No Debate Now...flacco > Ryan

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think that is true either. There is a common ground. Marino is one of the GOAT top 5 in every passing stats plus a NFL MVP he fell short in playoffs doesnt take away from his regular season success.

Ryan is still young but im pretty sure Ryan is top 5 in almost every QB category this season. His team fell short in the NFC Championship (10 yards) and he was injured in the 4th qtr . Ryan was mentioned for MVP pretty much throughout the entire year. Yet people never have anything positive to say about him.....

They had similar stat lines against the same defense. Flacco lead his team to 3 more points than Ryan did against the same defense with an extra week to prepare and with a running game. Ryan had one miscue that was on him, that's it. Flacco balled and I'll consider him as good as Ryan but I won't say better.

They had similar stat lines against the same defense. Flacco lead his team to 3 more points than Ryan did against the same defense with an extra week to prepare and with a running game. Ryan had one miscue that was on him, that's it. Flacco balled and I'll consider him as good as Ryan but I won't say better.

Ryan also got injured in the 4th qtr.......

Our defense did enough to win against that high scoring offense(SF). Ravens 31 Falcons 28 points against that offense. Ravens 34 Falcons 24 points against that defense. Flacco 287 yards Ryan 394 yards against that defense. Flacco 9 playoff wins(SB champ) Ryan 1 playoff win. Did Dimitrov draft the right QB(Flacco/Ryan)? Did he draft the right wide receiver(T.Smith/Jones)? Did he hire the right coach(Smith/Harbaugh)?

Maybe it will turn out like Manning and Rothlesburger. They both drafted the same year and both have Superbowl rings

why does it hurt tho. Not a big deal Flacco is better than Ryan we move on. Lets hope Ryan wins a SB and gets a MVP

Ryan is more of a gunslinger than Flacco. He'll take chances when he shouldn't. Flacco tends to play within the system. The telling thing for me is interceptions in the playoffs. If I remember right, Flacco had no interceptions. How many did Ryan have? Mind you I'm a Ryan fan but he hast to take better care of the ball. He has to learn to take what the defense gives you and stop trying to force the big play.

Ryan is more of a gunslinger than Flacco. He'll take chances when he shouldn't. Flacco tends to play within the system. The telling thing for me is interceptions in the playoffs. If I remember right, Flacco had no interceptions. How many did Ryan have? Mind you I'm a Ryan fan but he hast to take better care of the ball. He has to learn to take what the defense gives you and stop trying to force the big play.

Ryan was also forced to be 1-dimensional, Flacco was not.

Funny how football really is a game of inches. Flacco had a wonderful playoff run, but the Ravens were a lucky 4th and 29 conversion away from missing the playoffs. Flacco had an average regular season completing around 58% of his passes...had they missed on that conversion the world is singing a different story with regards to Flacco. Three games later and he is now the next $100 million dollar man.

But kudos to Flacco. He really did have a great run...I'll still take Ryan over the long haul though.

Ryan had 3 picks, one that I believe he thought Tony was going somewhere else against Seattle, another where he was too aggressive and threw the ball up when he had a better option underneath, and one against San Fran where Roddy White fell on his route. Ryan gets no blame from me on that one and only a little bit on the one to Tony because Tony in all likelihood should have been in the spot. He gets blame for the one to Earl Thomas though (a play in which Roddy was also falling down and may have been able to break it up had he not, but still a poor decision.) Ryan still put up 400 yards and 3 TD and completing 70% of his passes (and impressive number considering the yards he threw for especially, he wasn't dinking and dunking) against the Niners, if not for Roddy's slip, we probably would have gotten at least a field goal off that drive and he and Flacco would have both been responsible for driving their teams to 27 points against the same defense, only with Flacco having 2 weeks and Matt Ryan's film to study before his game.

Ryan had 3 picks, one that I believe he thought Tony was going somewhere else against Seattle, another where he was too aggressive and threw the ball up when he had a better option underneath, and one against San Fran where Roddy White fell on his route. Ryan gets no blame from me on that one and only a little bit on the one to Tony because Tony in all likelihood should have been in the spot. He gets blame for the one to Earl Thomas though (a play in which Roddy was also falling down and may have been able to break it up had he not, but still a poor decision.) Ryan still put up 400 yards and 3 TD and completing 70% of his passes (and impressive number considering the yards he threw for especially, he wasn't dinking and dunking) against the Niners, if not for Roddy's slip, we probably would have gotten at least a field goal off that drive and he and Flacco would have both been responsible for driving their teams to 27 points against the same defense, only with Flacco having 2 weeks and Matt Ryan's film to study before his game.

Yep.

Flacco and ryans careers are eerily similar to Brady and Manning in the early part of their careers. Manning, like Ryan, had all the weapons regular season wins and stats, but often failed in the playoffs and lacked a defense. Brady, like flacco, won a lot in the regular season but was inconsistent and put up average stats. In the playoffs though he was money.

Im glad for flacco and I hope Ryan helps win us a championship one day.