You Don't Need Two Very Good Receivers, And A Hof Te To Win The Sb?

Panther Pride

flacco lead the ravens offense to 27 points... the 49ers scored 31.... 29 if you want to exclude the safety.

yep, the kickoff return was the difference in the game.

Okay, but if Flacco only leads the Ravens to 21 points and add in the kickoff return, they lose that game, correct? So how can you say definitively that the Kickoff return was the difference and not any of the other 7 point scores? Without any one of those 7 point scores (including the kickoff return) the Ravens aren't superbowl champions.

Edited by NYG4

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a lil' overrated by inhabitants to say the least.

Not when it is done right

I grew up there and yeah some places were pretty bad but when it was done right...... it was like having Jesus signing lead to an angel band wearing lynyrnd skynyrd Tshirts sing to you in your sleep!

Well the ravens offense scored 3 more points vs the niners than the falcons did.

So yeah the difference was the Kick off return

You asked what was the difference and I pointed it out.

You may be "just saying" but you sound like an idiot when you omit information.

But hey I am " just sayin"

a game? are you trying some sort of "gotcha" trick?

either way, a game is a generic term... the difference in yesterdays game is the 108 yard kickoff return... flacco didn't lead his offense on it's own to enough points to win yesterday, and it wouldn't have been enough to win the in the nfccg.

That's why football is called a 'team' sport. You can't blame one individual for all the team's failures or give them all the credit for their successes. If you guys want to go along with that kind of thinking then Matt Ryan's interception, fumble, and scoreless second half in the NFCCG could be just as easily considered the "difference" in that game.

But hey, I'm "just saying".

Edited by PantherBlack

Was that the only difference? So one play can be the only difference in a game? That one kick off return renders the rest of the game irrelevant? laugh.png Sorry as much as yall don't want to admit it, you can never single out one play as being the reason for one team's win and one teams loss.

Yall are trying to single out the kick return, but without any one of Flaccos TDs they lose as well. So, why are any of those plays not the difference? Rhetorical question, I already know the answer.

Man you are doubling down on the stupid today.

You are sounding more like Panther fans by the post.

You asked for the difference....... it was provided to you.

Does it make the other plays mean less?? No but the difference WAS the kick return.

You keep mentioning the Ravens defense giving up more than the Falcons and then asking what the difference was between the 2 games........ That information was provided to you.

The difference WAS the kick return pure and simple.

Stop being an obtuse idiot.

That's why football is called a 'team' sport. You can't blame one individual for all the team's failures or give them all the credit for their successes. If you guys want to go along with that kind of thinking then Matt Ryan's interception, fumble, and scoreless second half in the NFCCG could be just as easily considered the "difference" in that game.

But hey, I'm "just saying".

They don't want to hear the truth. No that their "our defense was the problem, if Ryan had the Raven's defense" excuse has crumbled, they are scrambling.

Man you are doubling down on the stupid today.

You are sounding more like Panther fans by the post.

You asked for the difference....... it was provided to you.

Does it make the other plays mean less?? No but the difference WAS the kick return.

You keep mentioning the Ravens defense giving up more than the Falcons and then asking what the difference was between the 2 games........ That information was provided to you.

The difference WAS the kick return pure and simple.

Stop being an obtuse idiot.

Why was the kickoff return any more important than the other 7 point scores?!?! Was it worth 9 instead of 7? Did it get everyone in the stadium laid? Did money shoot out of the sky? Why?

Without any one of the scores the ravens lose. So why does the kickoff return mean more?

Okay, but if Flacco only leads the Ravens to 21 points and add in the kickoff return, they lose that game, correct? So how can you say definitively that the Kickoff return was the difference and not any of the other 7 point scores? Without any one of those 7 point scores (including the kickoff return) the Ravens aren't superbowl champions.

because no matter how many offensive points you take away from the ravens they still didn't score enough points on offense to beat the 49ers, either yesterday or if they would have played them in the nfccg. they needed the kickoff return for a td. the difference between matt ryan and flacco vs the 49ers? flacco got a kickoff return for a td. ryan didn't. as such, flacco won, ryan didn't.

