There are a lot of similarities. They are BOTH great QBs!

But there is one difference between Joe & Matt that NEVER gets brought up in the ad nauseam debate: Joe Flacco unquestionably has the better defense (Ray Lewis, Haloti Ngata, Terrell Suggs, Ed Reed, etc.).

If Matt had the Ravens defense the last five years he would have won at least three Super Bowls.

There are a lot of similarities. They are BOTH great QBs!

But there is one difference between Joe & Matt that NEVER gets brought up in the ad nauseam debate: Joe Flacco unquestionably has the better defense (Ray Lewis, Haloti Ngata, Terrell Suggs, Ed Reed, etc.).

If Matt had the Ravens defense the last five years he would have won at least three Super Bowls.

That may be so, but the Falcons have more talent around Matt. After bulking up the defense a little bit we can be in the Ravens position a couple times

Precisely. Thank you.

It's eerie, actually, how similarly they each played San Fran. Lights-out first halves (3 TD's each, only to never score another TD). Extremely unimpressive second halves. The difference was our turnovers, one of which was such a fluke I don't ever expect to see it again. Flacco was able to put up two field goals, just as we could have done without our miscues. But in the end, their offense scored only THREE more points than ours. Three more whopping points.

We're going to get there. Soon, I think. This year still hurts, but it WAS growth.

Flacco has a running gain, a better offensive line and two great receivers.

What Ryan has in receivers, Flacco makes up for in everything else. + a defense.

Honestly it looked like our line held off the 49ers better, asides from one big hit (which was late)

They do have a better run game, but who's to say we won't at least tune it up a bit. We don't need to rely heavy on the run because we have star receivers who make the big plays. Just like how Rice is one of their stars who makes big plays. Defense, I can't deny it.

Honestly it looked like our line held off the 49ers better, asides from one big hit (which was late)

They do have a better run game, but who's to say we won't at least tune it up a bit. We don't need to rely heavy on the run because we have star receivers who make the big plays. Just like how Rice is one of their stars who makes big plays. Defense, I can't deny it.

When you look at an offensive line, you've also gotta look at their run blocking. And a running gain will always help QB play.

will be interesting to see how the ravens will do without Ray and most likely Ed Reed next year.

I believe Reed said he will return, but now not sure. I'd think he'd wanna go out on top.

When you look at an offensive line, you've also gotta look at their run blocking. And a running gain will always help QB play.

No denying that the run game helps the QB, but not all teams need the strongest run game to win it all. Just need something to keep the defense honest