything changes depending on who it will make look good or bad.

finally

something we can agree on

yep, agree 100%.

Exactly. Carolina had what you would call a 'break but don't bend' type of defense while trying to operate as a 'bend but don't break' one. Sure, we were good at keeping the opponent's yards in check, but we routinely gave up big plays that resulted in points that shouldn't have happened if our defense was supposedly as good as it's being made out to be. Take away those big plays they gave up in hilarious fashion and Cam might have a few more of those coveted "GWDs and 4th QTR comebacks".

Exactly. Carolina had what you would call a 'break but don't bend' type of defense while trying to operate as a 'bend but don't break' one. Sure, we were good at keeping the opponent's yards in check, but we routinely gave up big plays that resulted in points that shouldn't have happened if our defense was supposedly as good as it's being made out to be. Take away those big plays they gave up in hilarious fashion and Cam might have a few more of those coveted "GWDs and 4th QTR comebacks".

Whenever I use the term top defense I like to specify whether I'm using points per game or total yards. Just so there is no confusion.

Carolina has a much improved defense that struggles late in games.

Edited by NYG4

Nyg4 don't worry the whole concept is stupid. I hate the saints just as much as the Falcons. But I come back to shower love on them. Not to mention they had lost 1 game while my team had 1 win. So of course I have a leg to stand on to talk junk. But wait all these accusation and no proof of any of this ****. So it really not worth it.

5poc6 calling me ***** made over the internet is classic as well. In person different story right?

I think our defense got better as the season went along after all the injuries and Kuechly being move to the middle. I still blame our crappy early start on Chud and the offense. We played good enough defense to win early games and had some stops that we could have used to build bigger leads or run the clock out. But they did wet the bed to end some games.

I think our defense got better as the season went along after all the injuries and Kuechly being move to the middle. I still blame our crappy early start on Chud and the offense. We played good enough defense to win early games and had some stops that we could have used to build bigger leads or run the clock out. But they did wet the bed to end some games.

Yeah I agree completely. I'm not knocking our defense, **** I actually loved it... CJ, Kraken, and Keek were exciting as **** to watch, and I was proud of the way they stepped it up this season after how bad they were last season. The team as a whole was just way too inconsistent this year. Chud's full-****** Madden-esque playcalling crippled the offense early on, and many of the games when the offense did show up it seemed the defense would fold, vice-a-versa. The only consistent play this year was from Special Teams. They consistently sucked.