Defense

UK13

I just can't see any offense in the NFCCG going scoreless in a whole half, especially ours....that's all bro.

Well, it happened to the #1 offense in the NFL in the AFC championship game.

The Pats scored 557 points last season, covering up for their suspect defense. They put 13 on the board in the first half and COMPLETELY got shut out in the second half. It happens to the best of 'em.

How many rings do they have?

They have 3 and do you know how they won them? WITH DEFENSE. They had real playmakers on defense when they won those 3 championships. No way they would have give up 21 second half points the way they did against the Ravens two weeks ago.

But how many rings they have wasn't the point you were getting at. You asserted that it's just so unthinkable that an offense could get shut down in the second half... as if the Falcons exist in some alternate universe. Well, the exact thing happened on the same day to the best offense in the NFL. Bottom line, if you are really a championship caliber team, you have to be able to trust your defense with a 17 and 20 point lead.

They have 3 and do you know how they won them? WITH DEFENSE. They had real playmakers on defense when they won those 3 championships. No way they would have give up 21 second half points the way they did against the Ravens two weeks ago.

But how many rings they have wasn't the point you were getting at. You asserted that it's just so unthinkable that an offense could get shut down in the second half... as if the Falcons exist in some alternate universe. Well, the exact thing happened on the same day to the best offense in the NFL. Bottom line, if you are really a championship caliber team, you have to be able to trust your defense with a 17 and 20 point lead.

Ok...dude...maybe the defense shouldv'e scored as well and we would've won by 2 points.

Ok...dude...maybe the defense shouldv'e scored as well and we would've won by 2 points.

Or maybe they should have held a 17 point lead the way championship-caliber defenses do.

Seriously, you want to throw shade at the offense as if it's really something unheard of that a good offense wouldn't score in the second half. Well, I gave you an example of it happening to an even better offense than the Falcons.

Bottom line, you have to have some semblance of a complete team. You can't expect a team to be championship worthy if they're taking the field with a defensive unit that has it in them to give up a 20 and 17 point halftime lead repectively.

Edited by PeytonMannings Forehead

If we still had Michael Jenkins then the Falcons would have blown the 49ers out! He's the best #2 WR in the league. It was all Ryan's fault that he looked so bad. Julio was definitely a downgrade.

LMAO at you bring MJ back into the picture. I was the one that asked what would it cost for us to go up and get JJ and EVERYONE, well nearly, everyone thought I was nuts. Talking about we wouldn't have enough value and getting all philosophical....and we ended up going to get him. So please don't try and discredit me. I've been watching and loving the Falcons since '76...what about you? For the record...I talked trash when we let Dallas come back and win...and it was the defense's fault IMO that year.