Oh god this thread... Carolina's smack is even worse than their BBQ, though pp is giving an honest effort. A Fing Beiber joke, c'mon Recceice. You were the first Panther fan to come crawling back to RC just in time to claim your sadly illustrious 2nd place finish, for christ's sake - where's the conviction, man?

Wrong Panther Fan dipshit. Maybe you need to talk to POX about conviction. I was back way before the *** whipping we gave you in NO.

because no matter how many offensive points you take away from the ravens they still didn't score enough points on offense to beat the 49ers, either yesterday or if they would have played them in the nfccg. they needed the kickoff return for a td. the difference between matt ryan and flacco vs the 49ers? flacco got a kickoff return for a td. ryan didn't. as such, flacco won, ryan didn't.

Meh, that logic is flawed. Because there is no way to know had Jones not returned it for a TD that Flacco couldn't or wouldn't have led them to a TD himself. Up until that point the Ravens had scored on EVERY possession but 1. That's why you can't single out one play, because every single play has an affect on the next play, and ultimately the game.

That kickoff return can't be the difference anymore than the other TDs scored were the difference. Fact of the matter is, the Ravens lose without any single one of those touchdowns. Thus you can't single out one.

Edited by NYG4

Really... that was the only difference between the two? No mention of the INT, fumble, or being shut out the second half? As far as I can remember Flacco didn't commit a single turnover this post season. Come on man, I know you love your team but at least be a little objective if you're going to throw out 'what if' scenarios like that.

Flacco played lights out the entire playoffs, a flawless game at the highest stage, and also earned Super Bowl MVP honors en route to winning the Super Bowl. Just give the man his credit, he's earned it.

Edited by PantherBlack

Why was the kickoff return any more important than the other 7 point scores?!?! Was it worth 9 instead of 7? Did it get everyone in the stadium laid? Did money shoot out of the sky? Why?

Without any one of the scores the ravens lose. So why does the kickoff return mean more?

In the discussion in which you are trying to frame yes it was more important.

Becuase The ravens offense did not score enough to win it on its own.... the difference for their victory was the TD... that was the only td the ravens ofense scored the entire second hald

and of those 7 scores 3 were FG's

So yes that kick off return was more valuable than ATLEAST 1 FG ( considering the Ravens won by 3).

And when you consider the fact that was the only TD scored in the second half for the ravens and the rest were FGs... Yeah it was more important than those other scores.

Not to mention the momentum factor.....

But hey it helps to actually watch the game!

Really... that was the only difference? No mention of the INT, fumble, or being shut out the second half? As far as I can remember Flacco didn't commit a single turnover this post season. Come on man, I know you love your team but at least be a little objective if you're going to throw out 'what if' scenarios like that.

Flacco played a lights out the entire playoffs, a flawless game at the highest stage and earned Super Bowl MVP en route to winning the Super Bowl. Just give the man his credit, he's earned it.

i did give him credit. i don't understand this myth that falcon fans are some how against the ravens yesterday, when the vast majority of us, that posted who they wanted to win, said they wanted the ravens to win.

i did give him credit. i don't understand this myth that falcon fans are some how against the ravens yesterday, when the vast majority of us, that posted who they wanted to win, said they wanted the ravens to win.

Yea really, the last thing I needed this season was to see the filthy *** niners win another superbowl. Ravens have an amazing team, and deserved a superbowl win, I'm happy for them.

Doesn't change the fact that flacco is an average QB though.

Meh, that logic is flawed. Because there is no way to know had Jones not returned it for a TD that Flacco couldn't or wouldn't have led them to a TD himself. Up until that point the Ravens had scored on EVERY possession but 1. That's why you can't single out one play, because every single play has an affect on the next play, and ultimately the game.

That kickoff return can't be the difference anymore than the other TDs scored were the difference. Fact of the matter is, the Ravens lose without any single one of those touchdowns. Thus you can't single out one.

what a coincidence, atlanta scored on every possession except 1 up until their first possession of the second half as well.

