So Clearly The Refs Choke The Whistle In The Playoffs

So the plan should be to mug wr's all day long. In the regular season roddys no call is called and Crabtrees no call is called.

You know it going in so no excuses.

You are right. The fact that the Falcons are the least penalized team in NFL history became a gigantic negative in the post season, because the refs don't throw the flags for anything anyway.

When it came time to test the boundaries of legality with physicality, we didn't know how.

You are right. The fact that the Falcons are the least penalized team in NFL history became a gigantic negative in the post season, because the refs don't throw the flags for anything anyway.

When it came time to test the boundaries of legality with physicality, we didn't know how.

Which to me is a sad portrayal of the state of the game. I get we should let them play but come on. It took the most blatant of penalties to get a call. Only when it involved us it wasn't so. We get our DT called quickly , when the do the exact same thing its not called a qtr later. I am not normally one to call bias but it was a bit of a joke. The fact that they let the holding call that wasnt work for the Ravens was amazing to me. Refs need work.

For me, what's wrong is wrong regardless of score, time or situation. I don't care if the penalty occurred within the last 30 seconds of a close game or the first minute of the game--it should be called.

There shouldn't be incentives for players to commit penalties in really late and close games--because that is what is being passively rewarded with too oftentimes game-changing and game-deciding no calls.

Yeah, it sucks for a team to go on to win because the defense or offense committed a penalty with little time left. But heck, if it's a penalty, it's a penalty. If you don't want it to come to that, I have an idea:

Don't commit the penatly!

Sure, refs don't want to blow the whistle and be wrong, but they are doing the exact opposite too many times--not calling overt penalties in late and close or momentum-swinging situations.

And quite frankly, THAT has to stop.

The sad thing is the Falcons only got called for two penalties in the NFC Championship game, and both were drive extenders for the Niners. And the worst thing is that neither was a productive play of any kind if we would have gotten away with them. Those are the kinds of penalties you want to take, if you have to take penalties, not stupid personal foul calls like Nicholas took (which I thought was a bad call though).

Thought the officals had a bad game all round.

Roughing the kicker

late hit on Flacco out of bounds

a number of scuffles on the field

a number of holding calls

pass interference

The only problem I had with the refs is the discrepancy on the last two drives. They called Culliver for a tiny little tug on the jersey. Nobody is talking about that call, but it turned out to be equally as important as the non call on 4th down.

I think that's a good sentiment muskokas I just wish the refs treated all games this way.

I think the art of "incidental contact" is a lost one. People were claiming Julio pushed off on one of his td's against SEA when it was clearly hand checking. There is a distinct difference in hand checks and interference/holding.

I think that's a good sentiment muskokas I just wish the refs treated all games this way.

I think the art of "incidental contact" is a lost one. People were claiming Julio pushed off on one of his td's against SEA when it was clearly hand checking. There is a distinct difference in hand checks and interference/holding.

I think the NFL should take referee's judgement out of the equation altogether.

Either make it where WRs and Defensive backs can do whatever they want to each other all the way down the field, or make it where the defenders can't touch the WRs at all.

Since the masses generally like offense, I'd go with that second thing I guess.

Well in the regular season it's officiated with the latter and in the postseason it takes a true mugging to get a flag. I like the notion of letting them play up to the clear line of interference. Both roddy and Crabtree plays were borderline but I guarandamtee you it was interference in the regular season.

I think the NFL should take referee's judgement out of the equation altogether.

Either make it where WRs and Defensive backs can do whatever they want to each other all the way down the field, or make it where the defenders can't touch the WRs at all.

Since the masses generally like offense, I'd go with that second thing I guess.

70s style football!!!!!