Since we're discussing all these hypothetical scenarios... I think you could just as easily add that the Ravens would have blown the 49ers out if the power hadn't went out for so long. They completely dominated the first half, then Jones goes ahead and does his thing to start the half... so they obviously carried the momentum over from the 1st half until the lights went out. Also, no one knows that without that TD from Jones' return would have made or broke the Ravens that game. When you get up that big, especially in a game like the Super Bowl, it's only natural to get a little conservative on the offensive side of the ball.

In the discussion in which you are trying to frame yes it was more important.

Becuase The ravens offense did not score enough to win it on its own.... the difference for their victory was the TD... that was the only td the ravens ofense scored the entire second hald

and of those 7 scores 3 were FG's

So yes that kick off return was more valuable than ATLEAST 1 FG ( considering the Ravens won by 3).

And when you consider the fact that was the only TD scored in the second half for the ravens and the rest were FGs... Yeah it was more important than those other scores.

Not to mention the momentum factor.....

But hey it helps to actually watch the game!

1. I never mentioned the FGs. So please sit down and pay attention sweetheart.

2. Momentum???!?! laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png The Raven had all the momentum at the point anyway. Were YOU watching the game? You realize it was 21-6 BEFORE the kickoff return. The Ravens already had all the momentum.

3. Like I said, No way to know what Flacco could have done with that possession. He never had to get on the field due to the kickoff return.

You can't single out one score as the difference, just because it's the only thing you have left. Sorry.

Edited by NYG4

Since we're discussing all these hypothetical scenarios... I think you could just as easily add that the Ravens would have blown the 49ers out if the power hadn't went out for so long. They completely dominated the first half, then Jones goes ahead and does his thing to start the half... so they obviously carried the momentum over from the 1st half until the lights went out. Also, no one knows that without that TD from Jones' return would have made or broke the Ravens that game. When you get up that big, especially in a game like the Super Bowl, it's only natural to get a little conservative on the offensive side of the ball.

meh i disagree with that, both teams had to deal with the power outage and no one was complaining about the 30 minute half time stopping the raven's momentum.

I think it looks like Falcon fans aren't giving Flacco enough credit because most Flacco threads in RC either are or turn into Flacco v. Ryan threads. Most of the actual smack talk has come from Panther fans that have had to survive on strained optimism and schadenfreude for years now. He had a fantastic postseason run, he certainly got his share of help from Boldin and Denver's secondary but he had a better run than Ryan's ever had and he's validated all the time spent wondering if he was ever going to develop into that kind of player. If the debate has to be Flacco v. Ryan then it's obvious Ryan has to win at least one ring and he's behind Flacco in that regard, that said Flacco was a play away from the Super Bowl last year and that's how we're going into the offseason. It's not Flacco v. Newton of course, simply because that'd be ridiculous.

meh i disagree with that, both teams had to deal with the power outage and no one was complaining about the 30 minute half time stopping the raven's momentum.

Like I said, hypothetical... like mostly everything else in this thread. The only thing that's in stone is that the Ravens outplayed the 49ers, Flacco outplayed Kaepernick, and the Ravens won the Super Bowl.

I think it looks like Falcon fans aren't giving Flacco enough credit because most Flacco threads in RC either are or turn into Flacco v. Ryan threads. Most of the actual smack talk has come from Panther fans that have had to survive on strained optimism and schadenfreude for years now. He had a fantastic postseason run, he certainly got his share of help from Boldin and Denver's secondary but he had a better run than Ryan's ever had and he's validated all the time spent wondering if he was ever going to develop into that kind of player. If the debate has to be Flacco v. Ryan then it's obvious Ryan has to win at least one ring and he's behind Flacco in that regard, that said Flacco was a play away from the Super Bowl last year and that's how we're going into the offseason. It's not Flacco v. Newton of course, simply because that'd be ridiculous.

No I think other rival fans had just as much to do with that as any panther fan. So maybe stop being a little ***** for once in your life.

Flacco vs. Newton...WFW just spit out some perfectly good JB Devils's cut!laugh.pngcool.png

julio.gif